Hot Toys - The Joker 1989 - Jack Nicholson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I first thought it'd be cheaper than Dragon Bruce, as it comes with less stuff, but then I realized that Joker and Bats will sell much faster than Bruce.

Most DX's come with a special base/dio. A "float" dio would be best for this. I'd hope for a backdrop of Gotham and the balloons.

If there is no dio or unique base the price better be lower than Jack Sparrow.

Other than that, i'm warming to considering buying this.

6a853733jw1dkh5uxjpnnj.jpg

HEY-SUS MAROOMBA! That'll put steam in a man's stride!

Most DX's come with a special base/dio. A "float" dio would be best for this. I'd hope for a backdrop of Gotham and the balloons.

If there is no dio or unique base the price better be lower than Jack Sparrow.

Other than that, i'm warming to considering buying this.

Not necessarily DX01 through DX03 featured these same base designs. I really like the fact that these guys are getting the traditional DX treatment, as they look consistent with the TDK DX's and should look exceptional when displayed side by side.

I really hope they aren't over 220... that's already 50 more than i would like to pay... damn you HT's, time to A La Carte some stuff so it's cheaper...

I don't want all that crap that comes with some figures... so if only we could buy the parts we wanted... i hate the price of Indy due to all the crap he comes with that would just sit in the box and waste away... and it doesn't even look like him!

This looks pretty much exactly like Jack, i see this probably being $250 like Indy due to the license cost... :(

Wouldn't it be a stinker if HT's only released Bats and Joker as a two pack and it was $500-600?

M.

How long till full specs and pics?

These look to be the official HT pics, so i reckon in the next two weeks this'll be up for order

Not necessarily DX01 through DX03 featured these same base designs. I really like the fact that these guys are getting the traditional DX treatment, as they look consistent with the TDK DX's and should look exceptional when displayed side by side.

True but DX 04/05/06/ all include a unique base or diorama, so it seems to be an ongoing trend, and if those come with a unique base and this doesn't then the price should reflect it.

Also DX07 Bespin Luke looks to have the "Bespin Antenna"

So a backdrop and Float base would be perfect for this, and mybe a piece of the batcave/batcomputer for Batman.

You pick and choose. Notice how Indy, Bruce Lee, and Jack don't have bases like these? Each release is different, and I highly doubt that the base is what determines the final cost.

You pick and choose. Notice how Indy, Bruce Lee, and Jack don't have bases like these? Each release is different, and I highly doubt that the base is what determines the final cost.

While i agree, any additional piece in the box pushes the price from slightly higher to alot, so figures with a big dio base piece can surely have some kind of impact of retail cost

Indy is DX05 and comes with a unique Backdrop and Pedestal diorama

Bruce Lee is DX04 and comes with the mirrored room diorama.

Jack is DX06 comes with the Rudder and Black Pearl woodsurface diorama.

Luke looks to be DX07 and looks to have the Antenna dio base thingamabob.

So it seems a trend, i don't know why they suddenly stop with these two Dx's.
As far as cost goes, if this was to retail at the same or more cost of those Dx's above then the obvious question is why does it cost more for less accessories (those bases being the accessory) & manufacturing costs?

I will be adding this to my collection along with the Batman and and Batmobile. How long after the pictures until the pre order and actual delivery? 2nd quarter 2012 delivery?

While i agree, any additional piece in the box pushes the price from slightly higher to alot, so figures with a big dio base piece can surely have some kind of impact of retail cost

As far as cost goes, if this was to retail at the same or more cost of those Dx's above then the obvious question is why does it cost more for less accessories (those bases being the accessory) & manufacturing costs?
BL Dx04 also comes with the dungeon diorama :wink1:

Still can't say I agree with you, ETD Bruce came with 2 backdrops and he was about $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back