1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1) MMS 238 T-800 (Battle Damaged Version) Figure

Me want John Matrix! As the exclusive they could include the weapons from the tool shed scene :yess:
tumblr_m9ewkvD1d01qdezf9o1_500.gif

HT improved the DX10 from the prototype and they blew the DX13 prototype away upon release. I have confidence they will improve upon this figure.

Even if they don't, I'm satisfied for the most part with what I see. This is another Terminator figure that can be crossed off of my wish list.

Exactly right brother :)

Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectib

I do think the MMS136 is a better likeness, particularly after Difab's comparison pics. I like the slightly angrier expression, though as someone said, the MMS sculpts may go a bit too far in that direction. But, I'm not to distressed about any of the issues brought up so far. Sculptors are human beings, and we aren't often going to get a pitch-perfect, 100% accurate sculpt. I do think my Commando modified MMS sculpt may work pretty well as an alternative to the eye damage only sculpt here, though. . .small size and all.

Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectib

By the way, I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but Yulli sculpted this one. I think she did the 136. Anyone know for sure if she handled previous Arnold sculpts?

By the way, I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but Yulli sculpted this one. I think she did the 136. Anyone know for sure if she handled previous Arnold sculpts?

I think she has done them all so far...

I think in the end once we get this guy in I know Hot Toys will come through for us Arnold/Terminator Fans. It'll be amazing and Yulli is definitely one talented sculptor. On all of her sculpts they always look fantastic.

In the end we tend to accept what we get from Hot Toys as our Arnie sculpts. If this were Ledger Joker people would be scrambling for some custom because this one isn't total perfection. Having said that if there was some superior custom sculpt for any given Arnie I'd be after it too. There isn't any for whatever reason. Ledger Joker I guess is the most special performance and character ever put to screen ever or something and requires 100% of the attention of 100% of the capable customisers out there.

Though even if you did get a perfect custom Arnie sculpt you'd never get a paintjob as good as a HT one.

Last edited:

The head sculpts look near perfect to me, the police station head more so than the battle damaged one. Hot Toys don't always take the best photo's to show off their product either.

Something I don't know if it's been addressed but why is Arnie shirtless in the movie poster ?

Cuz he's a badass

The head sculpts look near perfect to me, the police station head more so than the battle damaged one. Hot Toys don't always take the best photo's to show off their product either.

Yeah I don't think these were HT's best ever proto shots. To start with the strange pose on the Tanker truck version and then the PS poses left a lot to be desired aswell.

Probably my favourite HT proto shots have been some of the pics for Robocop and ED-209

I guess this is old Pizza face re-done by HT

412Z7XWSDQL.jpg

Kyle Reese came next from HT, way back when. Here's hoping they make a Reese. :pray:

Attachments

• 412Z7XWSDQL.jpg
    412Z7XWSDQL.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 348

According to the MMS numbers Reese came first. The very first MMS figure. Before the dark times. Before Iron Man.

I actually like that police station hs. If i buy only 1, which is an understatement as i already bought 1 and may have to resist more... I would display police station one. Thats why my complain with the t shirt. Can't ht just throw in one more t shirt?... Grrrrr... The other bd head means nothing to me as there are so many bds now of dx13 on shelf its getting to be a ketchup factory...

In the end we tend to accept what we get from Hot Toys as our Arnie sculpts. If this were Ledger Joker people would be scrambling for some custom because this one isn't total perfection. Having said that if there was some superior custom sculpt for any given Arnie I'd be after it too. There isn't any for whatever reason. Ledger Joker I guess is the most special performance and character ever put to screen ever or something and requires 100% of the attention of 100% of the capable customisers out there.

Though even if you did get a perfect custom Arnie sculpt you'd never get a paintjob as good as a HT one.
There are guys you could commission to do HT or better paintwork, but you'll pay through the nose and possibly have to wait 6 months+ for them. If you were really serious about it, someone like bbkill could probably be commissioned to do a custom sculpt. But I think most here are satisfied sufficiently with the stock heads that they wouldn't bother tacking more money than the actual figure costs to get a new sculpt, and then go through the hassle of getting it repainted. That's where the Joker nuts differ from most Terminator nuts, I reckon.

A Kyle Reese in a trench coat and shotgun would go nicely with this. If we want to get real crazy how about an over zealous cop that pops out from behind a desk unloading on Arnie before getting a few shotgun shells to the face.

Add me to list who loves the PS head sculpt and I'm sure before he is released the TT head sculpt will be up to par.

I got to thinking today that it is obvious that HT just threw the heads onto a TTM-20 so that they could display their PS photos correctly as they would not be able to achieve those poses with the old MMS136 body. So I'm now confident that the new T1 Arnold body will have the double jointed elbows.

Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Colle...

I hope so. Somebody did state that it doesn't say a newly developed body in the description, but that doesn't mean it won't come with one.

I guess a T1 body with DX10 arms isn't really new, just combined so I'm hopful

Last edited:

I hope so. Somebody did state that it doesn't say a newly developed body in the description, but that doesn't mean it won't come with one.

I guess a T1 body with DX10 arms is really new, just combined so I'm hopful

Yeah that would be a new body. Poor a-dev he would probably buy a bunch of those new bodies to update his Tech Noir figures. :lol

Back