Hot Toys The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 1/6 Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a show about a black Captain America, it would have been absolutely absurd for them not to acknowledge racial inequality. It would have been cowardly. Acknowledging race=/=creating division :duh

Honestly, the only thing I didn't like about the show, aside from a weak, uncompelling antagonist, was John Walker using the shield to kill someone. I know Steve Rogers killed people, but it was always in self defense. The point of the scene was to show hes gone off the rails, but they could done it another way. Maybe they could have pulled him off the guy before it was too late. I just don't like the shield being a murder weapon.

I don't think he killed enough people with the shield. Killing is a hot topic too, so let's get them all in. I don't get why they didn't lock up the white guy to be honest. That's racist too.

I don't think he killed enough people with the shield. Killing is a hot topic too, so let's get them all in. I don't get why they didn't lock up the white guy to be honest. That's racist too.

Thats exactly the point of the show about isaiah, the government cover up 2 white guys crimes and punished and tortured for 30 years a black guy for committing the same crime as the first white guy(Steve Rogers in TFA). IT IS RACISM.

I didn't say burn books. You clearly ignore people using it as an excuse cause they feel inferior or that someone doesn't like them or doesn't give them a job. That stuff covers all races. I am saying for entertainment value for a wide ranging comic book movie, maybe leave that garbage out of it. Or maybe cover that China is doing that stuff right now?
The sentiment that the the topic of race is "garbage" that ought be restricted to places where people can blissfully ignore its existence in society is the fuel that keeps the engine of systemic racism churning even in the year 2021. Its the same sentiment that gets black athletes chased out of the sport for peacefully trying to bring awareness to police brutality, and peaceful demonstrators dismissed as terrorists who ought to be restricted to holding their events in some empty parking lot where they cannot be seen or heard.

This "out of sight out of mind" approach to the world by those in power - or those with the power to choose who is in power - that inevitably compels people to feel like violent extreme measures is the only option left on the table - is like literally what the show is about.

Whew, heavy stuff!

Amen, brother. Preach it. I have started to weigh in several times, but I couldn't find the right words. You just did. I couldn't agree more.

The sentiment that the the topic of race is "garbage" that ought be restricted to places where people can blissfully ignore its existence in society is the fuel that keeps the engine of systemic racism churning even in the year 2021. Its the same sentiment that gets black athletes chased out of the sport for peacefully trying to bring awareness to police brutality, and peaceful demonstrators dismissed as terrorists who ought to be restricted to holding their events in some empty parking lot where they cannot be seen or heard.

This "out of sight out of mind" approach to the world by those in power - or those with the power to choose who is in power - that inevitably compels people to feel like violent extreme measures is the only option left on the table - is like literally what the show is about.

Whew, heavy stuff!

Completely agree with you man!!

For a show about a black Captain America, it would have been absolutely absurd for them not to acknowledge racial inequality. It would have been cowardly. Acknowledging race=/=creating division :duh

Honestly, the only thing I didn't like about the show, aside from a weak, uncompelling antagonist, was John Walker using the shield to kill someone. I know Steve Rogers killed people, but it was always in self defense. The point of the scene was to show hes gone off the rails, but they could done it another way. Maybe they could have pulled him off the guy before it was too late. I just don't like the shield being a murder weapon.

I fully agree with the first part of what you said, race is more prominent now than anything else in America. Although the way it was presented here was a little heavy handed and felt rushed/overly simplistic IMO

I loved that they used the shield as a murder weapon. If it were Steve Rogers bludgeoning someone with it I'd understand but the whole point is to see that cap imposter for what he is, fantastic imagery

Whew, heavy stuff!

It is garbage in the way it is presented. Blissfully ignore? I only hear it on the news EVERYDAY. Only way you choose to ignore it is not read/watch the news period. Now who is instantly ignoring someone that is willing to call something out for it's heavy handedness? I don't see anyone coming up with any answers to anything, just accusing you are ignorant or you don't care. I don't think you watched the same news as I did with burning cars, police attacked and protests where people kneel in front of a flag that many died for. You can feel sorry for rich athletes, but they get to sit in their mansions and cheer on people from their couch on Twitter to destroy property and hurt law enforcement.

The national discussion is only a one way street with that "I am the affected one, you should feel guilty and should think and feel like I feel". Facts don't matter that people are criminals and resist arrest. Accountability should go both ways. The criminal instigator that should have cooperated gets hurt, well then don't fight authority. This is a land of laws whether you like them or not. And laws really are not enforced as much as they should be as law enforcement is in fear of that. Who does that hurt?

Just cause those in power do wrong, doesn't give people an excuse to kill or destroy property. Racism starts with respect and how do people learn respect? Good parenting. That is the major factor that is lacking in many urban areas. People know how to have kids but not how to raise them. Schools should be teaching CONFLICT RESOLUTION, since what I see most from shootings is that arguments preceded them. And with gangs, the police know who they are. I'd give them the go ahead to bust these gangs up and to pommel them with boring learning. Make them not want to come back to prison, which many do.

Look, I just gave you a bunch of resolutions and I'm not even a millionaire athlete!

I fully agree with the first part of what you said, race is more prominent now than anything else in America. Although the way it was presented here was a little heavy handed and felt rushed/overly simplistic IMO

I loved that they used the shield as a murder weapon. If it were Steve Rogers bludgeoning someone with it I'd understand but the whole point is to see that cap imposter for what he is, fantastic imagery

That is because the media wants you to think that. Best weapon in politics is fear.

I like seeing the other side of the coin with an evil Cap. I felt like they didn't embrace that moment more than what they did. Didn't quite deliver enough in the next episode.

It is garbage in the way it is presented. Blissfully ignore? I only hear it on the news EVERYDAY. Only way you choose to ignore it is not read/watch the news period. Now who is instantly ignoring someone that is willing to call something out for it's heavy handedness? I don't see anyone coming up with any answers to anything, just accusing you are ignorant or you don't care. I don't think you watched the same news as I did with burning cars, police attacked and protests where people kneel in front of a flag that many died for. You can feel sorry for rich athletes, but they get to sit in their mansions and cheer on people from their couch on Twitter to destroy property and hurt law enforcement.

The national discussion is only a one way street with that "I am the affected one, you should feel guilty and should think and feel like I feel". Facts don't matter that people are criminals and resist arrest. Accountability should go both ways. The criminal instigator that should have cooperated gets hurt, well then don't fight authority. This is a land of laws whether you like them or not. And laws really are not enforced as much as they should be as law enforcement is in fear of that. Who does that hurt?

Just cause those in power do wrong, doesn't give people an excuse to kill or destroy property. Racism starts with respect and how do people learn respect? Good parenting. That is the major factor that is lacking in many urban areas. People know how to have kids but not how to raise them. Schools should be teaching CONFLICT RESOLUTION, since what I see most from shootings is that arguments preceded them. And with gangs, the police know who they are. I'd give them the go ahead to bust these gangs up and to pommel them with boring learning. Make them not want to come back to prison, which many do.

Look, I just gave you a bunch of resolutions and I'm not even a millionaire athlete!

Lmaooooo just noticed your banner! :rotfl

Who's the lady on the right?

Also, you raise a lot of valid points. Too bad it's all gonna be countered with hurt feelings though.

Whew, heavy stuff!

100% Spanbaur!
Thank you for your thoughtful, well reasoned, and articulate response.

Hey matticus you're a joke man, simple as that.

If those in power do wrong, they give Society an excuse to kill or destroy to make things right or to call attention to the problem, its the history of the world dumbass, people riot when things become insufferable.

Your idea to end racism is with good parenting? and what you do if the parents were racist?
CONFLICT RESOLUTION does not work, just look at the history books, talking never works against who is in power.
Dude grow up man and try to be a better human being.

Lmaooooo just noticed your banner! :rotfl

Who's the lady on the right?

Also, you raise a lot of valid points. Too bad it's all gonna be countered with hurt feelings though.

A writer from Lucasfilm that Disney wanted to highlight. Just google the High Republic and you see how well these people at Lucasfilm know SW. Here's an example:

https://boundingintocomics.com/2021...e-embarrassment-new-character-is-just-a-rock/

Hey matticus you're a joke man, simple as that.

If those in power do wrong, they give Society an excuse to kill or destroy to make things right or to call attention to the problem, its the history of the world dumbass, people riot when things become insufferable.

Your idea to end racism is with good parenting? and what you do if the parents were racist?
CONFLICT RESOLUTION does not work, just look at the history books, talking never works against who is in power.
Dude grow up man and try to be a better human being.

You proved my point right there. And talking doesn't work...lol. I think we all know where everyone stands and it is time to get this thread back onto talking specifically about FWS Winter Soldier figure.

I know it is a small object, but I wish he came with Steve's book. Just a little accessory to add to the list. Maybe having the arm detach to show Wakanda tech?

armvib1.jpg

Thats a broad generalization, with a very slanted perspective. Each incident of the police killing someone has their own list of varying factors and should be judged independently. Was George Floyd still resisting arrest after hes face down in handcuffs suffocating? And when you're being suffocated, what is the appropriate response? When a cop was trespassing in someone's backyard, without announcing himself and then shot into a rear window killing a woman holding a gun in her own house (because she heard someone breaking into her backyard) who is the criminal? These factors must be considered before reaching an umbrella conclusion.

Just cause those in power do wrong, doesn't give people an excuse to kill or destroy property.

No one is arguing in favor of this.

Racism starts with respect and how do people learn respect? Good parenting. That is the major factor that is lacking in many urban areas. People know how to have kids but not how to raise them. Schools should be teaching CONFLICT RESOLUTION, since what I see most from shootings is that arguments preceded them. And with gangs, the police know who they are. I'd give them the go ahead to bust these gangs up and to pommel them with boring learning. Make them not want to come back to prison, which many do.

Oh, you mean like when a son has to grow up without a father because some inept cop shot him by mistake and then didn't even bother to render aid? And why isn't the city held responsible for putting cops on the street, who clearly aren't ready for the job, wheres that accountability ?

To get back on topic, there are plenty of social issues that warrant discussion and frankly the show didn't go far enough. It seems some of you would prefer these characters live in a bubble and be completely oblivious of the world they're trying to emulate on screen. Why do you think people care about super heroes. They show us the best of ourselves. Why would a black Captain America be important to a kid? Seeing yourself on screen, in a role typically not delegated to someone who looks like you, has a huge impact on how you view the world around you. Its entirely appropriate for a black character to speak on issues that its audience is dealing with in their daily lives. It makes those characters more authentic and relatable. It lets the audience know they're not alone in what they're experiencing. When your story is told, you feel understood. You feel seen. To a kid that could mean everything.

Thats a broad generalization, with a very slanted perspective. Each incident of the police killing someone has their own list of varying factors and should be judged independently. Was George Floyd still resisting arrest after hes face down in handcuffs suffocating? And when you're being suffocated, what is the appropriate response? When a cop was trespassing in someone's backyard, without announcing himself and then shot into a rear window killing a woman holding a gun in her own house (because she heard someone breaking into her backyard) who is the criminal? These factors must be considered before reaching an umbrella conclusion.

Oh, you mean like when a son has to grow up without a father because some inept cop shot him by mistake and then didn't even bother to render aid? And why isn't the city held responsible for putting cops on the street, who clearly aren't ready for the job, wheres that accountability ?

To get back on topic, there are plenty of social issues that warrant discussion and frankly the show didn't go far enough. It seems some of you would prefer these characters live in a bubble and be completely oblivious of the world they're trying to emulate on screen. Why do you think people care about super heroes. They show us the best of ourselves. Why would a black Captain America be important to a kid? Seeing yourself on screen, in a role typically not delegated to someone who looks like you, has a huge impact on how you view the world around you. Its entirely appropriate for a black character to speak on issues that its audience is dealing with in their daily lives. It makes those characters more authentic and relatable. It lets the audience know they're not alone in what they're experiencing. When your story is told, you feel understood. You feel seen. To a kid that could mean everything.

Well, that's ironic since that's definitely an umbrella conclusion right there... :lol

Perhaps, but theres lots of examples of police not hesitating to breach protocols/use choke holds that are against policy, which calls the training/enforcement of protocols into question.

Yes, when people riot things go out of control and things happen like property damage, but why complain about this when the real bad guy is always how the governament is lazy and do a poor job in caring with his tax payer population?
The governament only hear and pretend to care when people go wild in the streets, no one wants blood on the streets, but the governament force their hand by not listening to them when they make complaints. The BLM fight is legit, and the chaos happens when the government chooses to ignore their voice.
This is the last time i will post about all of this off subject in this post.

I think the Bucky is an awesome figure though i might just wait for a later release as it stands i don't feel i need it. hoping they bring back the face mask and weapons i think that would look interesting with short hair.

going forward i hope Bucky leans more into the White Wolf persona which i thought they was going to do during the show.

I feel like a discussion about race was absolutely needed in the show...but not the only discussion. The show is called Falcon and the Winter Soldier so they should have equally explored Bucky's struggles adjusting to life after the Winter Soldier and would have been the perfect opportunity to have multiple Winter Soldier flashbacks even a Flahback to Bucky losing his arm in a fight with Isaiah.

The first episode was great IMO for both characters but everything set up for Bucky was immediately dropped going into the second episode. I liked what they did with Sam but really couldn't stand the hate for the shield saying it should be destroyed... from my understanding the shield stood for Steve's Ideals since he was the only one who wielded it until Walker.

Felt like the flag smashers was pretty lame and that Sharon Carter reveal was stupid AF. It's like they realised they only had 6 episodes instead of 8 halfway through filming and rushed to cram everything in at the end.

Also GIVE ME A ZEMO FIGURE HOT TOYS!!!

This figure is pretty good though, right?

:lol:cool:

Door #1 - re-enter the lively discussion, :devil

making sure to also *&^%$ about how we got minutes of Isaiah's family losses, while Bucky's only got a few sentences:pfft: (even tho his sister Rebecca is also comic canon and I sure would like to know if he has any relatives); also Jason Bourne did the assassin-explains-what-he'd-done way better......dunno if the writers were subconsciously channeling other films or what....:stake:lol

Door #2 "We now return to our regularly scheduled programming"

Re the FIGURE:cool: - if they keep the same quality as the IW Bucky it'll be a good fig; but even tho it's my fav MCU character I'm gonna pass, for now. Have no idea why HT opted to use the same rifle as 2 other figs; it doesn't show up in the show - tho HT probably plans way ahead of time and maybe the Para was supposed to show up, but the idea got ditched.

Dunno - might have the same pants as the CW fig; the big selling point for me would be it's the first short hair Bucky. Except I like longer hair more feral Bucky better.

TBH if I could have only one; I'd go for TWS or IW. IW at least gives u the dusted arm, tho I never use it. IW sculpt is stellar; costume is cloth and heavily detailed with seams etc. It's a nice nod back to TFA Bucky.

TWS Bucky is aging by now - I mean any TWS fig is what, ~ 7-8 years old, even NIB? Great fig; but I'd be careful sourcing. Years in a hot warehouse may have caused issues, if any seller has a NIB in storage.

I'll sit this one out; for now anyway. Weird to do a pass on a fav; but it's not like I don't own lots of Buckys. And Rogers Cap. 2 Falcon. For me, if anything, think I could use a street clothes Tony Stark.

Also GIVE ME A ZEMO FIGURE HOT TOYS!!!

:exactly:

3rd party, I don't care. Heck, even HASBRO has him. With the red book and everything.

GIVE ME A ZEMO FIGURE HOT TOYS!!!

3rd party, I don't care. Heck, even HASBRO has him. With the red book and everything.

I'm not picky, I'll settle for my dream release - a combination CW and F&TWS DX version of Zemo including:

From F&TWS
- Outfit with long coat and purple mask;
- tea serving set;
- Bathroom diorama base featuring movable bathtub and El Chapo escape hole;
- 1967 Pontiac Firebird GTO convertible;
- A bag of Turkish delights;

From CW
- EMP bomb;
- Red book;
- Alternate Berlin interrogation scene diorama base featuring Bucky in his special prison cube.

If they release this they can even skimp on weapons, I won't mind. :D

Back