Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came like this as well. Not sure if this is a common problem so it might not be worth it to exchange it. Anyone else have this happen with this release or the last release?

Mine is a little crooked as well, not as noticeable as yours, but definitely crooked if you look at it from the top or straight forward. It stands fine on it's own, but when I put my Bats on it, it tilts and falls over to one side though. Let us know if SS will exchange it.

I never heard anything back from SSC the next day. So on Saturday, I decided to fix it myself. I was able to take the front end off the chassis. The only thing I had to watch out for were the two LED's wires. There are two screws underneath that I had to unscrew then I found out that they actually glued it as well. It took several hours with some frustration to fix, but I got it done without any issues.

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist :lol :lol

18325_3819168726576_370588696_n.jpg

... and 9 months later a semi bike robotic batman was born...

May I check with fellow Bat pod owners, did you guys encounter any crooked back pedal rest?
The back pedal rest is for the feet to rest against when the figure is riding the bat pod.
Mine is slightly crooked on the right and wondering if I should exchange it or just accept it...

Mine is not crooked

Thanks Kia825 and mine is slightly crooked but I guess I will live with it or try to see if I can straighten it in some ways without any damage.
I got a perfect tumbler but not a perfect bag pod...sigh...

Mine should be here within the hour. I hope it doesn't have any defects, since it will be the only Nolan vehicle in my collection. I had to return the Tumbler for broken pistons on the spoilers, and decided not to seek a replacement for fear of other headaches. I'm thinking that since the '89 Batmobile has less intricate parts, I won't have to worry about any problems.

Got this back from BBTS asking about the Batpod. Looks like it could be next week unless Thanksgiving messes it up. :yess: Don't screw this up for me Thanksgiving! lol

Good afternoon, we did receive word that the Bad-pod will hopefully arrive next week. That is not guaranteed, there may be shipping issues or the holiday could delay it. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Has it been answered if the attachement part for the back of the batpod version one i adaptable to the dx12 back?

Just picked mine up at UPS. Won't be able to unpack until tomorrow as I'm getting drunk at Quaker Steak and watching jayhawk basketball.

Finally opened mine up.

One of the hooks used for putting the arm guards in place doesn't exactly fit into the hole at the bottom. It's a tad too large. Isn't a huge problem but the arm guard will probably drop a lot when you're trying to pose your Bats on top. The other one fits well.

For some reason mine seems to bank to the left a bit; i.e. it doesn't exactly stand level to the ground. Might be because of how the pod was designed in the first place, and probably something to do with weight distribution. EDIT: My front wheel's a tad crooked. Not very noticeable except when you're looking it straight on at eye level.

I tried posing my DX02 on it, and managed to get him lying slightly down on the Pod; pretty sure it's really lying down on the Pod in the real thing. I went ahead and stuffed a bit of blu-tack between the head and the neck such that Bats can look in front instead of down. I didn't bother trying to pose Bats holding onto the grip; it was already a nightmare trying to get his legs in position. The elbow joints on my Bats were pretty stiff as well, so if you were to add that with the arm guard issue, it'd probably be almost impossible to pose with him grabbing onto the arm guard.

I didn't try the cape holder as well. That thing doesn't just look cheap, it is cheap. It's flimsy, and when I tried placing the cape alone on the cape holder by itself, the shape just won't form. I can see how the fabric is meant to keep that cheap plastic firm, but I'm seriously appalled that Hot Toys would re-release the Pod with such a cheap item in it.

No problems with my LED lights, but the banking thing does make the Pod look uneven when viewing up front. Had some trouble removing the screw as I couldn't find a screwdriver which was small enough. The cap for the batteries holds pretty well without the screws, so I just kept the screws with the plastic strap.

So overall, this would be perfect if not for the loose connector for the arm guard and that cheap plastic holder. Otherwise, the detail for the Pod is amazing, and no damages on mine at all - it's very well protected.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
I've actually decided to return mine. The handlebar was broken. Other than that though the vehicle just didn't seem worth the price. I was only collecting Batman stuff so I kind of impulsed it but then I bought Spider-Man and the truth is...the bat-pod looks amazing but its not really a "toy." The handlebars don't stay on, the figures barely get on it. I wanted it for Catwoman but the pod is pretty big and won't fit in a detolf. So...maybe I'll regret not keeping it considering I didn't get one with crooked guns or foot pads and the broken handlebar was fixable but that engine thing never stays on. Idk...I just finished packing it up. I couldn't really do anything with it other than just leave it there. But it definitely looked cool. Goodbye Bat-pod...

Mine arrived with a crooked wheel. I'll be displaying it from the side so it's not really noticeable. I also am having trouble with the arm guard supports. It seems like the hole they go into is too small. The engine cover doesn't stay on very well on mine, either. I'm hoping to find a video on YouTube that might show me how to make it more secure. I'm fairly new to this hobby, and had issues with broken parts on the Tumbler( which I returned), but it feels like you should have less issues to deal with out of the box with a $275 collectible. I can't imagine the QC issues on a 1/6 Bat...

Mine arrived with a crooked wheel. I'll be displaying it from the side so it's not really noticeable. I also am having trouble with the arm guard supports. It seems like the hole they go into is too small. The engine cover doesn't stay on very well on mine, either. I'm hoping to find a video on YouTube that might show me how to make it more secure. I'm fairly new to this hobby, and had issues with broken parts on the Tumbler( which I returned), but it feels like you should have less issues to deal with out of the box with a $275 collectible. I can't imagine the QC issues on a 1/6 Bat...
So the new version shares the same building mold as the previous version. I just used the cutter to shape the stick slightly thinner and the problem solved.

Back