1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectib

Hello guys, im posting this here because it concerns mostly muscular bodies like those used for terminators.
This is an awesome fix/mod for the Neck inner connectors.
https://ultravinz.blogspot.fr/2012/11/the-problem-bad-choice-of-material-by.html
The advises to use two neck connectors but you can also use one like these wich has two rubber thingie inside.
View attachment 96768

Which I'd known this a few months back; got one (muscle body) off an EBay seller and it was broke like that. I ended up sending it back for a refund. I've got a few of those simple head/neck connectors laying around, and would have fixed it rather than sent it back

Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectib

So you didn't agree with anything in that link you sent to me?

https://www.jamescamerononline.com/SuperTerminators.htm

Which allows for T1 and T2 while discounting Ts 3 and 4 for their ridiculousness and absence of any real-world feel? I don't get it :dunno Why even talk to me about T2 if its effectively not canon to you?
???
i don't know why you came to such conclusion, but you're wrong.
all i say is that T1 is a nice and cruel story, and T2 is a Freddy VS Jason story using some original images. it's much better than T3, T4 but it is still what it is.
the interest of events, not their canonity.. canonny... i don't know how to make that word )
the terminator story ended on T1, it was dead when a kind terminator appeared, a whole another thing began, and it doesn't interest me at all. nothing about canon except for no possibility for a kind terminator, because if terminators could be kind, Skynet as the most powerful computer could be, too, and it wasn't. O_O
it's like when a predator became a samurai caveman, predator universe was dead, and a whole another franchise for kids started. no matter how live, famous, effective, colourful or anything else those cavemen predators / kind terminators are, they totally contradict original mood and concept, and that's the only contradiction i meant.

Congratz! Have you painted your CB750 yet, or did you buy one that is already pre-painted?
I am having a figure just for the bike too, to replace my custom one.
i haven't even got it yet )in Russia you wait for 1-2 months for a parcel to arrive )))
my friend has a friend who works in car service, they painted me the T2 bike from blue to black, they will paint me Honda from yellow to red and BMW windshield from black to red.

no, it's this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/321339198051
(red from the start!)

with front part like on this bike:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/301048538759

Last edited:

???
i don't know why you came to such conclusion, but you're wrong.
all i say is that T1 is a nice and cruel story, and T2 is a Freddy VS Jason story using some original images. it's much better than T3, T4 but it is still what it is.
the interest of events, not their canonity.. canonny... i don't know how to make that word )
the terminator story ended on T1, it was dead when a kind terminator appeared, a whole another thing began, and it doesn't interest me at all. nothing about canon except for no possibility for a kind terminator, because if terminators could be kind, Skynet as the most powerful computer could be, too, and it wasn't. O_O
it's like when a predator became a samurai caveman, predator universe was dead, and a whole another franchise for kids started. no matter how live, famous, effective, colourful or anything else those cavemen predators / kind terminators are, they totally contradict original mood and concept, and that's the only contradiction i meant.

I thought your attitude toward T2 had improved, it cleary hasn't so about that I was most certainly wrong.

I dunno if there's any point in carrying on the discussion, suffice it to say I don't think T2 'contradicts' anything, and suggesting that T2 T-800 is 'kind' is stretching but I can see that the minds of you T1 guys are clearly not for turning.

I thought your attitude toward T2 had improved, it cleary hasn't so about that I was most certainly wrong.
well, i erased what i wrote here and will just sum it up:
unlike T1, T2 is a pleasure to watch.
unlike T2, T1 is a pleasure to think about after watching.
...because that damn T1 has that THING walking among humans, representing their fate, and T2 just says that thing is a nice guy, there are 100500 such movies! :gah: it can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with, but it surely can be sold for a bigger rating due to turning into a family hero.

Last edited:

T2 isn't saying Terminator is a "nice guy".

It takes the concept of the core characters from the first film and inverts them. In T2, Sarah is no longer the victim she was from film one. She actually takes the role of a heartless, systematic "machine". She doesn't show her son any nurturing or love (only cares about his well being for the war) and becomes a Terminator herself when she goes to assassinate Dyson. The Terminator starts out as he did in the first film, a mindless killing machine focused on it's mission parameters. Throughout the film however, it starts to gain humanity while Sarah is losing hers. It's called a character arc. Sarah gets hers, The Terminator gets his and John even changes too.

No where in the film is the T-800 depicted as "kind" or a family hero. You guys just continue to be ******** because the Terminator isn't portrayed as a killing machine going into Police stations and killing cops or walking up to someone to pull their heart out of their chest. Because of this, you're missing the point. In the hands of Skynet, it can be a negative tool for killing. In the hands of John Connor, it can be a positive tool to preserve human life. Both the first and second Terminator's are programmed. That's a commentary on technology itself, it's not inherently good or evil. Even Skynet's creator, Miles Dyson isn't that crazy, evil scientist that the character could have been from T1. He's a family man that doesn't know that his intentions and life in the present impact the future in a negative way. He takes on the victim role Sarah had from film one.

Last edited:

yes, exactly, everybody is nice and still the AI turns out evil. that's the plot of T1.
They say it got smart, a new order of intelligence. Then it saw all people as a threat, not just the ones on the other side. Decided our fate in a microsecond: extermination.
and suddenly in T2 Skynet is not "a new order of intelligence", it doesn't "decide fate", it's just a frightened AI, may be nice deep inside, and all that threat goes away, just be kind, care for your friends, and skynet will be loyal as a puppy.

fe0ad405fa19.png

Throughout the film however, it starts to gain humanity
that is impossible, because if it was possible, skynet, as a much more intelligent computer, knowing a lot more about humans, would gain humanity long ago.
as i said, all skynet/terminator concept is killed in T2, turning into a random robot-with-a-soul movie.

d9039b2398dc.jpg

all that "it's just an instrument, people are the ones bad" nullifies the T1 essence.

T2 isn't saying Terminator is a "nice guy".
T2 is a nice guy from the beginning, politely informing people about his needs, caring for their health, forgetting to say please but being a positive character all in all.
T1 killed humans for just one knife against him (punk). or for bare hands (Matt). T2 forgave multiple threats like knives, shotguns, pistols and common crowd aggressiveness. no, he's a hero, he's cool and correct from the start )
a mindless killing machine
uh-huh. look above.

Last edited:

Skynet isn't the Terminator. Terminator is an autonomous being. It's laughable comparing the character to the likes of Wall-E.

In T2, the Terminator is still cold, without pity and remorse, and still won't stop until it carries out it's mission. Nothing changed except the orders and the understanding. Just because it understands why/how humans hurt and feel, doesn't mean it does. He clearly states that these are concepts that he could "never do" before coldly saying good bye. He's aware but still detached. That's the point of the film.

The Terminator still had the same attitude it did from the first one. That nonchalant, remorseless, steel faced cyborg. He shows no emotion to blowing the knee caps off of all the officers he shoots up. The only difference between the two is that T1 T-800 is following Skynet's orders (kill Sarah Connor, destroy humanity) while the other is following John's orders (protect them, preserve humanity). You guys are just overreacting like you always do.

Last edited:

found a funny history note about nice guys:

Cameron remembers having breakfast with Schwarzenegger to discuss Terminator 2. He told the actor right off that bat that, in this film, he wouldn’t be killing anyone. “But Jim,” Schwarzenegger responded, “I’m the Terminator.” It took some negotiating, but Cameron finally convinced Schwarzenegger that he couldn’t kill anyone. No word whether or not Cameron actually said, “Promise me you won’t kill anyone.”

https://filmschoolrejects.com/featu...erminator-2-judgment-day-commentary-jkirk.php

JC (James Cameron) forbid killing before JC (John Connor) :)

Yup.

Or shooting people. Or shoving people's heads into walls. Or the iconic "death glare" it always gives.

6476202ce1ac.jpg

remind me, Kuat of Kuat, of any serious damage T2 gave to those people in the bar. the terminator who knows human physiology and knows what to do to keep everybody alive as a filmmaker commanded )

i see you guys just ignore what you cannot dispute. alright, you know better than Cameron who specially made him a nice guy.

Look at the emotion on his face in the 4th screen shot. A cyborg is showing considerable straining (like he has to take a crap), from simply lifting a person up to send it's fist through their chest. Looks like he's going to cry.

Stupid. What a fail. In T2, the Terminator didn't even bat an eye when he got hit with the pool cue or when he picked up the bikers and sent them flying. Or even when he got the cigar in his chest.

Look at the emotion on his face in the 4th screen shot. A cyborg is showing considerable straining (like he has to take a crap), from simply lifting a person up to send it's fist through their chest. Looks like he's going to cry.

Stupid. What a fail. In T2, the Terminator didn't even bat an eye when he got hit with the pool cue or when he picked up the bikers and sent them flying. Or even when he got the cigar in his chest.
Stupid. What a fail.
the terminator in T1 had nerves throughout his flesh, going inside holes in the metal skull, placed exactly where an actual human skull has holes for nerves, specifically designed by Cameron and Winston, both knowing physyology enough to keep that in mind. as an infiltrator, he had a set of emotions connected to his actions/movements not to look stupid. T2 had to be learned by JC not to look stupid.
even a doll head in T1, when the eye was cut out, had its flesh twitching, cause live nerves of a cybernetic organism did feel pain.
if you didn't know anything of that, you still have much to explore about terminators.

DiFabio, you're now more clever even than Winston, not only Cameron.

Then why does the Terminator flinch when it fires the .45 long slide. Or looks surprised and scared when Reese is jumping around at Tech Noir. :lol

T1 Terminator has more feelings than T2 Terminator. I bet if it had a face, it would have cried when it got crushed by the hydraulic press. :lol a far cry from the unflinching badass that slowly gets lowered into hot, molten steel without batting an eye.

Then why does the Terminator flinch when it fires the .45 long slide. Or looks surprised and scared when Reese is jumping around at Tech Noir. :lol

T1 Terminator has more feelings than T2 Terminator. I bet if it had a face, it would have cried when it got crushed by the hydraulic press. :lol a far cry from the unflinching badass that slowly gets lowered into hot, molten steel without batting an eye.

Blasphemy.
Burn this guy at the stake!

because, as i mentioned, terminator has live nerves in its flesh and uses them. T1 measures pulse, T2 feels Sarah's wounds while sewing her wounds. T1 has pissed, shocked or disgusted faces. T2 - after his chip was restarted - makes tired, worried, smiling faces. shock twitches must be a part of mimicry program. remember the one eye doll whose flesh definitely doesn't like the post-cut feelings!

that's easily explained by mentioned nerves channels in his skull, similar to actual nerves channels on a human skull. a terminator doesn't have wires in his flesh, but he has to articulate words, mimic different faces to be an infiltrator. so actual nerves must be used - and that is proved by nerve channels in the skull, by emotions on both T1/T2 faces, by moving flesh on a doll that played a cut-out eye.

BTW T2 behaviour could be explained by said above. T1 is definitely not in "read" mode from the beginning. he learns as easy as T2 begins only after a chip reset, he has fake emotions from the beginning. being programmed by Skynet, he could have Skynet's attitude towards humans from the beginning as well: something like despice that made skynet "decide human fate in a microsecond".
T2 could be just blank, with no pre-written attitude. that could easily explain no special efforts for killing: where T1 kills just because he can, T2 goes away. remember "mom's cabin" - T1/T-1000 kill the parent, T2 drives away. T1 kills for a knife threat and attack, T2 lets everybody go for a multiple weapons threat and attack.

yeah that explanation works for me. in this way T2 and T1 just aren't the same from the beginning (while T-1000 definitely is, getting the same "base profile" from Skynet).
BUT the same explanation would explain T3, who was not "blank" anymore, just rewritten over basic skynet severity: he wasn't as soft as T2 for sure ))
"- are you here to kill me? - hmmmm... not yet." :rotfl
T1 Terminator has more feelings than T2 Terminator.
T1 had more programmed emotions than T2 from the beginning. plus he had to take many of them from murdered victims. T2, as i mentioned, after a chip reset learned to have mimics, too. people around him could worry, smile or feel tired or sad, those are the faces of terminator in the second part of the movie. i hope i don't have to put screenshots for every face, as you have the movie, too. i can only find a pic of skull holes compared to human skull, if you need it, but i'll need some (big) time to find it in some old thread, as i posted it when DX13 wasn't even selling as i recall.

now i have to go to sleep, as it all definitely tries to turn into this ))

656a8f78f7fc.png

Last edited:

The T1 vs. T2 argument again. It seems to happen in the T1 figure threads.

You guys argue, I'll enjoy both films.

Well, since the debate continued I just can't resist...

These things you T1ers keep picking on T2 for - the not killing - when you analyse it in T1 it just wouldn't seem to make sense. He's unnecessarily leaving a trail of bodies (who aren't Sarah Connors) that could (but doesn't happen to) lead to police intervention and therefore ****ing with his mission. After the first highway chase where he crashes and retreats he was worried about dealing with the police in his condition at the time - so why isn't he worried about having to deal with them unnecessarily during the rest of the film? If Kyle Reese can do damage to him, so too can the police. There's plenty of things that you could take T1 apart for in much the same way as you guys do to T2. :dunno I'm not asking you to actually do that I hasten to add. I'm merely saying ease up on your slaggings of T2. T1 isn't invulnerable to this kind of nitpicking itself.

My only problem with T2's lack of killing is that the John Connor of the future should have programmed him not to kill random people, rather than leaving it to his younger self. That's the only thing that doesn't make sense for me there. Otherwise its just happenstance. T2 didn't kill anyone for the same reason T1 didn't kill the guy he kicked out of the phonebox or the black guy he walked past in the corridor of the apartments. I'm pretty sure T1 didn't kill all the punks either, unless 'a shove' is to be considered a fatal blow. Last we saw the guy he took the clothes off in that film was still alive. Its easily rationalised within the movie universe. Who cares that in real life Cameron didn't want his hero killing anyone? That was the villain's job and the villain does kill people in pretty graphic ways (so you can't really call it 'watered down' kiddy crap on that score). Meanwhile the T-800 was (you chaps like to forget) about to kill the jocks before John stopped him so....(and you can't even slag off John's ability to push T-800's arm anymore if you subscribe to https://www.jamescamerononline.com/SuperTerminators.htm)

As for the T-800 being 'kind' and learning humanity and so on....y'know, if the film had actually ended with T-800 saying he was afraid before jumping into the molten steel I would wholly agree with you guys - stupid. Thankfully it didn't end that way. ''I know now why you cry, but its something I can never do'' - T-800 still does not feel emotion, nor would he were he to go on. Sarah's closing line 'if a machine, a Terminator can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too', though a bit cheesy, is just her human spin on what has taken place. The T-800 learned under what circumstances humans feel particular emotions, it learned how to behave in a way that elicits particular responses in humans (''GO! NOW!'', the thumbs up) it did not learn how to actually feel those emotions. It would still have no problem with killing a human except that it knows humans consider it 'wrong'. I see nothing in the film which contradicts this idea, I daresay its fact.

Last edited:
Back