Hot Toys The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 1/6 Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bucky might not be the Bucky we all loved thanks to these new "writers".

Yep. From what I've seen, the writers don't know how to handle a character would compete with Falcon for attention, and they didn't want too much attention paid to Bucky. I mean, even the little bit of him was in character in IW - 3 shots, 3 Outriders down.

So Bucky's humble a lot instead and really just Sam's backup - even gets Sam new wings. Sort of trying to force the dynamic of Steve and Bucky; and it's a fail IMO.

But then again, I didn't think much of Sam either. You've even got Sam lecturing a guy who spent decades being an assassin, on how to take down targets:slap. Anything to make Sam look like he has masterful command of the situation. Lecturing a guy was a sargeant/sniper in WW2. :pfft:

Never thought I'd be saying I hope another FWS never gets into production; not under this showrunner. Maybe Feige will wake up when/if merch sales are down. The thing about this HT, is it IS the first short haired Bucky; but I like Bucky with long hair and u can't trust HT's production:horror.

I was really nervous opening the box for IW Bucky after the whole IW Cap portrait thing. Head-seam-gate:lol

Yep. From what I've seen, the writers don't know how to handle a character would compete with Falcon for attention, and they didn't want too much attention paid to Bucky. I mean, even the little bit of him was in character in IW - 3 shots, 3 Outriders down.

So Bucky's humble a lot instead and really just Sam's backup - even gets Sam new wings. Sort of trying to force the dynamic of Steve and Bucky; and it's a fail IMO.

But then again, I didn't think much of Sam either. You've even got Sam lecturing a guy who spent decades being an assassin, on how to take down targets:slap. Anything to make Sam look like he has masterful command of the situation. Lecturing a guy was a sargeant/sniper in WW2. :pfft:

Never thought I'd be saying I hope another FWS never gets into production; not under this showrunner. Maybe Feige will wake up when/if merch sales are down. The thing about this HT, is it IS the first short haired Bucky; but I like Bucky with long hair and u can't trust HT's production:horror.

I was really nervous opening the box for IW Bucky after the whole IW Cap portrait thing. Head-seam-gate:lol

Well you are getting him for Cap4. Will be the continuation of this show and I doubt Evans makes an appearance.

Well you are getting him for Cap4. Will be the continuation of this show and I doubt Evans makes an appearance.

Well, it's a long road from pre-planning to production; if it happens it will be a while. And I'll never watch anything from this showrunner again without
lots of spoilers, and reviews, so I know exactly what to expect.

We all know - from the Xmen films, if anything, and FF4 - you can take great characters, and actors, and there's only so much an actor or actress can do
given a lame narrative or bad script, or even poor editing.

Not everything in FWS was bad; not sure how much I've watched that gets progressively worse tho. The last Star Wars trilogy, I guess, ended with a lame splat and a dumb script.

Although, some third party could release a Bucky sitting on a couch and a Falcon with a battery-operated soundtrack. Push a button on the backpack
and it lights up and lectures you to "do better" so u feel guilty about eating your morning donut.:monkey3

I don't mind the social issue, but damn, dude showed up to his house 3 times to essentially hear the same guilt trip every time. Show us his pain, not tell us either. That would've sent home the message. Luke Cage did it better.

I agree that Cage handled things better in several respects than FWS. That said I don?t think Isiah was trying to give Sam a guilt trip, after all Sam had NOTHING to do with what happened to Isiah, I saw it as Isiah providing his perspective and explaining why he sees the world as he does, and why he doesn?t trust the government.
However, I do think that situation could have been executed better/more interestingly if they had taken a few minutes to SHOW US what Isiah went through via some memory scenes or something like that. I think Isiah?s grief and pain could have been more powerfully represented than via extra dialogues with Sam.

Well, it's a long road from pre-planning to production; if it happens it will be a while. And I'll never watch anything from this showrunner again without
lots of spoilers, and reviews, so I know exactly what to expect.

We all know - from the Xmen films, if anything, and FF4 - you can take great characters, and actors, and there's only so much an actor or actress can do
given a lame narrative or bad script, or even poor editing.

Not everything in FWS was bad; not sure how much I've watched that gets progressively worse tho. The last Star Wars trilogy, I guess, ended with a lame splat and a dumb script.

Although, some third party could release a Bucky sitting on a couch and a Falcon with a battery-operated soundtrack. Push a button on the backpack
and it lights up and lectures you to "do better" so u feel guilty about eating your morning donut.:monkey3

And so begins the decline of the MCU. They peaked at Endgame...and with Marvel now with their hands full in a plethora of live action productions it only makes sense that quality will begin to dip, which will in turn cause fans to be put off by certain properties and/or MCU fatigue setting in.

I'm not completely out of the MCU game, but with these recent string of busts (Captain Marvel, WandaVision, TFAWS) I am leaning towards becoming a casual fan who occasionally pops in and out for their content, rather than a day-one paying customer. I'll be there for their big tent pole stuff and the main A-list characters, but all these D-list tertiary characters will no longer be anything I look forward to.

New picture of Buck with Captain America. The sculpt looks quite good here! Definitely reignited my interest. That arm looks dope 8030BCA5-11FE-49CA-B4FE-FD639677CE02.jpeg

And so begins the decline of the MCU. They peaked at Endgame...and with Marvel now with their hands full in a plethora of live action productions it only makes sense that quality will begin to dip, which will in turn cause fans to be put off by certain properties and/or MCU fatigue setting in.

I'm not completely out of the MCU game, but with these recent string of busts (Captain Marvel, WandaVision, TFAWS) I am leaning towards becoming a casual fan who occasionally pops in and out for their content, rather than a day-one paying customer. I'll be there for their big tent pole stuff and the main A-list characters, but all these D-list tertiary characters will no longer be anything I look forward to.

I think it's crazy that anyone could call Wandavision a "bust". I think it's the best thing Marvel has ever done.

I think it's crazy that anyone could call Wandavision a "bust". I think it's the best thing Marvel has ever done.

I mean kudos to them for trying something different, but even Marvel knew that it was too slow in uneven in pace. That's why we got 2 eps right out the gate. Then add to that bohner silliness and ultimately 2 episodes that felt like something actually MCU and I can see why people view it as a bust.

Much like falcon and winter soldier, it's kind of a well acted mess.

I don't think Bucky especially or Falcon as tertiary characters, or Wanda or Vision or Loki, etc. They have major comic runs - Iron Man, far as I know, was less well known than Captain America or Thor.

If filmmakers don't do a film featuring a character, that doesn't mean a character isn't worthy. I was more into the series and those characters, than I am about another Spiderman; also looking forward to Moon Knight. For me IW and EG really needed to be 3 movies, and weren't what I was hoping for. :(

Thought a lot about WandaVision was amazing; not perfect but impressive:clap. FWS did some good stuff. But IMO everything starts with a script; and also editing; and really a vision (no pun intended) for overall tone. Once agenda started to mash into a story that could've worked (pus Covid, probably) IMO things tanked. U can practically tick off the lively interchanges with Zemo as being one writer; and the lecturing/speech to another. I don't KNOW that happened; but Spellman apparently had a group of writers working for him.

And too little experience with a comic book movie to make a cohesive whole, or tackle the often boring action scenes. I'd be willing to bet Bucky's flashback was choreographed by Stan's usual stuntpeople from TWS and CW; and the bar fight/punching by someone else.

Anyway leaves me $$$$ to pick up Avengers Cap and fill in any collection holes, and wait until 2027 for any possible FWS figs. I mean, I just got a delay notice for an SW fig (speeder) that I've been paying on since April 2020:impatient:. I start forgetting what I have on PO.

I mean kudos to them for trying something different, but even Marvel knew that it was too slow in uneven in pace. That's why we got 2 eps right out the gate. Then add to that bohner silliness and ultimately 2 episodes that felt like something actually MCU and I can see why people view it as a bust.

Much like falcon and winter soldier, it's kind of a well acted mess.

Haha, this is a great and accurate description.

I don't think Bucky especially or Falcon as tertiary characters, or Wanda or Vision or Loki, etc. They have major comic runs - Iron Man, far as I know, was less well known than Captain America or Thor.

If filmmakers don't do a film featuring a character, that doesn't mean a character isn't worthy. I was more into the series and those characters, than I am about another Spiderman; also looking forward to Moon Knight. For me IW and EG really needed to be 3 movies, and weren't what I was hoping for. :(

Thought a lot about WandaVision was amazing; not perfect but impressive:clap. FWS did some good stuff. But IMO everything starts with a script; and also editing; and really a vision (no pun intended) for overall tone. Once agenda started to mash into a story that could've worked (pus Covid, probably) IMO things tanked. U can practically tick off the lively interchanges with Zemo as being one writer; and the lecturing/speech to another. I don't KNOW that happened; but Spellman apparently had a group of writers working for him.

And too little experience with a comic book movie to make a cohesive whole, or tackle the often boring action scenes. I'd be willing to bet Bucky's flashback was choreographed by Stan's usual stuntpeople from TWS and CW; and the bar fight/punching by someone else.

Anyway leaves me $$$$ to pick up Avengers Cap and fill in any collection holes, and wait until 2027 for any possible FWS figs. I mean, I just got a delay notice for an SW fig (speeder) that I've been paying on since April 2020:impatient:. I start forgetting what I have on PO.

I'm writing Moon Knight off already as a bust. To think the MCU will go even 1% the level of grittiness and violence that Daredevil did would be laughable. They certainly won't do it with Mooney.

And yeah, I agree. The writing, the directing, the action sequences from the first episode feels like an almost different production compared to the rest of the episodes!

I'm writing Moon Knight off already as a bust. To think the MCU will go even 1% the level of grittiness and violence that Daredevil did would be laughable. They certainly won't do it with Mooney.

And yeah, I agree. The writing, the directing, the action sequences from the first episode feels like an almost different production compared to the rest of the episodes!

The Marvel Netflix shows are in the MCU.

Glad someone else sees...IMO it was baffling sitting there, like I was watching 2 different shows at the same time, for a while....then there was episode 5, a reasonable-ish fight, and then pffffffffft. So much wasted potential comic gold - just showing Bucky how to eat crawfish could have been hilarious - or spending some time in New Orleans - u could've even make it *poignant* or a bar fight - or spooky; a lot of voodoo culture. there. Wasted a location; Bucky could've argued with a 'gator.:cool: Instead of sitting around on the *&&^% boat.

Moon Knight - well, yeah, maybe - but costume anyway. As for gritty, I'm surprised they had blood on the shield, being Disney. Gotta admit, I sat up for that one:horror. Like I said, it was like watching 2 different shows mashed together - brilliance and mediocrity, but grand finale was so lame. Except for the old guy and the detonator.:lol

The Marvel Netflix shows are in the MCU.

They are not. Until you see someone play the same character in the MCU, it will be ignored like Feige has been doing with Agents of Shield and everything else except for the Agent Carter show (Cap writers, Stark, Carter and Jarvis).

Glad someone else sees...IMO it was baffling sitting there, like I was watching 2 different shows at the same time, for a while....then there was episode 5, a reasonable-ish fight, and then pffffffffft. So much wasted potential comic gold - just showing Bucky how to eat crawfish could have been hilarious - or spending some time in New Orleans - u could've even make it *poignant* or a bar fight - or spooky; a lot of voodoo culture. there. Wasted a location; Bucky could've argued with a 'gator.:cool: Instead of sitting around on the *&&^% boat.

Moon Knight - well, yeah, maybe - but costume anyway. As for gritty, I'm surprised they had blood on the shield, being Disney. Gotta admit, I sat up for that one:horror. Like I said, it was like watching 2 different shows mashed together - brilliance and mediocrity, but grand finale was so lame. Except for the old guy and the detonator.:lol

That part was so stupid I laughed out loud. At first I was like wait, who TF was that guy again? And then I was like oh yeah, it's Zemo's butler...way more efficient killer of super soldiers than Zemo was. He got like 4 of em in one go!

Once again, just terrible writing. The majority of the series is about Zemo wanting to kill these guys...isn't able to really accomplish it...but then within a few seconds an extremely minor character is able to accomplish the feat so easily...SUCH BAD WRITING! :rotfl

Yet people will say it's amazing...ugh...

That part was so stupid I laughed out loud. At first I was like wait, who TF was that guy again? And then I was like oh yeah, it's Zemo's butler...way more efficient killer of super soldiers than Zemo was. He got like 4 of em in one go!

Once again, just terrible writing. The majority of the series is about Zemo wanting to kill these guys...isn't able to really accomplish it...but then within a few seconds an extremely minor character is able to accomplish the feat so easily...SUCH BAD WRITING! :rotfl

deadpool-lazy-writing.gif

Man, you guys reaaaalllly want to hate this show. Who do you think put the butler up to taking out the super soldiers? Whose plan do you think that was? Obviously from his satisfactory reaction from his prison cell, Zemo’s. This did not expose a poorly-written failure of Zemo, but rather reinforced his reputation as a mastermind who is always five steps ahead.

Man, you guys reaaaalllly want to hate this show. Who do you think put the butler up to taking out the super soldiers? Whose plan do you think that was? Obviously from his satisfactory reaction from his prison cell, Zemo’s. This did not expose a poorly-written failure of Zemo, but rather reinforced his reputation as a mastermind who is always five steps ahead.

That is a false statement since I actually really wanted to like this show, but week after week I was disappointed with what was unfolding before my very eyes.

Anyways it's quite clear it was Zemo who put his assassin butler up to the task...I think what you're missing is how absurdly piss poor/lazy the writing was for that. Just so it could all neatly end with a bow tie on top! :lol

Back