Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i cant pinpoint it but the legs seem to be missing something, maybe armor definition, but i must say it still looks great

yeah i cant pinpoint it but the legs seem to be missing something, maybe armor definition, but i must say it still looks great

To me, that's the greatest strength of the HT figure. It's accurrate in the patterning, but the defininition is subdued. I know a lot of folks want a direct translation, but for me, the leg armor is the real ugly point of the new design, waist up it's kinda cool the more I see it, but the design of the legs just doesn't sit well with me and I like how this figure, so far, captures it but doesn't pronounce it.

To me, that's the greatest strength of the HT figure. It's accurrate in the patterning, but the defininition is subdued. I know a lot of folks want a direct translation, but for me, the leg armor is the real ugly point of the new design, waist up it's kinda cool the more I see it, but the design of the legs just doesn't sit well with me and I like how this figure, so far, captures it but doesn't pronounce it.

:monkey4:banghead:mad::monkey2

Get out of this thread with your innaccuracy sympathizing:whip

:D

It's a grey area though, it's not totally innaccurate. The armor shapes and pattern and the mesh-like texture beneath are there, it's just the contrast between them is subdued. They're like 80% accurrate.

I really never liked how sucked in the neck was on the original V2, glad to see theyve tweaked that a bit by the looks of things. the comparison shot to the real photo there really shows my concerns, it was wayyyy off

It's a grey area though, it's not totally innaccurate. The armor shapes and pattern and the mesh-like texture beneath are there, it's just the contrast between them is subdued. They're like 80% accurrate.

Yep. I think the most recent pics show a really nice looking figure even though it isn't 100% accurate. I actually like the look of that figure more than I like the look of the actual movie costume.

i mean i love the looks of this figure but seeing that side by side pic makes me want a more slender fig with less exagerrated shoulder pads.

I think the shoulder pads may still seem bulky on the final figure, but here's the thing. Medicom's just making a figure to stand up and look like TDK Batman, but with Hot Toys, they're making one figure for figure collectors and Batpod buyers. The design of the HT suit is going to take liberties to stay as true as it can to the film but also allow the toy the be posed on the bike, and shoulder/arm articulation is the key point where they need to do the most work, his legs don't have to do anything extreme but the arms do for how he sits on that pod. Folks may not like some of how the figure looks, especially if you're not getting the pod, but I think folks getting the pod should be happy if some things look off because ultimately, however this figure looks, it should be engineered in a way you can mount him on the pod without fearing damaging the suit.

I'm excited for the photo possibilities this figure should offer. Begins suit looks beautiful, but if you don't want to tear the suit, it is somewhat limited in poses, especially the arms. I'm hoping I can get some cool stuff because this figure is made for the pod, particularly, i want to shoot him fighting like he did in the Dent party, it was cool he like held his fists up and hit Joker's goons with with his elbows. That kesei, if that's how it's spelled, fighting style they gave Batman for these movies is really cool and visually wild to watch, he attacks people like a bear just hammering through them, there's no karate-ness about it, just raw attacking.

I honestly doubt this figure has as much articulation as the medicom one will have maulfan. but hey I'm just speculating.

hi, i'm new here..
just curious,
how many changes do you guys think about this new costume batman would take?
i think HT won't take much changes regarding the release month.
head sculpt, armor, gadget, and the cape, the rest of it (like the rubber suit material), body proportion won't take much changes.
what do you think guys?
51939528md5.jpg

Why is Batman wearing a bra?.... :monkey3
I like the Begins suit way better, this suit looks like a Guyver wannabe IMO...

I'm excited for the photo possibilities this figure should offer. Begins suit looks beautiful, but if you don't want to tear the suit, it is somewhat limited in poses, especially the arms. I'm hoping I can get some cool stuff because this figure is made for the pod, particularly, i want to shoot him fighting like he did in the Dent party, it was cool he like held his fists up and hit Joker's goons with with his elbows. That kesei, if that's how it's spelled, fighting style they gave Batman for these movies is really cool and visually wild to watch, he attacks people like a bear just hammering through them, there's no karate-ness about it, just raw attacking.

If I remember correctly, it was called "Keysi" or something like that. Need to watch Disc-2 of the Batman Begins DVD again :p

There were alot of usage of the arms for that fighting style. Elbows, forearms etc.

But talking about the belt etc. I don't remember him using his Batarangs at all in "The Dark Knight". Did he? I know he did place them into the slots of his armory/storage cage in his hideout/basement before he decided to reveal himself the press.

If Hot Toys are going to include the Batarangs, is the clip going to be at the back of the belt, hidden?

I'm still waiting for my figure Hot Toys!

does anyone know what materials are used for the joints on the elbows and shoulders? I dont care much for the legs but upper body articulation is a must. Also, the neck. Speaking of Medicom, who here is thinking of buying Medicom Batman figs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back