1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectib

That same picture needs to be posted at least 50 more times. :slap

t1compare_zps3fixed11.jpg

Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectib

The point is that all of these "edits" are so minor that it's hard to even tell what you're changing.

I think for what Hot Toys did with the Sculpt or should I say Yulli. She hit a home run with it. I think it's perfect. Could it be tweaked a bit? Yes I do think so but they have months to tweak and fix things. I think once in hands will look much better but we got months to wait until we get him so buckle up for the long wait.

Now Ecko's just screwing around. I don't see a damn thing different in any of those pics. They all look off. I think the HT figure looks more like Arnold than Arnold does. :)

It ain't a HT thread unless there's dozens of photoshops showing how to "correct" the likeness. :lol

The 50 pics I posted was my final alteration. I moved the whole nose, jaw and mouth down a good amount

It doesn't matter how he looks once he starts being deployed 99.9% of the people here will be snapping him up, loving him and then complain again. :lecture

This debating over his 'accuracy' is like two bald guys fighting over a comb.

If he comes out looking like he does from the initial pics then I will be damn happy.

The point is that all of these "edits" are so minor that it's hard to even tell what you're changing.

If something is edited well, you will have to spend a moment looking at the picture as the edited area is blended well and not exaggerated. Especially when the subject doesn't require drastic editing in the first place. I explained what I edited as well so I can't imagine your comment having any other point than to be intentionally insulting and dismissive.

My makeshift photo shops were merely for laughs anyways

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1) MMS 238 T-800 (Battle Damaged Version) Figure

The gargoyles could be bigger tho

It doesn't matter how he looks once he starts being deployed 99.9% of the people here will be snapping him up, loving him and then complain again. :lecture

This debating over his 'accuracy' is like two bald guys fighting over a comb..

Well...yeah. My buying this or not isn't contingent on any changes they may or may not make but then I wouldn't have ever said otherwise. But if there's something off people do like to actually talk about that regardless. Its kind of tough titties to the people who don't like reading it frankly. :lol

But in any case, I think I'm out of the discussion again. It may well be I haven't a clue what I'd change until I actually get it in hand...by which time its obviously too late anyway :lol

I love my Arnie figs, but I would like a few supporting characters from the films to be made by HT. A Resse & 84' Connor's would be nice, maybe even Traxler & Vukovich.
Hell if Hot Toys can make numerous different Iron Man then they can push the boat out on other franchises. :exactly:

Well...yeah. My buying this or not isn't contingent on any changes they may or may not make but then I wouldn't have ever said otherwise. But if there's something off people do like to actually talk about that regardless. Its kind of tough titties to the people who don't like reading it frankly. :lol

But in any case, I think I'm out of the discussion again. It may well be I haven't a clue what I'd change until I actually get it in hand...by which time its obviously too late anyway :lol

I am sure one fine day you will head home from that Irish pub, a few beers too many down and just when you would be in that 10 min dump sleep, you will wake up with an eureka! ... And you will kno, they probably missed a nose hair.. and thats what is wrong... ;)
I love how you catch what most here miss so am waiting for that eureka moment. In the mean time i need to ban all alerts and search engines so i dont buy any more,,,

Oh I love the debating and the 'it should look this' arguments as well a-dev, it gives us something to talk about and have a lively debate over. I was sort of being 'daddy' like and telling the kids to give it a rest as he is getting bought anyways. Also this figure has been a long time coming and to me HT has already done a wonderful job on him and any improvements will be a plus.

Let the debates continue as it is what this board is for. :yess:

If something is edited well, you will have to spend a moment looking at the picture as the edited area is blended well and not exaggerated. Especially when the subject doesn't require drastic editing in the first place. I explained what I edited as well so I can't imagine your comment having any other point than to be intentionally insulting and dismissive.

The fact that you have to explain or point out exactly what it is that you're "editing" defeats the purpose wouldn't you think? :lol

No one cares if you spend 5 hours editing a picture so that the glasses are .07863 of a micrometer more accurate than before. :dunno

Mr. EcKo, I don't think there is that much modification to do. For instance, the bridge on the sunglasses makes the nose looks tiny. Then, the lighting can be tricky sometimes and can easily kill a HS...

Anyway, here is my take since we all love playing this game right now. :lol

21enlvb.jpg

The fact that you have to explain or point out exactly what it is that you're "editing" defeats the purpose wouldn't you think? :lol

No one cares if you spend 5 hours editing a picture so that the glasses are .07863 of a micrometer more accurate than before. :dunno

Actually no, since as a part of my career I work with graphic designers all day, I spend a lot of that time looking at subtle differences. A designer will show me how they moved a logo slightly to be in line with a part of the artwork, lightened a shadow in someone's eye, moved a facial feature slightly, altered the skin tone, etc. Subtlety makes a difference. I look and compare and sometimes ask what exactly they did, but at no time would I be so ignorant to say, "Why do you keep showing me the same picture?" especially when they've also explained it to me. If I said something like that, it would be because I decided to be an ignorant a--hole for whatever reason.

Thanks anyway for the needless antagonizing though.

Décembre is too far away.

Back