Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has it gone up for pre-order now?

That release date is way earlier than I imagined. Was expected late 2018 at the earliest.
I don't think so but I'm expecting it too very soon. I'm curious to see if it will sell out quickly or not.

I got this from the official Hot Toys website.

This was posted on FB.

20258427_1572964852737218_8096226271665955515_n.jpg

In US Dollars:
Mark 2: Diecast - $265-270
Thor: $195-200
Hulk: $280-285
Batman JLA: $215-220
Joker 1/4 : $445-450
Batman 1/4: $380-385

Are these the real prices?

Not sure if these have been shared yet here. Hot Toys posted these on Facebook about 3 hours ago.

eef48faf118a71abf91a2a5fe6dfdf70.jpg
eac850ad21fe3b1a650745d1d17cd997.jpg

No my point wasn't to educate you that Adam can sculpt Ledger Jokers with expression, I am just saying like you its a shame he didn't do it for Prime, granted that he only released that smiley sculpt this year, so that would explain why Prime's doesn't capture the character. Having said that, even Adam's older sculpts had more expression to them. It seems as time went on he choose to just do neutral expressions, because I think he was afraid of reducing the likeness of the actor. Not to mention people were already paying him thousands for his neutral expression sculpts, so he probably thought why bother trying to capture the Joker as well as Heath.
I know you did you are done with this conversation but I am curious, when has it ever backfired?
I agree with your points about Adam and his sculpts. sorry for reading into your post wrong :win1:

Regarding backfires: DX05 Indiana Jones, Dastan, RE: Alice, Roadblock, Commando John Matrix. That's all I can think of. Then there are the ones were something happened in production but you can't tell if it's a production issue or a sculpt tweak like ANH Luke, TFEX Begins Suit Bale sculpt, Bruce Banner and probably a few others.

I don't think so but I'm expecting it too very soon. I'm curious to see if it will sell out quickly or not.

I got this from the official Hot Toys website.

I think it will sell out very quick! And we know what that means for secondary market prices. I think it's best nab this quickly, if you change your mind it will be easy to sell on and probably make a profit to.

Same wish i would have kept my points and not used them for jedi luke. lol Didnt know 1/4 batman and joker would come out so fast.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

I've always been excited about a 1/4 Joker after having the dx11 and was waiting to see the official pics. You would think that out of HT, P1, and SS (at this scale).. someone would get it right.. sigh. I.. might.. pick this up only to hope of a better sculpt from someone else down the road. Looks like it's still the dx11 for me (which still looks a lot better imo).

Makes one hope for some sort of photo distortion for what the sculpt looks like in hand. Cannot unsee the gap now, the sculpt on the right looks sooo much better for the facial features but now the head is overly bulbous. Again as stated earlier there is much more sculpted hair it appears on this sculpt that is doing funny things with the face and the ears.

The paint is going to have to go a long way to make the sculpt pop.

Back