1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1) MMS 238 T-800 (Battle Damaged Version) Figure

MMS is the way to go on this. F that PERS BS.

While I agree with that for the most part, the DX13 did an excellent job with the PERS. (especially the fully BD head sculpt) Won't this have a seam for the back of the head sculpts to detach (like on most PERS figures) to accommodate the LED features anyway?

How did I guess people would start selling their custom T800s once this was announced? :lol

Because HT blew all customs out of the water, duh.

Or how about an ultimate DX figure encompassing T1 and T2, completely revamped and made from scratch, capturing every look from both movies!:pray:
The Terminator figure :D

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

Oh, is there a distinct difference with the pt.1 & 2 shirts? I didn't realize. In that case I'm surprised that HT didn't include a clean shirt with this. They definitely should have

You can buy a t-Shirt not damage, from Ebay for 3 dollars.

Sad but true... I remember years ago getting quoted $180 for a painted BD T1 head at a time when mass production figures were still in the $100 range. So, now to finally have an incredible looking figure and not have to shell out $300-$400 to get one made makes me a happy camper.

I believe even my "bargain" basement job (that I sold off after HT released the first T2 Arnold) cost me around $175 after you included body, outfit pieces, the head from Adam Gu and paint by Darkartist81. Not to mention it took at least 6 months from start to finish to get it made.

Not bad looking considering the time, but still doesn't hold a candle to this and as inflation goes probably cost more in 2009 then this figure costs now. Not to mention looking better, having more stuff etc. :lol

Now be kind... I was pretty proud of how this turned out 4 or 5 years ago... now not so much :lol
terma-1.jpg

Wow Joseph, that's actually the best looking T1 custom I've seen. Although Adams sculpt is a little dated, it still holds up nicely.

He's always done impressive work... I think the likeness is pretty spot-on, but it's a tad undersized. I remember the first time I saw his Terminator sculpts I felt my mind actually blow out :lol

Yep, including mine which was pretty badass, had light up eye, sculpted metal eye socket, etc. DSC06675.jpg

I still have mine too and I still love him regardless. He will serve well as the second body for the other head sculpt that comes with this set.

DSC_1420-1.jpg

DSC_1422-1.jpg

DSC_1425.jpg

I'm on the side that thinks this has a better likeness than this pre-order ps hs

All those customs look great! Let's see some more. :yess:

All DX really means now is PERS and a special base. It used to include tons of extras as well but DX14 changed all that.

Agreed. MMS would have had 2 pens, max.

Then there's the loaded exclusive version (that I posted in the DX14 thread and no one found it funny):

Lee @ CDUK has this for £165 and I have £10 credit with him...
This will be my first doll :yess:

Never seen a Terminator statue I liked enough to buy but this looks awesome :rock

Sorry, as i've just said this is all new to me...
Can this be pegged/clipped to the base or will it need a stick up his arse?

Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1) MMS 238 T-800 (Battle Damaged Version) Figure

It'll have the crotch stand but you'll be able to pose it without

They can hold there own weight fine

All DX really means now is PERS and a special base. It used to include tons of extras as well but DX14 changed all that.

No it didn't. It was the DX 3 Michael Jackson. That was the first barebones DX figure, even worse than the DX14.

Back