Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can’t believe I put down $80 for this on collectorzown and didn’t realize it would get cancelled if I didn’t pay within a certain time. I assumed it was like SS where the payments wouldn’t kick in until this year. I’ll never use those places again. Lesson learned but sucks to have to start all over with this guy.

Did you talk with them? I've had things on payment plans, I've never used the actual site, just messaged the guy through Facebook messenger. I had an issue in the past too where he kept asking for payments, I thought it was a down payment thing too but they wanted some payments monthly. I paid up then as I didn't have too much left to go, but they've been nice enough that I'm surprised they'd just cancel.

Did you talk with them? I've had things on payment plans, I've never used the actual site, just messaged the guy through Facebook messenger. I had an issue in the past too where he kept asking for payments, I thought it was a down payment thing too but they wanted some payments monthly. I paid up then as I didn't have too much left to go, but they've been nice enough that I'm surprised they'd just cancel.

Oh yeah he definitely cancelled like two months after the preorder was made. I even asked him if it was nrd and explained I never used his service before so wasn’t aware. Didn’t care. I didn’t beg and he just said he was surprised to receive a message because some people just are gone due to covid. You would think he could at least let me use the credit toward another figure but oh well. I even asked why he never tried an email or something since I don’t use Facebook often. Oh well.

Oh yeah he definitely cancelled like two months after the preorder was made. I even asked him if it was nrd and explained I never used his service before so wasn?t aware. Didn?t care. I didn?t beg and he just said he was surprised to receive a message because some people just are gone due to covid. You would think he could at least let me use the credit toward another figure but oh well. I even asked why he never tried an email or something since I don?t use Facebook often. Oh well.

Sorry to hear that. Sounds very frustrating.

Only positive is that it didn?t happen with a sold out item so you can get it elsewhere.

But still a headache. Bad communication and assumptions on their part.

Hopefully this one is a little more robust than the SS version. You guys think we'll see an ROTJ version at some point? I'd prefer that.. though, I'm gonna want that smiling Grogu head lol

Oh yeah he definitely cancelled like two months after the preorder was made. I even asked him if it was nrd and explained I never used his service before so wasn?t aware. Didn?t care. I didn?t beg and he just said he was surprised to receive a message because some people just are gone due to covid. You would think he could at least let me use the credit toward another figure but oh well. I even asked why he never tried an email or something since I don?t use Facebook often. Oh well.

That's an obnoxious model. I understand places that take a deposit and then after that they have your payment method to pay off the balance.

Having to check email to keep up with period payments or you lose the money sounds like a PIA and a borderline scam.

That's an obnoxious model. I understand places that take a deposit and then after that they have your payment method to pay off the balance.

Having to check email to keep up with period payments or you lose the money sounds like a PIA and a borderline scam.

It wasn’t even email it was Facebook messenger which is a little informal for my taste. I was always apprehensive about the order anyway so I guess it’s better than spending $400 something and then who knows what could happen.

Come on. I can feel this will release soon [emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really hoping they will release this set in the proper ROTJ scheme.

They will. 2023 for 40th ROTJ anniversary at the latest. Personally I much prefer the white colour of the bike and the weathered troopers.

Same here. This was a really hard pass because of just how cool it looks. However, the ROTJ version has to be coming in the next couple of years. It?s just far more iconic.

Sideshow re-issued 1/6 C3PO a few times now. HT never made it so it could mean that SS still has the license. SS also re-issued the ROTJ Scout and Bike a while ago...

Yeah Sideshow might have the ROTJ license.
Do you think a ROTJ HT version would come
With an EWok?

They will. 2023 for 40th ROTJ anniversary at the latest. Personally I much prefer the white colour of the bike and the weathered troopers.

To be released in 2025 lol. I definitely want the original one, I really preordered this solely for the new Grogu. I wound up preordering IG-11 later on so I'll use him on the bike and have a dead trooper lol.

Yeah Sideshow might have the ROTJ license.
Do you think a ROTJ HT version would come
With an EWok?

SS definitely has the license, they just put their RotJ Vader back up for preorder, in addition to their Mythos Fett I think. I'm sure Star Wars is just the license and not each movie individually.

If/when Hot Toys does the speeder bike I can only imagine they're going to pack in a Scout Trooper with the bike.

Hot Toys have released ROTJ Luke, Leia and Wicket I can't see why a license would be split between films with different companies.
I'd rather have a dirty looking Scout Trooper this year than waiting another 2/3 years minimum for ROTJ clean version.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

STILL on the fence w Mando and IG11 coming soon.

Growing weaker...

This may be too cool to pass up. That smiley kid face and satchel bonus (which i believe was used by both IG11 and Mando) may be my breaking point. Plus Scout Trooper is my fave trooper.

Did I just convince myself to get this? 😂

I remember when ROTJ came out. I was living in Chicago at the time, and Siskel and Ebert were still local TV, I think. At any rate, on thier show they were debating the speeder bike forest seen, and both of them came to the conclusion that questioned if they are on flying bikes, why don't they just chase each other above the treeline?

I got a $25 coupon emailed from Sideshow so I finally bit the bullet on this set. I need it for the incoming IG-11. The coupon took it down to $430 and the Sideshow Speeder Bike was $330 so the means the dumpy Scout Trooper only cost me $100...Right? [emoji38]
Man I've not gotten a $25 coupon in forever, even with orders.

I figured I could hide the frumpy-ness of the trooper by posing him on the bike, or in some other pose that would disguise it better. The kid and the satchel sweetened the deal. But the thing that made me pull the trigger was the significance of the grey bike with the original kenner toy. I think it was a really cool wink. Well, that and the filth. Love the filth.

Back