1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'' You know your weapons buddy ''

DSCF2874_zpsdc86ba05.jpg

DSCF2875_zpsef1e5e82.jpg

DSCF2876_zpsa44b0c99.jpg

DSCF2877_zpsaf3dbfa6.jpg

DSCF2878_zps0f421158.jpg

DSCF2879_zps7f20691b.jpg

DSCF2882_zps2e827e69.jpg

DSCF2884_zps134e47c3.jpg

We really have gotten a great arsenal of guns out of the Hot Toys Terminator lines. Their only omission has been the T2 Teargas Launcher. I think they thought of everything else.

We really have gotten a great arsenal of guns out of the Hot Toys Terminator lines. Their only omission has been the T2 Teargas Launcher. I think they thought of everything else.

Agreed, there are wiki pages all about guns used in movies, just type in Google - Terminator guns, Predator guns etc. Very useful reference tool.
I never really understood why The Terminator needed such a big arsenal of weapons in T1 though, we saw early on how he dealt with the punks pretty effectively with no weapons & no clothes :lol
He could of just found the various Sarah Connor's and broke their necks or tear out their hearts, Mola Ram style.
images

:dunno

No pics at the moment but rubbing alcohol, the same stuff we used to reduce the blood paint on the DX13, does seem to have removed the blood on the vest. Except in the most focussed areas, where the red is gone but it looks a little darker than the surrounds.

Just as a last minute thing last night I dabbed the alcohol on with an ear bud - I'm not sure if that was the wisest way to do it. When you rub the vest in any harsh way it disturbs the little micro-fibres and makes that area look a tad rough. I was just a bit worried that soaking the whole vest would shrink it.....its already a little too small....

I always wondered why Reese didn't focus on trying to shoot the Terminator in the face early into the film...
That would have exposed the T-800 and he wouldn't have been able to get around without others noticing he's a monster of some sort..
I know it would make for a crappier movie hahaha, just an observation

Had to go for the larger target I suppose, the body. Couldn't risk missing his head and letting the T-800 get off a shot because chances are the T-800 would be more accurate. I'd say that would have been his thinking. Of course as the villain of the movie his marksmanship was required to be crap but Reese didn't know that :lol

Thanks for the input regarding the removal of those stains a-dev. I was thinking I might just try some stain remover spray, and see if that has any effect.

Zout® Stain Remover

But it would require more wear on the shirt than even the simple alcohol swabbing you were talking about, so now I'm not so sure.

Thanks for the input regarding the removal of those stains a-dev. I was thinking I might just try some stain remover spray, and see if that has any effect.

Zout® Stain Remover

But it would require more wear on the shirt than even the simple alcohol swabbing you were talking about, so now I'm not so sure.

Ah. I haven't done a full job on it. I just tested it on the lower 2 stain patches of the back of the vest. I might aswell finish it tonight and see what it looks like overall. I think the red will be gone but it won't quite be the case of looking like the blood was never there. Might look dirty, the specific areas will look fluffier.

I wonder. It's all for nothing if it messes with that pattern on the vest though. Otherwise might aswell just go back to using DX10 t-shirts.

Well that's why I would only try a quick dye job, so that the underlying pattern wouldn't be obscured. But it would probably be less visible after only that. Then it's a tradeoff between having some discolorations and not being able to see the pattern as well. Hopefully this will get parted out soon so folks can attempt some experimentations.

Back