1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

Was planning to try and find all custom parts for this one but HT just saved the day. Instant PO for me, can't wait...

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

**** DX's, **** PERS.

I haven't been this excited for a Hot Toys figure since the Tech Noir or '89 Batman. Seeing these specs/pics this morning is like Hot Toys read my mind. This is literally what I pictured when I'd put "Police Shootout T-800" in wishlist posts. This is what I envisioned. The head sculpts straddle the line of realism, idealism, and still give off the presence of those funky Stan Winston puppets and prosthetics. It's all about those eyes. I love how widened and determined they made the full tanker battle damage, that's a spitting image of how he looks in the film. He had this sort of "deer in headlights look" and then that sort of trance while he's pursuing Sarah in the tanker. This captures that perfectly. The dead/rotting pale skin looks great (this looks inhuman, as it should, I don't get the complaints about this likeness), and these are the best looking 1/6 gargoyles I've ever seen. The fact that they got the little things right, like the pattern on the grey shirt or that pipe bomb easily let me overlook "the color of the pants" or "why not alternate clothes with damage".

I literally couldn't be happier with this figure. First time I've found myself gushing over product instead of being cynical and nitpicky. This is one of those grails for me. I had the original MMS 02 "hamburger face" version, it was my very first Hot Toys figure. While I felt sentimental about it and dug it at the time, it was the first figure I sold in anticipation of a "better" version. So it was around the time of getting the Tech Noir, so about 3-4 years in the making. I paid $75 for it and sold it for $350 in anticipation for this one, THE Terminator. Right now, the only thing that could damper my hype for this thing is if Hot Toys and Sideshow obnoxiously price gauge this guy. This should be an easy $210-239.

:exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

You just said exactly what I was thinking this morning and I'm just talking to Andrew over at FB.
This morning it was for me like this:

I arrived at work this morning, got my first mug of coffee and just wanted to take a look at new posts at ssf.
Opened new posts, after I checked the DX13 thread and only saw Terminator BD and I thought:"Wait, you just took a look into the BD thread, what the...?!"
I had to look 2-3 times to believe that I REALLY saw THE GRAIL:
MMS238 - The Terminator (Battle Damaged Edition) 1/6 scale limited edition collectible figurine.
Opened the thread and really saw the pics.
You know this cheerful, awesome-like, tears in your eyes anticipation when looking at something you wanted to have all of your life?
:lol :yess:
So there it was...unbelievable!!!

For those complaining about likeness not being 100%. Need To Remember. After Arnolds eyebrows get burned off. Arnold didn't really look like Arnold after that. I think the head sculpts are done just fine with this.

Well for me I was directly comparing it to the BD MMS136 which has no eyebrows. I think that one has a stronger likeness. Im not hating on this though, I'd take it as is really.

I can't believe there finally making this figure ! I'm also extremely happy it's not 1/4 scale . 1/6 scale is my bread and butter right now .

Agreed. There was a part of me that worried they'd make the 1:4 version and then consider that look covered for PS T-800, never making a 1:6 version. 1:6 should always have been the priority and thankfully that has been the case. Now, if the 1:4 happens, great. If not, whatevs.

Right now, the only thing that could damper my hype for this thing is if Hot Toys and Sideshow obnoxiously price gauge this guy. This should be an easy $210-249.

Or if they pull a Wolverine and **** the paint right up.

Yeah, regardless of any quibbles - I agree guys, this one's got me really pumped too.

I really wanted the DX13, but my window for acquiring that one is all but closed pretty much now. If it was a choice between that - & this guy, T1 is where it's at for me - always has been.. so it's a no brainer. Excellent set - truly excellent. :rock

It's as close as a perfect collecting experience gets, when you focus your collection in anticipation of those real key pieces you're hoping for.. & they actually happen. :)

Is Sideshow out for Prez Day? Toss this guy up already.

To all the nit-pickers -

When can we expect this guy to go up for PO?

Or if they pull a Wolverine and **** the paint right up.

Yeah, that would suck. That Wolverine looked fantastic in the prototype/specs stages. I thought it was the best likeness to Hugh Jackman yet. It's a real shame that the final version got botched.

I've got faith in this though. Hot Toys has done a commendable job on their Hot Toys figures I think. From MMS 117 to DX 13, they've all turned out as good or better than their prototypes. I remember the MMS 117 shirt and everyone *****ing about the lack of black tee. Final product? Had the tee. DX 10 still ended up having crappy PERS eyes, but the final figure looked infinitely better than that weird prototype that looked like it was carved out of grey rock. DX 13? Complete make over. Only quibble was that rusty looking endo skull from all that blood.

This figure is nothing complex for them, they're not covering new ground or taking on something they've never done before. I don't see why there would be a problem. Here's hoping there are no problems. Regardless, Day 1 purchase. I think I may blow all my Spook/Christmas/figure rewards points on this sucker.

This is my favorite image. Looks truly psycho and ****ing weird.

^ Yeah, the puppet was masterfully creepy - especially the way it was surveying the landscape while driving. :lol :rock

if I'd only been collecting when the Tech Noir release had come about, I would have the 4 Terminators(DX10,DX13 and this) I've always wanted but this still more than makes up for it

I may even get one for my Dad, its his favorite movie and probably character of all time, the original T-800 that being

This is my favorite image. Looks truly psycho and ****ing weird.

Yeah, then the close up of the jaw. I don't care if he looks noticeably fake in that movie as a puppet, I was always fascinated with that look and the idea that his skin was rotting.

truckcanopy.png

I also like the, "Hey buddy, ya got a dead cat in there or what."/"**** you *******" shot of him with the flies going around his skin and the moving Endo eye.

It looked frightening because you knew no matter how dead/zombie looking he was there was a whole new look underneath.

He looked that messed up and dead yet he was no were near dying and his true look was yet to come albeit it wasn't as intimidating as Arnie.

The puppets in the movie were out of this world. Love how dead he looked near the end. Total rotting and ****ing creepy as hell. Nothing could stop him. He wanted Sarah dead and that was it. Arnold just did a fantastic job portraying a Cyborg killing machine. Definitely intimidating and you definitely did not want to mess with him.

waaaaaaaant!!! looks so good :)

I do fear we're gonna get more of the soft paint, and overly syrupy blood again
For sure. Will look odd next to MMS136 which has old style sharp paint...

I wonder why they didn't DX this one.
Cuz that would require effort.
Like 2in1 set of accurate figures with weathering and actual damage.

They definitely make this so you'll want multiples.
Exactly.

literally was just talking about this on the dx 13 and neca boards the other day only to come home from work to see this -

t-800 84.jpg

looks incredible and I absolutely can not wait. hopefully there isn't a ridiculously long wait untill he is released! I will have to get two for sure

t 84.jpg

Yeah, then the close up of the jaw. I don't care if he looks noticeably fake in that movie as a puppet, I was always fascinated with that look and the idea that his skin was rotting.

truckcanopy.png

I also like the, "Hey buddy, ya got a dead cat in there or what."/"**** you *******" shot of him with the flies going around his skin and the moving Endo eye.

Yeah, I really like that the skin damage started causing decay. As much as I love T2, the bd was hardly unpleasant compared to this one.

It is moments like these when you say "Damn HT's why do you have to charge so much for figures". I would love to have this figure in my collection but in a high price/ pick and choose HT world I don't thinkk I need it that bad!

Back