Hot Toys The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
045bf0f75346e755d6f79d765d6a0e05.jpg

One of the best sculpts Hot Toys has ever done IMO.

I think it's one of those cases where HT went ahead and said screw making it stylized and embraced the imperfect accents of Hamil's face. Shame they didn't do that for the Crait sculpt.

Dave, any tips for weathering like yours? What did you do? :eek:

I did an awful lot, but it was mostly just done with drybrushing and pastel. For the coat I emphasized some of the darker areas with black paint and used brown pastel on the edges and seams. The boots and belt were drybrushed with reddish brown paint, I rubbed some dark gray pastel into the tunic to darken it up, and some tan and gray into the pants. I also brushed some gloss Mod Podge onto the coat to try to give it a shinier leather look, but I'm not sure how effective that really was. And finally I rubbed a bit of model railroad dirt over the outfit to make it look a bit more dusty and worn.

His poncho I haven't actually done anything yet to, as I was kinda focused more on this look at the moment. :)

While there's definitely something more LOTR than SW in the outfit, it's such a great depiction of old Luke.

The white/grey Jedi robes look a bit frumpy on him but this one almost has a "Mythos Luke" thing going with the backpack and "many adventures" written all over it.

I haven’t noticed anyone else posting this so I’ll just ask. Anyone else do a wash and rinse of Luke’s brown half cloak? I know it won’t touch the sculpt but it does come in contact with the hands. I did a double wash and rinse on mine and got a good amount of dye out in the water. Not as much as with Anakin or ROTJ Luke but still there. Hoping it should prevent any future dye markings on his hands .

Back