Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd, shipping soon but still no new production pics?

This makes me nervous.

Has HT ever updated production pics? I doubt we'll see any official updated photos. I think updated pics for Kane and Dallas ALIEN figures came w/ the release of the figure.

eh doubt they will unless they release another one with the light up eyes

I can't discredit Hot Toy's but something is giving me serious doubts now about them. From the things I have been reading regarding huge changes is very off putting. If what is true with The Joker v1 first run that has the original paint, and supposedly rumours that the second run gets a new repaint... or the current Dark Knight suit/cowl is as is for the first run..., then/or the second run gets a new sculpt/cowl/belt and refinements... how are they allowed to do such major changes between runs?

Is that not a bit rather screwing their customers over...? *IF* it happens. Feels like the first release customers were like supposedly beta testers... or rather suckers? I have no complaints with they way they are at the moment, but when you see such drastic changes, how else are you suppose to feel, you know? this to me is how it would appear it feels they are treating them...?

Well, until there's photo proof, we don't know if the 2nd run of the first Joker will have bettered paint apps to the level of matching the film and not just subtle variation of what was already done on the first batch, and as far as the Batman's, we don't know yet what varies on it, but if there is variation it's no intent, it's rushed work by HT. They crank out these second runs and probably don't bother to try and exact match skin tones for molding so there's variation in that, and if the cape is indeed a little different, probably means they did a quick fabric sourcing, didn't have enough left over of the other material, and did what they could. It sucks for the collectors, but I don't think subtle variation is an intended move, just sloppyness on their part. If Joker gets a paint job true to the movie in the second batch, that'll be intent and a disservice to customers.

To my knowledge Hot Toys has never released a second run with better paint apps modified sculpt/belt, and additional accessories. So if you are worried about major updates with the second run I don't think you have to.

I do agree with you however and would like them keep both runs consistent. Hearing about the second run Batman having a better skin tone annoys me a little. I was also irked when the second run of the Alien vs. Predator Wolf Predator figure featured a better designed net suit (it could be worn easier-but looked the same). Nothing major but irritating nonetheless.

Trouble is it's all a gamble too. I got the first Hot Toys Jack Sparrow in the first wave and got a great skin tone, some folks I know got the second wave and it came out too dark and hurt the piece. Now it seems like second batch Batman's may leave those collectors in a slightly better position. Fortunately, I think the skin tone on the cowled head is a fairly small and subtle point and being an owner of the "dark" head, I don't think it's too dark at all and I'm fine with it. That said, if Hot Toys is going to do extra runs, and this isn't the first time, they should know by now to keep good records on each piece they make so the second run can exactly match the first.

Fortunately, I think the skin tone on the cowled head is a fairly small and subtle point and being an owner of the "dark" head, I don't think it's too dark at all and I'm fine with it.

I honestly can't tell any difference, apart from seeing somebody used the flash when taking that picture. Unless you see two versions side by side, who will tell.

It's drastic repaints that irritate me for The Joker, as I said IF it happens. I've read these were old prototype images. So really anything is up in the air. Though I still like The Joker as is.

I spoke with Toys2.net today and they are expecting TDK Batman in October. Perhaps early October, but they didn't expect it this week. Haven't they been a week or two behind Joe? This would fit that time-table then!

I spoke with Toys2.net today and they are expecting TDK Batman in October. Perhaps early October, but they didn't expect it this week. Haven't they been a week or two behind Joe? This would fit that time-table then!

Ya, they were like a week, 2 weeks later than Joe last time. Glad you heard from them, that's where my order is and makes me feel good knowing I've got time before that hits the card :rock

I just wanted to pay up on Batman before he arrives while I have a little money hanging around. It's hard enough trying to justify the cost of SS stuff to the wife, she'd probably kill me if she knows how much the tumbler is going to cost!

man im psyched about this figure, ive been waiting too long for this, i don't i even care about the accuracy for this fig as long as it looks half decent.

It's hard enough trying to justify the cost of SS stuff to the wife, she'd probably kill me if she knows how much the tumbler is going to cost!

Hope you wear some sort of protective suit to bed then! ¬_¬

That thing will probably sit on your grave, as the Tumbler sure isn't cheap. :)

[Edit] I had contacted ActionHQ to see if they had a date for this version.

Thank you for your email.

There should be a delay to the release of this figure from Hot Toys.

The Joker figure was also delayed for more than 1 month.

Although we cannot exactly tell you as we do not have confirmation from Hot Toys, it may just very well arrive at the end of this month.

Thank you
Best regards
Representative, for AHQ Team

Last edited:
hi, i'm new here..
just curious,
how many changes do you guys think about this new costume batman would take?
i think HT won't take much changes regarding the release month.
head sculpt, armor, gadget, and the cape, the rest of it (like the rubber suit material), body proportion won't take much changes.
what do you think guys?
51939528md5.jpg

hi, i'm new here..
just curious,
head sculpt, armor, gadget, and the cape, the rest of it (like the rubber suit material), body proportion won't take much changes.
what do you think guys?
51939528md5.jpg

hi, i'm new here..
just curious,
what do you think guys?
51939528md5.jpg

from what I've read and seen from other posts here, HT did tinker the belt and head sculpt. Here's some pics with the updated belt sculpt:

2722162964_995a9cc070_b.jpg

I dunno about any changes to body proportions or lower legs (which I hope hope HOPE they fix, but the figure looks quite good here.

2721336317_035bc802df_b.jpg

That's a great comparison shot you posted. I wonder how old the HT Batman is in the magazine scan.

2721336317_035bc802df_b.jpg

It's interesting, it never occurred to me, but a big factor in why Batman looks slimmer and the shoulders "fixed" in this image is the arm pose. I can tell looking at this shot that it's the TrueType shoulders being posed towards his back that's slimming things down, does it on regular figures too. His shoulders/upper body may still look broad like the prototype images when the arms are posed normal. Sure you can pose them like this too, but I'm not sure any change has actually been done in that area, perhaps just the cape, cowl and belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back