1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

Hot Toys is never going to please everyone, but that's a'aight. I couldn't be much happier with this. . .unless, of course, we had more outfit options, etc.

I think the PERS process is damaging to several likenesses, so do prefer the MMS here. Supposedly Superman was made an MMS because likeness was negatively affected by the PERS, so that might have also been the case here. But it wouldn't shock me if HT simply view this as a second tier franchise, not on the order of T2 and '89 Batman, and so not really worthy to get the full "special" treatment.

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

Well I'm sure you meant 'puppetry' rather than CGI. Fair enough, you're entitled to your view. I hope you don't mind me trying to be funny there :lol

Nah mate not at all and yeah whether they used puppets for the film, prosthetics or CGI it all equals to a pretty dodgy looking figure with very little Arnie likeness to me :dunno

Good for all you guys who have been waiting for this figure though :hi5:

I'm glad this is not a dx, I don't like pers , hot toys painted eyes look more real imo. but I do hope they add a few bullet holes to the jacket.

Nah mate not at all and yeah whether they used puppets for the film, prosthetics or CGI it all equals to a pretty dodgy looking figure with very little Arnie likeness to me :dunno

Good for all you guys who have been waiting for this figure though :hi5:

:duff

Personally I think a resemblance to the puppet does have somewhat of an appeal. Naturally it ought to look like Arnie though. So far I'm undecided on how happy I am with the sculpts. Mainly I'm just thrilled to see a new HT Terminator figure, as is the usual pattern with me to start with.

Good god the more I look at the pictures the more it looks like Arnie did in T1. I really really hope they keep up the clammy looking skin tone for the final product. Don't disappoint, ht. This is one important figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

:duff

Personally I think a resemblance to the puppet does have somewhat of an appeal. Naturally it ought to look like Arnie though. So far I'm undecided on how happy I am with the sculpts. Mainly I'm just thrilled to see a new HT Terminator figure, as is the usual pattern with me to start with.

You think it resembles the prosthetic? It looks like it's in line with the T2 figure to me. Cyborg under skin. I have mixed feelings on the sculpts too. I like the full BD more at the moment. There is some Arnie in there but I don't think these are as strong a likeness as the 136. Still, if it's anything like the T2 figure we'll have nothing to worry about. The tweaking of that proto did wonders. And that's not to say the proto looked bad.

It really does look so good and I think it's one of the few HT figs I've seen that hasn't been overly stylised to look "nicer" if you know what I mean. Pretty close to screen accurate with the clammy skin and zombie like prosthetic

I think it's easier to justify the lack of a 100% perfect likeness when you consider that they may have been going for a prosthetic look, but I do wonder if that was intentional or not. In any case, no biggie for me. But yeah, I do hope this one gets one of their better paint apps. Surely this guy deserves more attention than the Mandarin!

The only other thing I would ask for is a clean shirt. Who knows, they might actually toss one in.

I would like to see some more tweaking of the likeness, but it's not a deal breaker for me... I've never done this before with a Hot Toys figure, but two ordered :horror

And for the record, those Cats fans among us are going to get a lot of mileage out of the "cat claw" hands.

g5c26fa91.jpg

I actually think they have captured the 'dead' looking T-800 really well, perfect no but what is perfect.

And to think we all had a conversation not so long ago wondering if HT would cheapen on us and release this guy as one, (some people wanted two individual figures so that HT could maximize on both looks) but that is exactly what they have done but without gong cheap on us. :yess:

I can't believe there finally making this figure ! I'm also extremely happy it's not 1/4 scale . 1/6 scale is my bread and butter right now .

awsome getting it.

And for the record, those Cats fans among us are going to get a lot of mileage out of the "cat claw" hands.

g5c26fa91.jpg

Excellent. I can finally make my custom 1/6 Mr. Mistoffelees.

Here is an old photo from the set of the 1984 film and he was clearly wearing a lot of make up when you compare him to Peter Kent, Arnie's stunt double in most of his films. I think HT did a great job with the head sculpt.

For those complaining about likeness not being 100%. Need To Remember. After Arnolds eyebrows get burned off. Arnold didn't really look like Arnold after that. I think the head sculpts are done just fine with this.

**** DX's, **** PERS.

I haven't been this excited for a Hot Toys figure since the Tech Noir or '89 Batman. Seeing these specs/pics this morning is like Hot Toys read my mind. This is literally what I pictured when I'd put "Police Shootout T-800" in wishlist posts. This is what I envisioned. The head sculpts straddle the line of realism, idealism, and still give off the presence of those funky Stan Winston puppets and prosthetics. It's all about those eyes. I love how widened and determined they made the full tanker battle damage, that's a spitting image of how he looks in the film. He had this sort of "deer in headlights look" and then that sort of trance while he's pursuing Sarah in the tanker. This captures that perfectly. The dead/rotting pale skin looks great (this looks inhuman, as it should, I don't get the complaints about this likeness), and these are the best looking 1/6 gargoyles I've ever seen. The fact that they got the little things right, like the pattern on the grey shirt or that pipe bomb easily let me overlook "the color of the pants" or "why not alternate clothes with damage".

I literally couldn't be happier with this figure. First time I've found myself gushing over product instead of being cynical and nitpicky. This is one of those grails for me. I had the original MMS 02 "hamburger face" version, it was my very first Hot Toys figure. While I felt sentimental about it and dug it at the time, it was the first figure I sold in anticipation of a "better" version. So it was around the time of getting the Tech Noir, so about 3-4 years in the making. I paid $75 for it and sold it for $350 in anticipation for this one, THE Terminator. Right now, the only thing that could damper my hype for this thing is if Hot Toys and Sideshow obnoxiously price gauge this guy. This should be an easy $210-249.

Last edited:
Back