1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's actually a heavily customised MMS33 that I bought years ago from another member here so unfortunately the stock figure, although cool, never looked quite like this.

The flames are surprisingly effective I have to say. I never thought translucent bits of plastic could do a decent enough job of looking like fire. I've also got random bits of junk ''wreckage'' in there from Star Wars toys and plastic twisted metal from some ancient X-men figure. The flames help to conceal how toyish these pieces actually look.

Daylight shots look better

And here's the equivalent scene from T2.

I'd love to be able to do something similar there, somehow bring the Liquid Nitrogen mist of the backdrop into the fore. Dyed blue cotton wool or something but I'm not sure how that'd look.

The presentation isn't ideal. These really should be in a detolf but to date I haven't invested in the proper display of my stuff. I'm using an overturned perspex newspaper stand with its shelves taken out to display these behind. Also the visible paper clips and so on don't look great.

beautiful!
i'm glad i followed your advice and purchased yellow flames :)
have to decide now what to do with red ones.
and what's with that T-1000? is he just painted white?

Thanks P.

The T-1000 is an Elvis1976 custom. It's not just paint -

He was going to do a shattered limbs version but I preferred the idea of the T-1000 struggling to lift his feet off the ground before he starts to break apart.

And yeah I too have a bunch of red flames that I guess I won't be using. The yellow ones just flat out look better and also the smaller pieces you get in the yellow set are nicer.

Very nice work indeed. It's not only the flames that sell it, that backdrop does a hell of a lot to finish the piece. You gotta do something about those paper clips though. :)

So Hot Toys finally goes back to the Terminator Endo and does it right by chroming it this time, but from Genisys... Seriously?!
It's actually a heavily customised MMS33 that I bought years ago from another member here so unfortunately the stock figure, although cool, never looked quite like this.

The flames are surprisingly effective I have to say. I never thought translucent bits of plastic could do a decent enough job of looking like fire. I've also got random bits of junk ''wreckage'' in there from Star Wars toys and plastic twisted metal from some ancient X-men figure. The flames help to conceal how toyish these pieces actually look.

Incredible a-dev! :clap Where did you get the flames? Do yourself a favor and invest in some detolfs.

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

Oohhhh lawwwdy. I never thought they would make this and years ago I vowed that if they ever made this that it would be the only T-800 1/6 figure i would ever buy. Curse you Hot Toys!!! :panic:

So I realized how I made this post since almost 2 years ago, but it's only now that I actually decided to buy this guy. Truly love this version of the T-800, I just have a huge bias for the first Terminator film and I finally decided to get a figure of the very character that got me into the 1/6 hobby in the first place. Though I barely paid attention to this thread, I did notice how people have been modding their figures. That said, what exactly can I expect when I get this figure in-hand?

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

Awesome customs dev :rock

Thanks man.

So I realized how I made this post since almost 2 years ago, but it's only now that I actually decided to buy this guy. Truly love this version of the T-800, I just have a huge bias for the first Terminator film and I finally decided to get a figure of the very character that got me into the 1/6 hobby in the first place. Though I barely paid attention to this thread, I did notice how people have been modding their figures. That said, what exactly can I expect when I get this figure in-hand?

Well, as they increased the size of the headsculpts yet again they didn't correspondingly increase the size of the body and so you're going to have a figure that seems to be built like an average man rather than a Mr Universe body-builder.

I stuffed cotton wool down the neck to make it thicker, I switched the upper torso muscle-sheath with the one from MMS117 or 136 (though you'd be lucky to have spares of that body or find them on ebay for any sort of good price at this point) and I also padded him at the waist underneath the clothes. And I gave mine the boots from MMS136 because I think the stock boots, although a superior sculpt, just look too tiny in combination with these massive heads.

Well, as they increased the size of the headsculpts yet again they didn't correspondingly increase the size of the body and so you're going to have a figure that seems to be built like an average man rather than a Mr Universe body-builder.

I stuffed cotton wool down the neck to make it thicker, I switched the upper torso muscle-sheath with the one from MMS117 or 136 (though you'd be lucky to have spares of that body or find them on ebay for any sort of good price at this point) and I also padded him at the waist underneath the clothes. And I gave mine the boots from MMS136 because I think the stock boots, although a superior sculpt, just look too tiny in combination with these massive heads.

Oh wow, thanks for this! I didn't know about the size increase of the headsculpts and thought the issue was more to do with the bodies so I appreciate the info. I'll do some digging in this thread just to see how I can buff up some spots on the figure then.

Also just want to say, your Terminator customs and diorama displays are absolutely amazing! :clap

Trying to piece together a second body to use the damaged head sculpt. Can anyone recommend a good alternative pair of biker boots and trousers?

I didn't know about the size increase of the headsculpts and thought the issue was more to do with the bodies so I appreciate the info. I'll do some digging in this thread just to see how I can buff up some spots on the figure then.
>>>>>
They dont SEEM too big, they are actually bigger. But still use the same body.
The Neck mod does make it better but its still wrong. On the dx13 too.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Trying to piece together a second body to use the damaged head sculpt. Can anyone recommend a good alternative pair of biker boots and trousers?
unfortunately i don't think so. the body's, erm, butt is too big for any standart pants. MMS136 (older figure) pants color is way too inaccurate (bright yellow), boots have an inaccurate sculpt - and they are both more expensive than MMS238.
and somebody had bought all cheap MMS238 pants and boots :dunno

Last edited:
I used a pair of pants from 21st century toys.
I used RIT taupe and they turned out the same as the 238s.
The pockets are off, good to use for a ripped damaged pair.
I will post comparison pics when I get home.
Screenshot_2016-04-05-11-46-53.jpg

Toy Anxiety have restocked this figure many times but good luck seeing the pants and boots. They don't exist. I know that now.

Thanks man.

Sure the headsculpts are bigger, but built like an average man????

The body for this figure is not as thick as it should be (as it uses the T2 terminator body), but it is far from average man.
The figure is pretty good right out of the box. I find that the headsize vs body proportions is most noticeable when stood beside other Terminator figures. IF you don't have any other figures, you might not feel the need to mod it at all. With the collar up, you don't even necessarily need to thicken the neck...

PS. Your frozen T-1000 looks spectacular! Congrats on that work!

Back