Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't want to rile up any fans of the Enterbay version but I must say the more I look at it the absolute better and better this version looks to me each time.

it will be better then the enterbay because the enterbay is made years ago

The Enterbay is amazing But it doesn't have the newly commissioned and approved by his family Exclusive head sculpt. The new HT 1/4 Joker is definitive. I even scooped up on eBay for $50 a Enterbay Joker 1/4 BAZOOKA Abecause it's the only thing that the Enterbay has above even the new HT 1/4 Joker butbonce you get that bazooka.

Would be nice for the HT Joker to have the bazooka too. Guess I didn't think about it until now. It's not as essential as a lot of the other accessories but still would have been nice to see.

That means nothing, Adams old sculpts are like nearly 10 years old and still have better likeness to Ledger than this sculpt.

Personally I still think the facial likeness is better on EBs.

split.jpg

The Enterbay is amazing But it doesn't have the newly commissioned and approved by his family Exclusive head sculpt.

Approved by his family does not mean anything if the sculptor doesn't have it them to get the likeness right.

The new HT 1/4 Joker is definitive. I even scooped up on eBay for $50 a Enterbay Joker 1/4 BAZOOKA Abecause it's the only thing that the Enterbay has above even the new HT 1/4 Joker butbonce you get that bazooka.

ATM the sculpt doesn't look definitive, but the figure overall will most likely be the definitive one out of the two, even if they don't change the head sculpt.

Last edited:
That means nothing, Adams old sculpts are like nearly 10 years old and still have better likeness to Ledger than this sculpt.

Personally I still think the facial likeness is better on EBs.

View attachment 359952

Approved by his family does not mean anything if the sculptor doesn't have it them to get the likeness right.

ATM the sculpt doesn't look definitive, but the figure overall will most likely be the definitive one out of the two, even if they don't change the head sculpt.

So Glad I have not opened my QS001 One they day after 1/4 Joker was announced it hit me like a bucket of Ice Water that QS001 would skyrocket. I immediately hit BUY NOW on the first Sealed new QS001 Exclusive there was $850 was painful. And so far the lowest price has been $1,000 I saved myself $150 the Seller and other sellers who let them go for $700 weeks earlier must be wanting to punch a wall. And I don't do this to make money just try not to throw away money. Heck I won't resell but a sealed QS001 Ex and a 1/4 Ex Joker minimum set for both will command $3,000.

Then again if I am right and HT has renewed the Dark Knight License as I think they have (why go through all the trouble of commissioning a new Heath Ledger head) to stop at a 1/4 piece.

I think we are in for a new 1/4 QS001 Dark Knight Ex with Cracked Alternate cowl and Other goodies and a new 1/6 Joker which In turn Will Drive Up DX12 Prices

So Glad I have not opened my QS001 One they day after 1/4 Joker was announced it hit me like a bucket of Ice Water that QS001 would skyrocket. I immediately hit BUY NOW on the first Sealed new QS001 Exclusive there was $850 was painful. And so far the lowest price has been $1,000 I saved myself $150 the Seller and other sellers who let them go for $700 weeks earlier must be wanting to punch a wall. And I don't do this to make money just try not to throw away money. Heck I won't resell but a sealed QS001 Ex and a 1/4 Ex Joker minimum set for both will command $3,000.

Then again if I am right and HT has renewed the Dark Knight License as I think they have (why go through all the trouble of commissioning a new Heath Ledger head) to stop at a 1/4 piece.

I think we are in for a new 1/4 QS001 Dark Knight Ex with Cracked Alternate cowl and Other goodies and a new 1/6 Joker which In turn Will Drive Up DX12 Prices

You are delusional. I can step out on eBay today and buy a sealed ex QS001 for $850 bucks. The batman prices will come down this is just a reaction to the new joker.

They will not be re-releasing another TDKR Batman, HT only has 9 1/4 scale figures since 2013 and they are mostly iron man. The fact DC/Batman now has three does not lead to more Batman. HT is a 1/6 scale company and is dabbling in the 1/4 to keep things interesting and perhaps get some statue buyers to take a look at the smaller scale.

Glad you had the sense to run out and pay double for something that was $425 dollars a month ago.

You may want to go run through a wall. :lol

You are delusional. I can step out on eBay today and buy a sealed ex QS001 for $850 bucks. The batman prices will come down this is just a reaction to the new joker.
They will not be re-releasing another TDKR Batman, HT only has 9 1/4 scale figures since 2013 and they are mostly iron man. The fact batman now has three does not lead to more batman. HT is a 1/6 scale company and is dabiling in the 1/4 to keep things interesting and perhaps get some statue buyers to take a look at the smaller scale.

Glad you had the sense to run out and pay double for something that was $425 dollars a month ago.

You may want to go run through a wall. :lol

I thought Howard told people who spoke to him at SDCC HT would be releasing more 1/4 from now on...Not that he is always true to his word of course. :lol

I thought I was missing something but I still see a lot of the quarter scale Batman figures listed at lower prices on EBay...not sure where the $1k value stuff is coming from...

I thought Howard told people who spoke to him at SDCC HT would be releasing more 1/4 from now on...Not that he is always true to his word of course. :lol

I think more 1/4 from Hot Toys would be good I am not A Statue collector and don't think a move to more 1/4 scales is logical more profit maybe. Compete with Enterbay HD Masterpieces at 1/4 Scale appeal to a more premium market. And buyers like me who don't like statues.

I really feels like Disney is out to buy Enterbay with Hot Toys making a move into more 1/4 Scale to grow their market share and take business away from Enterbay. Feels like even Hotoys wants to position themselves for a buyout.

But if Disney buys Hot Toys or Enterbay or both who then gets to make D.C. Figures leaves ThreeA, Sideshow, and ThreeZero among a few.

And who ever posted the QS001 Ex was $450 a month ago. I say two things try buying one now at that price and Buyers can never predict what will be released. And I did see one at about $500-$600 but I never really considered 1/4 Scale in my collection I am more than happy with 1/4 Dark Knight and Joker as centerpieces.

You are the best kind of mark for scalpers. Wait till something comes hot and you trip over yourself to over pay and then flaunt about it.
Enterbay has not produced a comic 1/4 scale figure in years. That's the problem with no 1/4 market HT tossed out this average Joker as it is. Had Enterbay Bill been able to get that NBA ball out of his ass and stop making 50 Michael Jordans we might have got a definitive Joker from HT and what the hell would Disney want or do with Enterbay? You feeling it like the Force?

Wait till November and December Batman prices will go down. Just because people list something for $1,000 doesn't mean it sells.

Yeah, lack of competition could and likely will hurt the chances of this sculpt getting tweaked. I'm hoping that's not the case and they'll fix it anyways, but who knows.

I don't think Disney buys toy companies...they have had agreements with Hasbro and Mattel and never purchased those companies...think they are focused on being more in the Entertainment business and licensing things like toys to other companies.

In their business, they make more money from licenses.

All they have to spend money on is quality oversight and making sure the "thing" being licensed does not leave a bad rep to the consumers.
If Hasbro starts half-assing Marvel Legends, Disney would probably find another toy company to license to as to not tarnish their name with said half-assed product.

You are the best kind of mark for scalpers. Wait till something comes hot and you trip over yourself to over pay and then flaunt about it.
Enterbay has not produced a comic 1/4 scale figure in years. That's the problem with no 1/4 market HT tossed out this average Joker as it is. Had Enterbay Bill been able to get that NBA ball out of his ass and stop making 50 Michael Jordans we might have got a definitive Joker from HT and what the hell would Disney want or do with Enterbay? You feeling it like the Force?

Wait till November and December Batman prices will go down. Just because people list something for $1,000 doesn't mean it sells.

Hey I had to buy 2 of those Enterbay Jordan's and they were not cheap. It's like I did not know they existed. They are amazing. I am a mark for the figures I like which thankfully is limited to 4 characters Joker, Batman, Ironman (with Tony Stark heads not the 200 house party clones) and Terminator. Will get an endoskeleton soon. Keeps me on Budget. I'll have to say had 1/4 Joker never existed I'd be $1,300 richer. But had to get QS001 and Ex 1/4 Joker. Probably never to be opened until a proper center display cabinet is done or I hire some Disney imagineers I know to design a glass enclosed diorama display.

If Bill gets that ball out of his ass EB would be out of business. Sure, people would say that he could get other licenses, perhaps from cult classics that HT would never bother laying a finger on but I doubt they'd sell as good as their NBA figures. They made gorgeous Jack Bauer and President Palmer figures with fantastic likenesses back when 24 was still hot and HT's best Tony Stark headsculpt looked like RDJ from a manga, but they didn't sell as much as EB hoped they would. Now with NBA they turned NBA fans and even some sneakerheads into doll collectors as well, even releasing a cheaper 1/9 scale version so they could cater to more people and convert them to collectors.

Enterbay truly was the one company that threatened HT like no other, making HT spend money on licenses they won't even make figures of just so EB can't make money (or continue to make money) off of them (or won't even make more than a single figure of -- Terminator 1/4, yeah?). With NBA, EB just found the license that would keep them afloat -- and Bill's Lambo running :lol

If Bill gets that ball out of his ass EB would be out of business. Sure, people would say that he could get other licenses, perhaps from cult classics that HT would never bother laying a finger on but I doubt they'd sell as good as their NBA figures. They made gorgeous Jack Bauer and President Palmer figures with fantastic likenesses back when 24 was still hot and HT's best Tony Stark headsculpt looked like RDJ from a manga, but they didn't sell as much as EB hoped they would. Now with NBA they turned NBA fans and even some sneakerheads into doll collectors as well, even releasing a cheaper 1/9 scale version so they could cater to more people and convert them to collectors.

Enterbay truly was the one company that threatened HT like no other, making HT spend money on licenses they won't even make figures of just so EB can't make money (or continue to make money) off of them (or won't even make more than a single figure of -- Terminator 1/4, yeah?). With NBA, EB just found the license that would keep them afloat -- and Bill's Lambo running :lol

:goodpost:

It's a shame HT kept on targeting and cornering Enterbay specifically. But to be fair, Enterbay has always been plagued with QC problems. I feel Blitzway is what EB would have been if they weren't locked down by HT. Who knows... they still have the talent and potential to rise again.

I thought I was missing something but I still see a lot of the quarter scale Batman figures listed at lower prices on EBay...not sure where the $1k value stuff is coming from...

It's just coming from 1 guy who overpaid for his QS001 on eBay, and thinks because there are a few 1k listings on eBay at the moment (most likely as a reaction to the Joker announcement), that is now what they are worth.

What something is listed for on eBay and what it actually sells for are 2 different things. If you want to know the actual value of it, then check out sold listings. People list stuff at stupid prices all the time, hoping someone will be dumb enough to pay. If you're patient and wait, you'll get one at a reasonable price. There's other places to buy a QS001 other than eBay, and most people who wanted a QS001 would already have one by now.

It's just coming from 1 guy who overpaid for his QS001 on eBay, and thinks because there are a few 1k listings on eBay at the moment (most likely as a reaction to the Joker announcement), that is now what they are worth.

What something is listed for on eBay and what it actually sells for are 2 different things. If you want to know the actual value of it, then check out sold listings. People list stuff at stupid prices all the time, hoping someone will be dumb enough to pay. If you're patient and wait, you'll get one at a reasonable price. There's other places to buy a QS001 other than eBay, and most people who wanted a QS001 would already have one by now.

I feel a little bad for the guy...most of the brand new ones that I am seeing as of today are going for around $700 at the highest...not sure why anyone would pay $850 in the face of these ASKING prices let alone $1,000...

Back