Hot Toys - The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa hang on....Bomb?

I own the Takara & the HT, and I really see now that everyone's insane for saying the Takara bats is better.

HT nailed the likeness. Takara is a skinny-headed chick figure w/ a cool Wayne sculpt.

Sorry, couldn't let you get away with that one unscathed.
:D

:lol yea thats true, but i might buy hot toys batman cuz im not happy with the takara batman specially his damn neck cut joint crap

They're both great figures for different reasons.

In regards to the the neck cut-line on the Tak Bats, I'd rather have it there than not there. The Medicom and Hot Toys Batman has the cowl and neck as one solid piece, so when you turn or raise his head there's that annoying gap between the base of the neck where it meets the rest of the torso (chest/collarbone area). And I love the ability to get a good head tilt on the Takara Batman, something that doesn't look so great on the HT.

Whoa hang on....Bomb?

I own the Takara & the HT, and I really see now that everyone's insane for saying the Takara bats is better.

HT nailed the likeness. Takara is a skinny-headed chick figure w/ a cool Wayne sculpt.

Sorry, couldn't let you get away with that one unscathed.
:D

:lol See I'm on the other side of the fence.

I do recognize that the HT Bats was "early on" in their licensed figures and they didn't hit the stride and performance that they are recognized for right now. They have certainly improved leaps and bounds since then.

That being said, I own the Takara Bats and my brother owned the HT. I was able to look at them side-by-side just like you.

MY OPINION is that the HT Bats certainly has a better suit design construction than the Takara...but they just went wrong on some issues. The suit looks bulky on the figure body below it, maybe this was accurate but I prefer the lean look of the Takara.
On the headsculpt, I feel the bat ears are too long and nose is too long as well. The overall head does not look like the Batman Begins' Bats as much as the Takara in my opinion.

So I KNOW with the Dark Knight that HT will finally do Bats right. That bust looks PERFECT and I have no doubt they will get it right this time around.

The way I see it, of the Begins figures, Takara is the best Batman figure and HT is overall the more accurrate to Bale in the costume from Begins. Medicom just doesn't come close to either.

The way I see it, of the Begins figures, Takara is the best Batman figure and HT is overall the more accurrate to Bale in the costume from Begins. Medicom just doesn't come close to either.

Yup! Found that out the hard way, the Taks Batman is the way to go IMO.

Yup! Found that out the hard way, the Taks Batman is the way to go IMO.

In this price range, I agree, if I'm dropping $150 plus, I'd rather some slight variation from the source and a better overall figure than a matching figure that doesn't utilize the format to it's best.

Definitely eager to see what an HT TDK figure looks like, and whether they revisit the Begins suit as it appears in this movie too or if they just do the new suit.

I got the Taks bat after reading every review about the HT and Tak I could find. Medicom version just looked too damn skinny and boyish.

I personally liked the Taks Batman better, and the bruce wayne head was a bonus.

The only thing about the Tak Batman I don't like is the goofy boots, but then again you can achieve better poses, so it's a trade off.

It looks beautiful, it's just that the suit feels very, very delicate. Tearing it accidentally would kill me given the price.

I'm not sure what the concern is about, or how drastic a pose you're trying to achieve, but I've gotten some decent poses. If you just move the figure with caution, it can be done. I get nervous with standard HT figures as I've had 2 where the wrists broke, it's just the nature of collecting high end figures over $100, they need to be treated with care. Even a TDK HT Batman will require some caution when posing it.

his cowl doesnt match the color of his suit and his gaunlets too,

what the hell do you mean, the gaunlets are supposed to be shiny and different from the suit.

cannot believe we are having this discussion over and over about the Takara boots etc:google

I've said it once in the official takara batman thread, and I'll say it again: the taraka boots ARE correct!

what the hell do you mean, the gaunlets are supposed to be shiny and different from the suit.

cannot believe we are having this discussion over and over about the Takara boots etc:google

I've said it once in the official takara batman thread, and I'll say it again: the taraka boots ARE correct!

first off all i didnt say ^^^^ about the boots :monkey3 , i like his boots :D and his gaunlet is supposed to be shiny, coo cuz i thought there were something wrong with my batman , what a relief, so yea my batman came all messed up, when i took him out his right arm was reversed so it was pain in the a$$ to fix it, his paint was coming off and i was worried but i dont care i have takara batman and im going to buy hot toys batman begins and yes im keeping them both:D oh and you spelled takara wrong in the last sentence :D:monkey3:monkey3

Last edited:

You said it twice now, so drop it already. Forget the boots. :lol

Hey Bat Eater, how about reducing the size of your sig down to 500X150. :D

Nice to see some Hot Toys items this morning. Joker looks great. Who gives a tosser about how his makeup is done? It was an issue with Jack Sparrow and everyone got over it. Reading about it over and over makes you sound like a bunch of *******. Whatever Hot Toys decides, they do it without consultation with their consumers, and more in spite of them.

So now we can all be happy and glad we have a pic of Joker and it will be good and we will all scramble to get our pre-orders in. That was a given, regardless of any discussion in this thread. The only problem I see is for you guys in the states, is that Sideshow is unlikely to carry them. So T2 will probably be your best bet, yeah, to save on shipping costs? Or are you going to wait till the regular sites get their orders in from wherever, possibly saving on shipping even further, but having to wait longer. Or source them from the Asian sites, with heavier shipping fees, but shorter waiting times.

So now we can all be happy and glad we have a pic of Joker and it will be good and we will all scramble to get our pre-orders in. That was a given, regardless of any discussion in this thread. The only problem I see is for you guys in the states, is that Sideshow is unlikely to carry them. So T2 will probably be your best bet, yeah, to save on shipping costs? Or are you going to wait till the regular sites get their orders in from wherever, possibly saving on shipping even further, but having to wait longer. Or source them from the Asian sites, with heavier shipping fees, but shorter waiting times.

I don't think we do have a pic of Joker - there's the fake mock-up using a publicity shot and just the eye line in someone's banner that might be the HT 1/6 JOker or it could be any one of a dozen other Joker products.

I think Dave has mentioned it quite a few times in various threads. That Batman is a DC item, and Marvel is one of Sideshows properties. Marvel must have some kind of stipulation concerning this. Sure Sideshow have some Batman and Superman Litho's and such, but they have never had Hot Toys Bats and Supes figures to distribute. What has changed? Nothing I don't think.

I don't think we need a picture of Hot Toys actual Joker figure do we? We know it's coming and I think it safe to say it will be as good as they can make it. It's not like we have a choice. Sideshow certainly isn't going to make one and who will get the Medicom one if they make it? Just a matter of playing Hot Toys hand the way it is dealt, by getting your order in. You don't want to be holding the Joker card, or do you?

So how many Batman variations is there gonna be? Will he be like the Wolf Predator or more like Superman I wonder... I was waiting for this figure for the longest time but now I'm thinking, do I hold off and get the Bruce Wayne headed super special second release Batman that comes with additional accesories or do I get the first edition in case a super special edition never comes? Grrr.... damn you HOT TOYS!!!!

While some will argue about the first and second Jack Sparrow figures, which I feel truly are different figures, I don't think HT has shown the variant game with anything outside of Aliens and Predator. Way I see the Superman figures, I think they felt their first supes was weak, they felt the could do better with the growth they made and they did it, some time after the first release. I think they'd have done the same with Batman if not for knowing for sure a new film was on the horizon. Is there any word on a Superman follow up? I think whatever figures come out for TDK will be one shot deals, the only variants will be Joker goons if they do them because there are actual variants.

Back