1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm only bothered about the blood and the holes for my Eye Surgery figure. I decided to use the new vest for him anyway, figuring that the better tailoring and the pattern was worth it in spite of the blood and the holes. But if I can mostly get rid of the blood, better still.

Reversing the vest isn't perfect for the purposes of an Eye Surgery figure for another reason actually - although the collar isn't a problem the vest is shorter on the front than on the back - so when you turn the front of the vest into the back it rides a little high. But since I would never display the figure from behind it's not a major issue.

That sounds like it would be an improvement for many here, if it made the shirt appear longer. I would like to do the "I'll be back" look, so how the backside of the shirt looks doesn't matter for me.

Seems stupid that they just didn't throw in another damn shirt.

They lazy.

Someone pointed this out before, but probably the most iconic moment in the film is when he says "I'll be back," so that is lame. I guess they figured the shirt wouldn't be enough without doing the jacket as well, but many of us would have been satisfied with that. A few holes in the back of a jacket you won't hardly see would be easy to ignore though, while a huge chest wound is not.

Must admit after buffing up my Police Shootout figure and taking some of those ''I'll be back'' inspired photos I have been toying with the idea of eventually, if it were possible to get that vest clean, setting up that variant aswell. But the extra expense for just a museum pose T-800...I dunno.

Seems stupid that they just didn't throw in another damn shirt.

They lazy.

It's one of my complaints which survived the 'in-hand' excitement. That along with the body being too small for the new larger heads. Or the new heads being too big, whichever way you want to go.

Curious if HT is reinventing the DX line. This release is a PER and clean jacket and shirt away from a DX and Han Solo “should” have been a DX?

Why should Han Solo be a DX? Seems like a standard figure to me, nothing more than Hot Toys' standard Marvel figure like say Hawkeye or Star Lord.

As for this Terminator, I bet it was close to being one like the Reeve Superman. That base and the heads were sure signs.

I'm glad they decided on a regular release for Han. The PERS system just too often distorts the sculpt. Hopefully now he gets some tweaks and they get it a little closer to Ford.

I don't even think Hot Toys knows what line is what any more. Think about it, they have like a million sub-lines now.

- Diecast
- Power Pose
- Video Games
- Diorama
- DX
- Quarter Scale
- MMS Compact Series

They're all over the place. Look at DX 14 Mime Joker. Other than the eyes, it's basically a regular MMS figure. It had an MMS price, an MMS base, etc. Then look at this Terminator. DX base, DX looking heads, DX "value", etc. It's just two moveable eye balls away from being DX, (which wouldn't even be PERS technically).

Then we have anomalies like the Batman Armory sets which are MMS but have PERS, or Value 2-packs like Stealth Shield Cap which could easily constitute as a DX set. Hot Toys is all over the place. There's a ton of cross pollination going on in what "series gimmick" belongs to what. Look at some of these new Iron Man figures, they should ideally be "Power Poses" with their limited articulation, but Hot Toys slaps on the MMS designation and "exclusive" sticker and you got yourself MMS 2**.

I think the hold up with their DX line is pretty much Batman Returns. I'm sure they've been in development for years. They probably planned to follow up with Batman right after Mime Joker, but those whirlwind of Superhero movies and licenses distracted them. I'm sure some figures like this Terminator were planned for a DX release, but they said "**** it" and rushed them as a regular MMS figure just to get to something else (probably debated whether it was worth the energy and $$$ to source ONE moving eye ball for each head with a figure that wears sunglasses). That's also why I think we're seeing a ton of reuse like "newly painted head!" with these redos. They gotta penny pinch for these newer licenses that require brand new development.

Two reason (although they might not be strong reasons): 1) Follow up to HT DX Luke 2) It has been some time since we have seen a DX. I think even BD Robocop would have been a DX!!!
But Luke warranted a DX because of the two totally different looks. Maybe an Empire Han could warrant a DX, because he could have the blue jacket look and the hoth winter gear. . .damn would I love to see HT tackle that parka outfit.

I'm glad they decided on a regular release for Han. The PERS system just too often distorts the sculpt. Hopefully now he gets some tweaks and they get it a little closer to Ford.
I'm with you here.

Pity we don't get channel 5 here in Ireland. UPC and sky don't broadcast it because I think channel 5 don't have the licensing rights to broadcast.

Last edited:
I just the newest bluray release of Terminator and I thought it was great. Picture seemed much clearer than the previous bluray release before.
I actually got the dvd too, as on that I can get screengrabs. I'm planning out the composition to create a Terminator artwork and the dvd is good for screengrabs and playing around with the layout in Photoshop, but boy is there a difference in image quality! :)

Hey Jockey,

If you get any high res. detolf backdrop type material, would you mind sharing? I would like a T1 backdrop, but had trouble finding anything usable in the past.

Sit the kids down in front of that telly. Any giggling at puppet effects punishable by smack about the head.

I felt like smacking my kid when I showed him the movie a few weeks ago! With his little "fuuuuu-aaaaaake!!" Remarks.:pfft:

Sit the kids down in front of that telly. Any giggling at puppet effects punishable by smack about the head.

I don't believe in corporal punishment. If your kid acts up, tell him he isn't actually yours. Some alley-dwelling wino gave him to you in exchange for a bottle of Thunderbird. :)

Back