Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine will be going back to SSC. Received my Bat-pod with a crooked front wheel. :gah:

HotToysBat-podOrderNumber-TB657935.jpg

Mine came like this as well. Not sure if this is a common problem so it might not be worth it to exchange it. Anyone else have this happen with this release or the last release?

Ok I just got mine and I'm having some trouble with it. Mainly just the right arm guard (the side with the light on the handle). So the handlebar is not attached to the guard like it came on the other side. The other side is attached and this side has a spot where the "T" shape is supposed to connect but it wont stick. I don't know if it's broken. Also the guard won't stay on but the other side is fine.
16sqv.jpg

So does anyone else have a handlebar that isnt attached? Honestly, it doesn't really bother me, and I could just superglue it. The bat-pod has so much to look at that I don't really see the loose handlebar unless I look for it. Should I just glue it? I don't want to if its not supposed to be like that but I suppose if it breaks itll go back to square one. I don't feel like sending it back ssc

My handlebar is definitely attached and from your photo it looks like it broke just after the tape wrapped around the bar. That sucks it came broken. Personally, I would call SSC and ask for an exchange. I wouldn’t want to deal with a glued handle piece on top of the fact that the arm guards themselves don’t really stay on that well, especially if you plan on putting a figure on the bike cause the glue might not hold.

Geez. That cape would be all kinds of trouble with a moving wheel like that...
I saw a tv program once where a bride was taken from the church to the reception on a large trike motorbike. Her dress was caught in the propshaft form the gearbox to the rear differential, and the action of it getting pulled tighter and tighter cut her legs off.
I always think of that watching TDK and TDKR, that Batman would be lucky to get five yards without having his neck removed when the cape got caught in the moving wheel....
:)
But cool pics though.

QFT :lecture

I once drove my motorcycle on a highway wearing a large poncho-raincoat since the skies were dark it could only mean heavy rain, and my back wheel almost got it. And man, the wind drag. It's taking you everywhere.

If superheroes were real, I think even Superman won't wear a cape. Capes are not what is a spoiler is to a car. But yeah, theatricality for Batman and additional protection and all that.

Back to the topic -- my local dealer will get this in two months. Oh, the wait. :impatient:

I remember seeing in one of the behind the scenes videos that they already accounted for this problem. For the safety of the stunt-driver on the Bat-pod, the cape was attached to the Batsuit in those scenes with velcro. If it happened to get caught in the wheel it would just get easily pulled off of the suit, no harm to the driver.

Mine will be going back to SSC. Received my Bat-pod with a crooked front wheel. :gah:

HotToysBat-podOrderNumber-TB657935.jpg

Mine is a little crooked as well, not as noticeable as yours, but definitely crooked if you look at it from the top or straight forward. It stands fine on it's own, but when I put my Bats on it, it tilts and falls over to one side though. Let us know if SS will exchange it.

Lol. You were lucky with that poncho.
As for Superman, there's no wheel for his cape to be dragged into.
:rotfl

You bet, man! I started wearing jacket-type raincoats since then.

Re: Superman -- yup, but if anyone could really fly it would be hard to do with a cape. It adds drag instead of making you air-resistant :)

I'm on the fence as to whether I should ask for an exchange. Seems like the chances of getting one with crooked wheels is pretty high. I'm just not sure if it would be worth it or not.

I'm on the fence as to whether I should ask for an exchange. Seems like the chances of getting one with crooked wheels is pretty high. I'm just not sure if it would be worth it or not.

I'm with you. My handlebar is broken but with the tape I can make it look like its still attached and my wheels and guns are straight so...I think I'm just gonna keep it

getting worried about mine now, what's going on with HT's qc atm??? I guess i'll find out if mines crooked etc. in 2 weeks

getting worried about mine now, what's going on with HT's qc atm??? I guess i'll find out if mines crooked etc. in 2 weeks

I don't get that as well. Really love all the stuff they do but most of the items I got had issues. A lot of potential for qc improvements, to say it in kind words...

It's just very annoying and time intensive to claim all this and I can't imagine it's any different on their side / on the sellers side. :dunno

Can some one take close up photos of the handle bars?
My twin brother can't seem to get the little support arms in the right spot.
They seem a little tough to put in.
Any help would be great

Eb one is so incredible nothing like Christian Bale, but, their 1/4 Batman is so impressive...

Eb one is so incredible nothing like Christian Bale, but, their 1/4 Batman is so impressive...

And the is reated to the Bat-Pod... How? :dunno

Are the tyres on this thing dust magnets like the first version?

And the is reated to the Bat-Pod... How? :dunno

Are the tyres on this thing dust magnets like the first version?

I have no idea... :lol

Someone posted here a comparison between the 1/4 EB Bruce Wayne and the DX12's Bruce Wayne .. but then he deleted the post :lol

Back