Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was there a change from the 1/4 Batman begins from prototype to finish product?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

No, nothing obvious anyway. They had a year to fix the satin finish of the suit to a screen accurate matte and left it the same lol.

I'll be glad if they realised that was a mistake and take the extra time to get this one more accurate.

Just emailed hot toys about the release date and will hopefully get a reply. But I’m sure what was posted is correct and it’s a delay till February, hopefully they reply back.

20265117_1638114756261501_158327891454486958_n (1).jpg
I think the exclusive is superb. I think the standard HS is substandard.

It does look a lot like Heath there on that angle, but not so much from front on.

Heath gets lost in that paintwork and simply does not do the character justice either.

Looking at the comparison pics, the paint work on the make up looks accurate to the screenshot, so I don't get what you expect them to do to make it look any better? :huh

20245330_1083633675103978_8005426528025610560_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hot Toys better be giving us the best damn Joker figure in the world, after all this waiting, otherwise they would loose some credibility by pulling such shenanigans. All these delays with no explanation. Keeping their fans in the dark. Not cool. A little bit of communication as to what is causing the delay would go a long way. Show some respect to the people who support your business.

Looks like hot toys just got serious .. Hopefully they give out updated screens soon

It does look a lot like Heath there on that angle, but not so much from front on.

Looking at the comparison pics, the paint work on the make up looks accurate to the screenshot, so I don't get what you expect them to do to make it look any better? :huh

View attachment 424142

Too much forehead on the HT sculpt,they need to shrink it a tad bit and it would do wonders. Someone with photoshop skills please make it happen.

Also on sideshow it's still saying September so I think will be getting it in September which I'm perfectly happy with. I like how it looks even with it not being 100% perfect.I've been waiting over a year, we all have been waiting a year, I just can't wait for this to come out finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too much forehead on the HT sculpt,they need to shrink it a tad bit and it would do wonders. Someone with photoshop skills please make it happen.

I think the forehead is the least of the problems with this sculpt, the main areas that need fixing are the eyes, nose and jawline. The mouth doesn't look too bad just shouldn't b slightly open. However, having a slight smirk or some kind of Joker expression would at least capture the character.

Why do people still assume Sideshow know anything? They are as in the dark as we are. If it released tomorrow in Hong Kong it still wouldn't reach Sideshow by September so that estimate isn't gonna happen.

I'm on the fence on this. Part of me want's this yesterday, the thought of another six month wait isn't appealing, but at the same time I want the best possible figure. If HT feel it needs improving I'd rather wait....reluctantly. :lol

View attachment 424142

tmp-cam--1202539554.jpg

Perhaps its the angle but this seems off. Agree though that front looks better when doing a comparison, sideshot not so much!

tmp-cam--1202539554.jpg

Perhaps its the angle but this seems off.

Looking at this the comparison pics on roughly the same angle, it still looks quite accurate here, if anything, I would say there is even less black around the eyes to hide Ledger's likeness on the HT sculpt.

mobheathvsHT.jpg

Agree though that front looks better when doing a comparison, sideshot not so much!

Yeah it's a shame, especially considering how good it looked on the pic you posted taken on that angle. :(

I think the forehead is the least of the problems with this sculpt, the main areas that need fixing are the eyes, nose and jawline. The mouth doesn't look too bad just shouldn't b slightly open. However, having a slight smirk or some kind of Joker expression would at least capture the character.

Looking at this the comparison pics on roughly the same angle, it still looks quite accurate here, if anything, I would say there is even less black around the eyes to hide Ledger's likeness on the HT sculpt.

View attachment 424225

Yeah it's a shame, especially considering how good it looked on the pic you posted taken on that angle. :(

Agreed other things need tweaked but the shape of HT skull is off its very clear with this comparison pic. They need to shrink that forehead some and cut them angles so its not so boxy on top,hes got a frankenstien head.

Agreed other things need tweaked but the shape of HT skull is off its very clear with this comparison pic.

No argument here man, just saying that it is not the most important issue, even if it was fixed, it still would not look like Ledger as the Joker.

They need to shrink that forehead some and cut them angles so its not so boxy on top,hes got a frankenstien head.

It would sure look less deformed if they did that.

Back