1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

Spot-on likeness there :

PD1392614839W4r.jpg

I checked the PF and then cried. I just can't let this figure go.
Dang, they announced a new BD T-800 and I still don't have my DX13. Life suxxx. :'(

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

^ Yeah, the puppet was masterfully creepy - especially the way it was surveying the landscape while driving. :lol :rock

Yeah, then the close up of the jaw. I don't care if he looks noticeably fake in that movie as a puppet, I was always fascinated with that look and the idea that his skin was rotting.

truckcanopy.png

I also like the, "Hey buddy, ya got a dead cat in there or what."/"**** you *******" shot of him with the flies going around his skin and the moving Endo eye.

Yeah, I love the way he looks through that whole sequence regardless of the fakeness. He's seriously creepy looking. One more.

While all great observations - it wasn't just the actual prop alone, it was the jerky inhuman movements it was making, & the way it's eye moved.

CGI just cannot do any of that in a million lifetimes, without looking like a glossy cartoon at best. :lol

So far I'm thinking 4 full figure purchases and parts for anything else I want to do. Like DX13.

Cuz that would require effort.
Like 2in1 set of accurate figures with weathering and actual damage.

Do I gather from this post that you aren't entirely happy with the package here? Needs alternate clean vest and BD jacket/pants?

For sure. Will look odd next to MMS136 which has old style sharp paint...

Cuz that would require effort.
Like 2in1 set of accurate figures with weathering and actual damage.

Exactly.

Oh c'mon Riddick! Don't tell me you're butt hurt about this and aren't feelin' the loving!

Nobody complained about the Tech Noir not having weathering or burns. People just did it themselves if they had to.

Yeah, I love the way he looks through that whole sequence regardless of the fakeness. He's seriously creepy looking. One more.

It was scenes like that is why as a little kid. I thought this movie was scary . But I still loved it. I always feel this was more of a Sci Fi horror. Rather then T2 which is Sci Fi action.

Yeah, I really like that the skin damage started causing decay. As much as I love T2, the bd was hardly unpleasant compared to this one.

Well said. I always thought of him looking "cool" or "badass" in T2 but in T1 he's freakishly scary. It's the dripping blood down his face that really does it I think. I've been banging on for a while about liking the trucker BD T1 look over the PS. I think it was all those great customs that kinda took away the real hunger for one. Besides, this is the only Terminator out of all the movies that looks like a true horror show.

To all the nit-pickers -

When can we expect this guy to go up for PO?

I'm hoping today . There sight must have a lot of visitors because it seems to be running slow on my iPhone . Everybody's checking for preorder maybe .

Well said. I always thought of him looking "cool" or "badass" in T2 but in T1 he's freakishly scary. It's the dripping blood down his face that really does it I think. I've been banging on for a while about liking the trucker BD T1 look over the PS. I think it was all those great customs that kinda took away the real hunger for one. Besides, this is the only Terminator out of all the movies that looks like a true horror show.

I still say that the T1 T-800 was at it's most menacing/intimidating was when he was in the cop car looking for Sarah and Reese in the car park. No eyebrows was seriously freaky.

Dang, they announced a new BD T-800 and I still don't have my DX13. Life suxxx. :'(

I know the feeling, don't even have a dx13 ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All things considered - they should've thrown in a basic black stand w/ nameplate too I think.

I don't really have a use for that big road enviro-base.

Awesome...even if it's pricey Hot Toys delivers..again and again. The shots with the flames in the background are amazing !

You guys think this will go up for order today?

Do I gather from this post that you aren't entirely happy with the package here?
Needs alternate clean vest and BD jacket/pants?
I'm not a fan of semi-BD T-800 and collect only initial and full BD looks.
So of course I'm not happy with this announcement.

Oh c'mon! Don't tell me you're butt hurt about this and aren't feelin' the loving!
I was overjoyed at first. Then I saw photo of the set :monkey4

Nobody complained about the Tech Noir not having weathering or burns.
People just did it themselves if they had to.
Ok, I'll play dumbass to fit in :lol

I'm not a fan of semi-BD T-800 and collect only initial and full BD looks.
So of course I'm not happy with this announcement.

I was overjoyed at first. Then I saw photo of the set :monkey4

Ok, I'll play dumbass to fit in :lol

The head, chest wounds and hands are the most important part of the full battle damage/tanker truck look and they're there.

All that's missing is some tears, burns and dirt on the pants. All anyone has to do is take their figure when they get it and send the leather jacket and pants through hell. That's all. It's not like the DX 13 T-800 where his damage was as substantial as a freaking missing arm and jacket arm! You're overreacting here a bit man. If someone wants the Police Shootout look, all they do is turn the grey shirt around. If someone wants the post Police Shootout/Motorcycle chase, leave the chest wounds exposed, i.e. the way the shirt is packaged. Want full battle damage? Pop the hands on, pop the full battle damaged head on and **** up the jacket and pants. That's all there is to it. Better yet, just get a spare of the jacket and pants and you're set. When the MMS 136 was first available, the pants and jacket weren't very expensive. The current Hot Toys leather jackets go for about 10 bucks.

So is anyone going to buy HT's T-850s? I'm sure they will have a clean version out by at leadt 3rd quarter next year and then a bd version too.

Back