Hot Toys The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was planning on skipping that Leia, but seeing that pic has convinced me otherwise. What an eye-catching figure that is.

Leia is pretty great, and come on its a great tribute to Carrie
IMG_6612.jpg

And I never understand these responses where people say "oh, you wanted lightning bolts to come out of Luke eyes, he lifts a little finger and all the ATATs collapse and he has four lightsabers twirling - you wanted Luke to be this God."

Star Wars - Dark Empire 01 - 19.jpg
Star Wars - Dark Empire 01 - 20.jpg

Dark Empire Luke is almost as iconic to me as OT Luke. I waited over half my life to see something like this on the big screen and instead I got a hobo with green titty milk slopping down his crusty beard, not unlike The Dude and his White Russian.

I'll risk saying it, it looks even better than old man Han.
Old Man Han is a great sculpt that's flawed by a strangely shaped body and too stiff a neck. While the sculpt is extremely good, the second you zoom out, it begins to lose the illusion of a little person because of those things. It's like he's always pulling his shoulders back. The snow jacket hides it a bit. Leia doesn't have that issue, and that's why I think she looks better as well.

View attachment 447624
View attachment 447625

Dark Empire Luke is almost as iconic to me as OT Luke. I waited over half my life to see something like this on the big screen and instead I got a hobo with green titty milk slopping down his crusty beard, not unlike The Dude and his White Russian.
But...you basically did get this scene, at least in spirit? It's very apparent that the Crait battle took heavy inspiration from this...

Old Man Han is a great sculpt that's flawed by a strangely shaped body and too stiff a neck. While the sculpt is extremely good, the second you zoom out, it begins to lose the illusion of a little person because of those things. It's like he's always pulling his shoulders back. The snow jacket hides it a bit. Leia doesn't have that issue, and that's why I think she looks better as well.

Agreed. That's why I always pose it with the blue coat. The leather jacket just doesn't look right.

I see what you did there.[emoji38]

Take it as you wish! :wink:

Agreed. That's why I always pose it with the blue coat. The leather jacket just doesn't look right.

If I would pick him up, that's what I'd go with as well. But I'm not overly concerned with doing so.

Alright, contribution time. Great figure, fun accessories, and superb sculpt. I wouldn't call it out as my figure of the year for last year, respectfully, but I think it is an excellent release offered by HT and should be applauded all around as one of their bests for the SW line. I did give him is green saber (my plan all along), this one being the SSC ROTJ Luke one, as I only had the opportunity to pick that one up. Remind me to NOT do that in the future. The quality is just abysmal; if I didn't know better and was told it came from a Hasbro figure I'd 100% believe you. I feel bad for those who were locked into that release.

My accessories aside, I'm incredibly pleased with the release and very happy to have added him to the collection, especially for $191 shipped. I had a more eclectic pose planned for these two, but settled into the more stoic one for now.

1a108745ae34699f0c6e5bb0d0f3de80.jpg

Awesome pic, man! Might have to add the cape to my Luke soon. Have him posed with just the jacket at the moment. I wish I could find an HT Green saber for less than half the price of a figure lol... Looks like that Rey is a good amount taller than the TFA ones. Any idea if it's just an ankle extension or new body?

Awesome pic, man! Might have to add the cape to my Luke soon. Have him posed with just the jacket at the moment. I wish I could find an HT Green saber for less than half the price of a figure lol... Looks like that Rey is a good amount taller than the TFA ones. Any idea if it's just an ankle extension or new body?
I appreciate it, guys!

Good luck on the saber. To be honest, I just want the static ignited blade, as my ROTJ Luke is using the light up arm. I'm half tempted to say you're better off buying a whole ROTJ Luke and parting it out to get one.

Rey is 100% stock. No modifications at all on the ankles. Which probably works out. Luke is behind Rey and has bent knees with a wide stance. She's 5'7" and he's 5'9" in real life so they actually scale, I believe.

Take it as you wish! :wink:

If I would pick him up, that's what I'd go with as well. But I'm not overly concerned with doing so.

Alright, contribution time. Great figure, fun accessories, and superb sculpt. I wouldn't call it out as my figure of the year for last year, respectfully, but I think it is an excellent release offered by HT and should be applauded all around as one of their bests for the SW line. I did give him is green saber (my plan all along), this one being the SSC ROTJ Luke one, as I only had the opportunity to pick that one up. Remind me to NOT do that in the future. The quality is just abysmal; if I didn't know better and was told it came from a Hasbro figure I'd 100% believe you. I feel bad for those who were locked into that release.

My accessories aside, I'm incredibly pleased with the release and very happy to have added him to the collection, especially for $191 shipped. I had a more eclectic pose planned for these two, but settled into the more stoic one for now.

1a108745ae34699f0c6e5bb0d0f3de80.jpg

Incredible setup! Love it [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone remind me, what's the significance of the necklace again?

I haven't rewatched the film since I first saw it, so a few of the details have gotten fuzzy. :lol

Edit - looked it up. So, just another briefly glimpsed artifact from his hut then (a Jedi Crusader pendant, apparently). No wonder it didn't look right hanging around his neck on this outfit to me. Back in the box you go. :lol

Someone remind me, what's the significance of the necklace again?

I haven't rewatched the film since I first saw it, so a few of the details have gotten fuzzy. :lol

Edit - looked it up. So, just another briefly glimpsed artifact from his hut then (a Jedi Crusader pendant, apparently). No wonder it didn't look right hanging around his neck on this outfit to me. Back in the box you go. :lol

It’s a necklace made using the crystal from Vader’s Saber.

Hey guys,
I'm sure this has been answered before, but I couldn't
find it, so I thought I'd ask:

Can any of you tell me how you modified The Force Awakens
Luke from the robo-hand to The Last Jedi glove? I've swapped
out Hot Toys forearms before, but try as I might, I can seem to
figure out where the Awakens Luke arm removes. Nothing seems
to want to give and it's driving me crazy, because I really want to
display him wearing the glove. Any tips would be awesome and
thanks in advance. :wink1:

Back