1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's appropriate if you have no menu screen, etc., and just let the movie speak for itself. T2 is really defined as much by the hype and spectacle as the movie itself. So, tying into that you have the toy line, the videogames, the Universal Studios movie, the product placement, etc. Being an audience pleasing family film as it was, that makes sense. So, I would expect a really fancy DVD with lots of extras for a T2. That's what T2 fans really want. And trust me, I get it. My sister was into stuff like New Kids on the Block, and it was basically the same thing.

4f2d2b8a08e18ea3440735d7aba09b28bc13104f_m.gif

Last edited:
No, you get $23 total

Oh, OK, its like $20 = 1 rp, right? Been so long. So you're getting double points WITH the offer.

I think I'll save that much when its released by going thru a retailer. I also get the CA tax, which will just eat those points away. I'm better off going elsewhere unfortunately. Unless they give me the $20 off coupon PLUS the extra reward points.

If I were to get one Terminator fig would this be it? How did people like the non-battle damaged version? Is it too late to get that one for a decent price?

Oh, OK, its like $20 = 1 rp, right? Been so long. So you're getting double points WITH the offer.

I think I'll save that much when its released by going thru a retailer. I also get the CA tax, which will just eat those points away. I'm better off going elsewhere unfortunately. Unless they give me the $20 off coupon PLUS the extra reward points.
Well I've just pre ordered this to get the double points and I also used the $20 coupon, so I donw know if they will cancel the order or not, but it was accepted as $209.99

For some reason this figure is around $300 for the Australian retailer I go through so even with free shipping, this is cheaper to purchase through the US from SS.

If I were to get one Terminator fig would this be it? How did people like the non-battle damaged version? Is it too late to get that one for a decent price?

Good Question,. My first Terminator was Tech Noir. Why? Because he was being released around the same time I started collecting HT's. It was not the “iconic” Terminator (I had T2 in mind) but it was a HT Terminator figure never the less. Today I own three (DX10, DX13 and Tech Noir). All three are great. Im on the fence with the new BD T1 being released in a few months. Not because I don’t want him (I do) but because I have three and I can used that $230 on another unique license (unmasked Robocop or Ripley).

So to answer your question wait for the new BD T-800. It should be the cheapest of all the T-800’s

if u were to buy one terminator figure from T2 - i guess it shld be DX13 and if you were to buy 1 from T1 my reco wld be tech noir. I am waiting that some day they do tech noir again... my second preference is police shoot out and then other looks from t2.
so bottom line what movie you like more based on that DX13 or Tech Noir.

I recently got a Tech Noir figure and it is superb. This is the first Hot Toys figure I've bought few a few years (I used to own all the Aliens marines, Ripley and the Ripley/PL set). I'm blown away by the difference in the quality of the sculpt, the clothing is terrific and the figure is heavier and seems more sturdy than the figures I used to have. I now have the MMS 238 Terminator on flex-pay and the DX10 and DX13 coming soon. Really looking forward to it.
I intended to get two figures each from Terminator and Terminator 2 so I can collect how he is at the beginning of each movie and the end after all the damage etc. But then I went and got a spare DX13 body too....I guess now I'm hooked....

Do you think they will ever make a new tech noir? I'm still debating whether or not to use the coupon on the MMS238 BD with the extra rewards... if they will make a new tech noir, then I can see myself pairing this one and that together...

Unlikely he'll get re-released. If I had to pick one Terminator figure to own, it would also be Tech Noir. Great figure all the way around--great outfit, great likeness, quality. I think the likenesses are better than with this new guy.

Thanks for all the advice. I think I realize I do want the tech noir figure now, but looks like it goes for easily twice the retail amount on ebay now. I forget when it was originally released. This one does have awesome battle damage, but I prefer the look/outfit of the tech noir.

Back