Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’re crazy.

tenor.jpg

Edit: Why do my gifs never work lol

Thank you, really like the sculpt.

Your welcome, I like it to, reminds me of Adams promo Joker sculpt, but with a much better likeness and realism.

I already have the prime 1 and enterbay version of the joker so if I were to buy a custom sculpt he should have a unique/vivid expression.

That's understandable, but the EB version does have a slight smirk, its not totally neutral.

I’m on the fence here. Are there collectors that are happy with the head sculpt of this figure? I like reading the varied opinions here even as they seem to trend more critical. Any optimism regarding the appearance of the final production version?

Appreciate your time. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m on the fence here. Are there collectors that are happy with the head sculpt of this figure? I like reading the varied opinions here even as they seem to trend more critical. Any optimism regarding the appearance of the final production version?

I am one of the people who are still. Dry happy with it and I still cant wait for this figure. I do have one or two things that can be fix but I am still very much happy with it and I just what it now. Just have to wait a little longer.

I am one of the people who are still. Dry happy with it and I still cant wait for this figure. I do have one or two things that can be fix but I am still very much happy with it and I just what it now. Just have to wait a little longer.

Thank you. I’ve only been collecting on this level for 2 years so it’s really helpful reading everyone’s opinion, especially those who have bee around since the beginning.

While I don’t like the HS this is an HT Figure in the end. This will sellout like it being WL already and those who miss out will be paying crazy prices later down the road. Like the QS001. Buy now it regret later. I have the EB Joker too. Ultimate bash coming soon.

Woop woop, let's get the hype train going, too much negativity surrounding it! Can't wait to see the final production photos! Also, second head sculpt so if I ever become rich and want a modded version, easy to do!

This should be a great piece regardless of 100% likeness, for sure the tailoring will be exceptional. This will be a put next to the TV piece so it's always in view :D

Thank you. I’ve only been collecting on this level for 2 years so it’s really helpful reading everyone’s opinion, especially those who have bee around since the beginning.

Oh yeah no problem. It is always good to hear lots of opinions

While I don’t like the HS this is an HT Figure in the end. This will sellout like it being WL already and those who miss out will be paying crazy prices later down the road. Like the QS001. Buy now it regret later. I have the EB Joker too. Ultimate bash coming soon.

Woop woop, let's get the hype train going, too much negativity surrounding it! Can't wait to see the final production photos! Also, second head sculpt so if I ever become rich and want a modded version, easy to do!

This should be a great piece regardless of 100% likeness, for sure the tailoring will be exceptional. This will be a put next to the TV piece so it's always in view :D

Thank you. You’re right, I would regret it if I didn’t jump in. I missed out on the sixth scale versions of this figure and I’ve already been bent over by eBay for the dx12 and dx09 and dx07. Sometimes it’s just nice to get in on the ground floor and have access to customer support if there is an issue.

I think that critical opinions are necessary and in this case warranted (hs) but as far as what is currently available or what I have access to, this is a great looking representation of that character.

Sean

Thank you. You’re right, I would regret it if I didn’t jump in. I missed out on the sixth scale versions of this figure and I’ve already been bent over by eBay for the dx12 and dx09 and dx07. Sometimes it’s just nice to get in on the ground floor and have access to customer support if there is an issue.

I think that critical opinions are necessary and in this case warranted (hs) but as far as what is currently available or what I have access to, this is a great looking representation of that character.

Sean

Definitely - but at this point it's going to be a great piece to have, and I think will command a lot of shelf presence, even in spite of it's crap base. And HS aside, if they don't change it they don't change it, so there's no point in complaining as clearly HT haven't listened and won't change the sculptor.

So at this moment, personally, having given my opinion the base is crap and the headsculpt should have been better, and this essentially should have been their best figure ever... I'm still hyped to get it and I think this thread could do with some more hype :D

I do feel the headsculpt should be better (assuming the final product is close to the prototype) but I'm still very much looking forward to the figure. Probably the nature of the long wait on these figures. Every detail is picked over and sometimes it comes across as being overly critical.

I to missed out on the DX11 so saying no to this was never an option.

Some of the complaints are definitely warranted for sure, and we all want the best product, but some have focused so much on things like the headsculpt not being 100% perfect that they are missing all the other awesome components to this beautiful piece. There is by far much more good than bad, thought I guess people always discuss the negatives more than the positives. :thud:

Some of the complaints are definitely warranted for sure, and we all want the best product, but some have focused so much on things like the headsculpt not being 100% perfect that they are missing all the other awesome components to this beautiful piece. There is by far much more good than bad, thought I guess people always discuss the negatives more than the positives. :thud:

No disrespect intended, but "the headsculpt not being 100%" is a very polite euphemism for what is basically just weak.

Besides that, I don't see that many awesome components to this figure. I expect great tailoring/accessories/articulation, and it will sell like hot cakes so people can see it as an investement, that's about all.

No disrespect intended, but "the headsculpt not being 100%" is a very polite euphemism for what is basically just weak.

Besides that, I don't see that many awesome components to this figure. I expect great tailoring/accessories/articulation, and it will sell like hot cakes so people can see it as an investement, that's about all.

:lecture

Agreed.

There are just too many things off with this sculpt to list.

Yeah pretty much.

Back