Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the QS009 is discounted because it sucks not because the scale.
The Joker will sell like crazy and the QS001 has had a healthy after market for a while now.

The QS009 gets a lot of hate that it simply does not deserve. I have it AND the QS001, and they are both awesome.
Only thing I changed out is the capes on both and gave the QS009 the Bruce headsculpt from the QS001.

The QS009 gets a lot of hate that it simply does not deserve. I have it AND the QS001, and they are both awesome.
Only thing I changed out is the capes on both and gave the QS009 the Bruce headsculpt from the QS001.

Well, I like my qs009, but honestly I feel hot toys went the lazy route with that one. No pers/swappable eyes, not even the bomb accessories, but the most dissapointing for me maybe the crotch stand as it can easily do damage to the suit as dean knight mentioned in his YouTube channel.

It's cool you like yours but to me it's a glossy weak effort with a Keanu Reeves head. Hot Toys could have done way better.

The quality of QS009 has nothing to do with sales. If you look at past history of quarter scale figures they all take forever to sell out and go on discounts. Freaking EB T-800 went for like $250 at one point. EB Bats sat around. QS0001 went on discounts and took over a year to finally become harder to find at retail.

Unless you are an Iron Man or Heath Joker, you are going to want to get comfortable on the shelf.

I mean hell, look at the Joker right now, it's waitlisted and the proto for that looks way worse than QS009. Popularity > quality.

Last edited:
The quality of QS009 has nothing to do with sales. If you look at past history of quarter scale figures they all take forever to sell out and go on discounts. Freaking EB T-800 went for like $250 at one point. EB Bats sat around. QS0001 went on discounts and took over a year to finally become harder to find at retail.

Unless you are an Iron Man or Heath Joker, you are going to want to get comfortable on the shelf.

I mean hell, look at the Joker right now, it's waitlisted and the proto for that looks way worse than QS009. Popularity > quality.

This is why I don’t see them doing another rerelease of QS001 for a while if ever.

Well sure popularity matters too as the BB suit for whatever reason has never sold as well as the others but I remember buying the MMS 117 at a discount as well so no matter the scale popularity obviously plays a factor. The other Nolan 1/4 (both Enterbay and Hot Toys) figures didn't sell out till word of mouth about their quality and that isn't happening for the QS009 not to mention a lot of people already had a 1/4 BB suit and there is no clear reason to get this one as they both aren't perfect.

I think a lot comes down to screen accuracy. If I buy a Batman begins figure then you better be showing a pre order for scarecrow. Joker sold out because collectors had a TDK/TDKR batman to make it screen accurate.

Anybody else nervous as to why we have not seen any further updates regarding this figure......Or is it just me?

Even if this was to ship early January from China, Sideshow won't deliver this until March. And yet Sideshows website says the expected shipping is Dec 2018 - Jan 2019...which is two months off the true shipping date at best.

By the way, how are you guys planning to display this? In a detolf or something different?

When I do get it, it we’ll be detolf. Hope to get it on time this time and not hold back again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish they would just release it already. It’s Christmas, so HT should gift new pics of a completely reworked sculpt. That would be an exceptional gift this holiday season.

Yeah for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back