Hot Toys The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me Luke's entire arc is about, how do we reconcile mythology and reality? In TFA, Luke Skywalker has become a legend, a myth. But the reality of his own journey from his perspective is steeped in impulsiveness and failure. Luke has retreated from the story because the stark reality of his own flaws (which he had throughout the OT, and which have been reinforced for him many times by his mentors) has created the impossibility of living up to that legend. Rey turning up, offering him back his father's lightsaber – that's his worst nightmare, the myth catching up with him. So of course he's going to reject it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Pretty great post here, even if I might have a minor nit with it.

Did you honestly not pick up on the repetition (er - "parallels") before though?

I mean when Disney first announced a sequel trilogy, wouldn't the first thought on Luke be to make him disillusioned and in exile (Ben beard and Yoda's hut amidst mud and nature) given that Disney wanted to get rid of the old heroes (sorry, "pass the torch",) and doing what they did just seems obvious.

Passing the torch is fine but they did it poorly because they sort of ignored what they did previously as well as put everything back where it was during the OT, meaning the Empire is replaced with the First Order. Now it's not bad that the FO came from the Empire and to an extent the OT characters failing to rebuild but It doesn't feel like it was done properly. I dunno. To each their own I guess. I know though, if Lucas had done TFA or especially TLJ that there would have been much more dislike. Something about how Disney can make medicore films or bad ones even while still getting boat loads of money from people...

The Ahch-To base that comes with TFA Luke I think would pair exceptionally well with this figure; probably even better than with TFA Luke.

The Ahch-To base that comes with TFA Luke I think would pair exceptionally well with this figure; probably even better than with TFA Luke.

I agree, I’m curious why they didn’t include the base that was previewed with TLJ Luke at the shows in the last few months.

Ordered the space tramp this morning.

Not for his appearance in TLJ, but as a depiction of the older Luke in a different timeline. (Well, he was exiled by Daala 43 years after Yavin).

I have so many versions of Luke that it seems fitting to have one of the older Hamill, and this looks like a great sculpt.

..was curious how much Mark Hamill got paid for his performance in both TFA and TLJ . He has done his part very well as Disney marketing tool to bait old fans coming to the theatre.

Is it just me or does Luke's Crait robe look like he's wearing a cheap bathrobe that has shrunk in the wash?? Wish they had put him in a prequel era robe, ROTJ cloak or something half decent!

He could have signed a contract for the 2 as to why he could not pull out after finding out the whole plot of TLJ. He’ll probably be in IX anyways. Obiwan hung around... all glowy n stuff.

I still really want to this figure because that head sculpt is amazing but after thinking it over I may wait until release at this point the movie wasn't my favorite and didn't like the way Luke's character went even with Mark Hamill's amazing performance.

Ordered the space tramp this morning.

Not for his appearance in TLJ, but as a depiction of the older Luke in a different timeline. (Well, he was exiled by Daala 43 years after Yavin).

I have so many versions of Luke that it seems fitting to have one of the older Hamill, and this looks like a great sculpt.

Mythos Luke! Will be better than the Sideshow!

Quick question for those who have seen the movie: Does Luke actually use the backpack, lightning rod, etc. that come with the deluxe version, or am I alright with the standard? Thanks!

Also, after seeing those pictures, HT had better by The Maker make Crait Luke!

Quick question for those who have seen the movie: Does Luke actually use the backpack, lightning rod, etc. that come with the deluxe version, or am I alright with the standard? Thanks!

Yes, from what I recall.

Oh, you mean the space-age breast pump?:)

:lecture

Luke never leaves home without it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just think.....

Spoiler Spoiler:

Backpack for sure. I think he has the lightning rod, but doesn't use it.

Back