Hot Toys The Spirit Silken floss spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Spiret Silken floss spec and hi-res pics

Is it just me that thinks HT could've done a better sculpt had they asked Yulli, instead of the jp dude?

I was so sure that I'm gonna kop this when I got the newsletter, but changed my mind when I saw the protos.

Is it just me that thinks HT could've done a better sculpt had they asked Yulli, instead of the jp dude?

I was so sure that I'm gonna kop this when I got the newsletter, but changed my mind when I saw the protos.

Nope it isn't just you. I'm getting a Nicole Kidman vibe for some reason.....
The rooted hair also doesn't look as good as I had imagined.

The facial sculpt just doesn't have that "HTtouch to it like the bruce wayne, or harvey dent human-like face sculpt that HT is famous for. This is more like medicom-sculpts, which looks a bit cartoony.

And the hair reminds me too much of barbie, I'd happier if they went with what they've done with machiko or swann.

I'm glad that they didn't make the perfect scarlett. At least I could save a few bucks for the tumbler or the upcoming T4 line.

Nope it isn't just you. I'm getting a Nicole Kidman vibe for some reason.....
The rooted hair also doesn't look as good as I had imagined.

The facial sculpt just doesn't have that "HTtouch to it like the bruce wayne, or harvey dent human-like face sculpt that HT is famous for. This is more like medicom-sculpts, which looks a bit cartoony.

And the hair reminds me too much of barbie, I'd happier if they went with what they've done with machiko or swann.

I'm glad that they didn't make the perfect scarlett. At least I could save a few bucks for the tumbler or the upcoming T4 line.

I think you guys are freaking out a bit too early. She is very light skinned and the pictures are taken with lots of light which takes the details out of the face.

If you don't see Scarlett in this sculpt then your are not a Scarlett fan.

Nice sculpt but it seems a little off.. Must be the hair? Too barbie-ish I would of preferred Eva Mendez as well..

I think it's the hat and the glasses that are throwing it off. If you look at the pic where she is not wearing them, the sculpt seems dead on.

9TheSpirit_SilkenFloss-1.jpg

It's anice figure. It's the barbie hair that bothers me though. Hope it's of better quality than your avarege barbie doll. It never keeps the hairdo it's supposed to.

I aint a fan of aaron, but the sculpt yulli had done with harvey is spot-on.

I see scarlett in the figure, just not as fine and highly detailed like the harvey dent sculpt.
I'll see the final mass production and decide then, I guess.

I think you guys are freaking out a bit too early. She is very light skinned and the pictures are taken with lots of light which takes the details out of the face.

If you don't see Scarlett in this sculpt then your are not a Scarlett fan.

I think it's the hat and the glasses that are throwing it off. If you look at the pic where she is not wearing them, the sculpt seems dead on.

That is funny. I think its the opposite. With the hat and the glasses I think its dead on, without them her face looks too big. Its almost as if the sculptor planned for her always to be displayed with the larger hat and glasses so compensated the size of the features so they wouldn't be lost.

I recognized the sculpt as Scarlett immediately and I think the hair is well done. I'm still not sure if I prefer sculpted or rooted yet though.

I think they nailed it. Trade mark lips, eyes and nose.

That is funny. I think its the opposite. With the hat and the glasses I think its dead on, without them her face looks too big. Its almost as if the sculptor planned for her always to be displayed with the larger hat and glasses so compensated the size of the features so they wouldn't be lost.

I think once she has the glasses on you can't see her characteristic nose very well. Looking at that pic, I'd say the size of her face is fine.

scarlett-johansson-loreal-2008-ad.jpg

Looking at the up close, hatless pic again, I think the only reason her face looks too big might be because of her hair color almost matching her skin tone. It's hard to see at first glance, but the strand of hair curls across her forehead and into her hairline.

I think they nailed it. Trade mark lips, eyes and nose.

Yes they did.

I think once she has the glasses on you can't see her characteristic nose very well. Looking at that pic, I'd say the size of her face is fine.

Agreed, the sculpt is excellent.

scarlett-johansson-loreal-2008-ad.jpg

Hmm, where's her mole? Perhaps that's what's throwing the likeness off for some people?

It's just the lighting. I thought her head/face (hatless w/o glasses) looked too big too. Here's a pic with the lighting reduced. Looks spot on to me.

9thespiritsilkenfloss1pm9.jpg

Also, because it's a close-up it makes the head look bigger. Here's another photo manipulation I did so you can see it from a distance:

1thespiritsilkenfloss1nx0.jpg

Again, looks right to me. I just hate how the head has some neck sculpted on it, looks wonky imo.

Last edited:

Yeah this figure looks spot on to me and definantly HT's best female figure to date.

The movie may not be great but I'm guessing these will be pretty popular.

The figure looks WAYYY better than the real one does :p imho
i didnt even know who it was until people started mentioning it.

$149 at toy2. That's a lot for a figure that only comes with 1 extra hand, a syringe and a hand gun. (and a stand, don't why manufactures still count that as an accessory.) HT prices are generally justifiable, but this is way over priced.

Back