Hot Toys - The Joker 1989 - Jack Nicholson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Retail @ 200USD in HK. And there will be more 89 Joker coming with diff expression and outfit.

Spec and pics should be up this afternoon, a few hours from now. :gah:

Hey OMG. Do you mean a different 89 Joker or a different sculpt for this 89 Joker?

The poses all look bloody fantastic. My only concern is the smaller jacket looks like the material they used in the original non-DX Joker...can't really tell with the buttoned up one.

Eh, I always hated the mime look. He looks like a dumbass during that scene.

Give me the mob version with a completely flesh toned face. Best look in my opinion. Maybe throw in an extra "melting" head and beret so you could swap it with this regular DX and have the museum too.

b89ofic_245.jpg

wow, another dead on sculpt for HT. Forget the new SS pf, my money is going towards this. If only HT could get Heaths likeness as dead on as this. :dance

I wasn't planning on getting this ... And now i'm here, in fact with the exception of a few i've wanted most HT's offered :(

If this is for 1st Quarter 2012 then that means by december there'll be another 5 figures at least for the 1st Qtr too :(

The good thing about this line is i'd only want Bats & Joker.

I'm trying, really trying to limit myself more, i mostly just want X-Men FC, MGS, GL and probably Avengers Cap for the 1st half of 2012, so I'm hoping there is'nt any upcoming surprises for the 1st Qtr.

I really hope they aren't over 220... that's already 50 more than i would like to pay... damn you HT's, time to A La Carte some stuff so it's cheaper...

I don't want all that crap that comes with some figures... so if only we could buy the parts we wanted... i hate the price of Indy due to all the crap he comes with that would just sit in the box and waste away... and it doesn't even look like him!

This looks pretty much exactly like Jack, i see this probably being $250 like Indy due to the license cost... :(

Wouldn't it be a stinker if HT's only released Bats and Joker as a two pack and it was $500-600?

M.

I'd expect no less than $250 a pop.

BL Dx04 also comes with the dungeon diorama :wink1:

He comes with a single base and two exchangeable cardboard backdrops (hardly a dio). I think these guys are likely gonna just have the metal stands like the TDK DX's.

Partyman Joker would be great. Two sculpts, one melty and one not. I really like Mime Joker too and am hoping they eventually make him.

Hey OMG. Do you mean a different 89 Joker or a different sculpt for this 89 Joker?

Diff version of 89 Joker. We only get one sculpt from this DX. They said since Mr. Nicholson's copyright fee is sooooo out of this world, they want to do a few more version of it. :panic: Those may or may not be a DX or as an Ani-com ex. :panic::panic::panic:

They also mention wanting to do some other characters from the 2nd movie. :nana:

He comes with a single base and two exchangeable cardboard backdrops (hardly a dio). I think these guys are likely gonna just have the metal stands like the TDK DX's.

"Movie-accurate diorama backdrops" is the term they use on the product page. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901140

I don't expect this set to have a dio either, metal stands would be the most likely though I wouldn't complain with one.

Diff version of 89 Joker. We only get one sculpt from this DX. They said since Mr. Nicholson's copyright fee is sooooo out of this world, they want to do a few more version of it. :panic: Those may or may not be a DX or as an Ani-com ex. :panic::panic::panic:

They also mention wanting to do some other characters from the 2nd movie. :nana:

Thanks OMG!!

Great news!!! Party Time Joker, Mime Joker, Mob Boss Joker, Catwoman and Penguin. The possibilities rock :yess:

Partyman Joker would be great. Two sculpts, one melty and one not. I really like Mime Joker too and am hoping they eventually make him.

I have a pretty good feeling the next Joker (assumption of course) will come with 2 sculpts and the required outfit(s) to make a second fig.

Am I a dreamer? :lol

I don't expect this set to have a dio either, metal stands would be the most likely though I wouldn't complain with one.

I'd love a dio of the "Float, but if it keeps the price down, i'd happily live without it"

Thanks OMG!!

Great news!!! Party Time Joker, Mime Joker, Mob Boss Joker, Catwoman and Penguin. The possibilities rock :yess:

Pat Hingle as Commissioner Gordon :lol

Y'know what, i'll be skipping this afterall, might as well wait for the Nicholson DX.02 :wink1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back