1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That guy on the phone is REALLY tall.

Arnold is like 6 Feet 4 Inches, and that is without those Harness Boots he had on.

It's a bit much on the over-acting, but I think the whole point of that scene is to emphasize how strong The Terminator was in relation to a regular, albiet taller, human.

Ahnuld is 6' - he's not that tall

Maybe the big beardy guy was an early exponent of the skateboarding craze sweeping southern California at the time and out of shot he is standing on his board all casual then Arnie comes along & 'Wham' & he rolls away.

giphy.gif

:lol

On a side note. After The T-800 hands it to him, the guy kind of sounds stoned, maybe this would explain his lack of fight. :dunno

Nah apparently Arnie is 6'1 at most.

He's always been listed as 6'2", but he could be as short as 6 feet even.

An old American football player, Mark Schlereth, years ago recalled how he was at an event with Arnie in the early '90s, celebrating Washington's Super Bowl win.

Schlereth was eager to meet Arnie, but he kept ducking him. Apparently, Arnie hated standing next to guys who were bigger than him in person - Schlereth was 6-3 and about 290 pounds. Of Schlereth, Arnie said, "He's a monstah!" :lol

Danny Devito is 4'11 I believe. He comes to about Arnold's shoulder/lower neck.

I'd say Arnold is about 5'11, 6'0 give or take. Which, last time I checked, isn't exactly short. I can see why some people would think he's this huge, imposing presence, but you'd be surprised at the differences between what you see on screen vs. what you see in reality. Many shots of Arnold are taken from a lower perspective, then we get glimpses of the "telephone guy" that break that illusion showing he's a normal sized guy (save for the muscles).

Stallone and Tom Cruise are the worst when it comes to this. They clearly have Napoleon syndrome.

Sure James Cameron is about as tall as Arnie to go by some pics.

But it was his face that Cameron hired Arnie for as much as anything else, the brow, the jaw etc etc.

There seems to be some pretty obvious perspective issues in the shot with the phone hillbilly. Just look at how Arnold's head changes size in the gif. Funny to hear about his meeting with Schlereth, though. Maybe that's why he was in multiple movies with Danny Devito.

And the voice of course. Cameron said that he believes if machines could talk they would have a heavy Austrian accent.

:D
(someone here will believe that)

Now a days I think all killer robots will sound like Siri

"Siri do you have a dead cat in there?"

"**** you *******"

"I paid a thousand bucks for this????"

Y'know, I'm kinda going off the boots on this figure. Yes they are a superior sculpt to the MMS136 ones....but they're so very small. And they make him shorter than all our other T-800s. Added to that the instability they bring to the figure because of their more flexible plastic.....I was going to replace all my 136 boots with these but I don't think I'll bother now.

Does he have long or shore ankle pegs? I put long ones on Technoir.

I have this coming, is the sculpt as soft as it looks in the pictures or does it look better in hand?

Back