Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost:

But maybe we should just listen to Dude 2 and lock the thread because its good enough as it is. :lol

Yes I believe in him to, wherever he may be. :wink1:

He's the hero this figure deserves, but not the one it needs right now, so, we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian; a watchful protector; a dark knight.:lol

He's the hero this figure deserves, but not the one it needs right now, so, we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian; a watchful protector; a dark knight.:lol

:rotfl

That was classic, but I wonder who that masked man is. :rolleyes2

I am sure he will show up again, when we need him. :wink1:

I don't buy that HT wouldn't try to improve the prototype just because they have no competition. They spent nearly a year re-doing the WW figure to get the body right and improve the sculpt. It's still not to everyone's cup of tea but is an improvement on the prototype.

Who knows how rushed this was to get it ready for SDCC. Don't see them changing to rooted hair though and that is disappointing but not a deal breaker for me.

I've never understood the rooted hair thing. It just doesn't seem feasible to me with this character, in terms of mass production. Hell, most people who try it just as a one off utterly fail and wind up with a great sculpt looking like it has a party city wig glued to its head. It's not even the hair so much as it's the style. Chewbacca's one thing, but, if there's a way to capture that wet, greasy, stringy look that Ledger's do had in TDK on a mass scale, it's unknown to me.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Not sure it's been a long time since the QS001. I know they delete stuff though.

I don't buy that HT wouldn't try to improve the prototype just because they have no competition. They spent nearly a year re-doing the WW figure to get the body right and improve the sculpt.

Yeah but they didn't do a total resculpt, they just tweaked parts of the sculpt and u know the ones I mean. Even that wouldn't of happened if people didn't bash it so much both on here and on facebook.

It's still not to everyone's cup of tea but is an improvement on the prototype.

As most would agree.

Who knows how rushed this was to get it ready for SDCC. Don't see them changing to rooted hair though and that is disappointing but not a deal breaker for me.

No I can't see that happening either.

I've never understood the rooted hair thing. It just doesn't seem feasible to me with this character, in terms of mass production. Hell, most people who try it just as a one off utterly fail and wind up with a great sculpt looking like it has a party city wig glued to its head. It's not even the hair so much as it's the style. Chewbacca's one thing, but, if there's a way to capture that wet, greasy, stringy look that Ledger's do had in TDK on a mass scale, it's unknown to me.

I agree, its way too hard, personally I still don't think it looks 100% on the pro custom artist that do it, so producing it on a mass scale would be near impossible.

I don't buy that HT wouldn't try to improve the prototype just because they have no competition. They spent nearly a year re-doing the WW figure to get the body right and improve the sculpt. It's still not to everyone's cup of tea but is an improvement on the prototype.

I've never said this. I'm sure they're going to improve it, like every prototype. But i'm not so sure they'll put the amount of time and effort to redo it as the QS001. When you look at the final result of the qs001, you'd think they throwed the prototype away and started from scratch with a whole new sculpting-team. It looks in every way different and better. And just like the QS001 prototype, this one needs alot of improvements aswell and i really hope they will take their time to get this right and surprise us with a decent and beautiful endresult.

I've never said this. I'm sure they're going to improve it, like every prototype. But i'm not so sure they'll put the amount of time and effort to redo it as the QS001. When you look at the final result of the qs001, you'd think they throwed the prototype away and started from scratch with a whole new sculpting-team.

Yes I have yet to see them do this with any other sculpt, granted most of the time Hot Toys does a good job at sculpting there other actors. Their TDK line is their weakest lisence.

It looks in every way different and better. And just like the QS001 prototype, this one needs alot of improvements aswell and i really hope they will take their time to get this right and surprise us with a decent and beautiful endresult.

Sounds like you think they should just pull another QS001 and start from scratch, but this does look like Ledger unpainted, so obviously there is some resemblance.

So, gentlemen, what needs improved and how do they go about improving it?:lol

Well I have already mentioned what is off, time for someone else to offer what they think needs improving.

I've never said this. I'm sure they're going to improve it, like every prototype. But i'm not so sure they'll put the amount of time and effort to redo it as the QS001. When you look at the final result of the qs001, you'd think they throwed the prototype away and started from scratch with a whole new sculpting-team. It looks in every way different and better. And just like the QS001 prototype, this one needs alot of improvements aswell and i really hope they will take their time to get this right and surprise us with a decent and beautiful endresult.

Sadly I wasn't even aware of Hot Toys at the time QS001 was released and no nothing of it's prototype. As good as it looks I don't like TDK suit so I would have passed anyway. Hopefully the Begins Batman is built to the same standard, I love that suit.

I can see this sculpt is underwhelming especially when looking at the incredible detail on the Leto Joker's they have just released. I'll still likely buy this having missed the EB Joker and the DX11.

I had the EB Joker and I didn't like it so I sold it. The body was bad and the outfit was not that great. Their head sculpt was OK. No regrets selling it since then after seeing the aftermarket prices going up which I think is not worth 1k to buy though. I'm going to order this one and see for myself if I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Enterbay Joker and it's a solid figure. Everybody's entitled to their opinions so that's what makes this forum great.

Sadly I wasn't even aware of Hot Toys at the time QS001 was released and no nothing of it's prototype. As good as it looks I don't like TDK suit so I would have passed anyway.

If you google QS001 and you find HT's offical pics, that's the proto, because Hot Toys didn't change the pictures, even after they redid the entire cowl sculpts and face plates. You will notice the big bug eyes and girly smiley looking face plates. :lol

Hopefully the Begins Batman is built to the same standard, I love that suit.

I am sure it will.

I can see this sculpt is underwhelming especially when looking at the incredible detail on the Leto Joker's they have just released. I'll still likely buy this having missed the EB Joker and the DX11.

Like Stanlore said, it Looks similar to the NECA sculpt, which is still not really a bad sculpt, but there is no wow factor about it, just like this one.

I had the EB Joker and I didn't like it so I sold it. The body was bad and the outfit was not that great. Their head sculpt was OK.

It's the only one that has best facial likeness to Ledger though that has been mass produced, but the overall likeness like the shape of the sculpt is what brings it down the most, so I can why you would think the sculpt was only ok.

No regrets selling it since then after seeing the aftermarket prices going up which I think is not worth 1k to buy though. I'm going to order this one and see for myself if I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree it's not worth that, I am betting it will decrease in value once this figure gets released.

I have the Enterbay Joker and it's a solid figure.

So you had no issues with it at all?

Everybody's entitled to their opinions so that's what makes this forum great.

Yes they are, people can bash the EB sculpt all they want and I am not going to get defensive about it, nor care what people think. If someone says its horrible, I just respond by pointing out the major areas of the sculpt that are accurate, which IMO make it the best mass produced Ledger sculpt. That being said, I know its a long away from being perfect.

Last edited:
If you google QS001 and you find HT's offical pics, that's the proto, because Hot Toys didn't change the pictures, even after they redid the entire cowl sculpts and face plates. You will notice the big bug eyes and girly smiley looking face plates. :lol

Don't forget those classy poses :lol

Sadly I wasn't even aware of Hot Toys at the time QS001 was released and no nothing of it's prototype. As good as it looks I don't like TDK suit so I would have passed anyway. Hopefully the Begins Batman is built to the same standard, I love that suit.

Just like Darkavatar said, you can see them in the first page of its own thread. Here's also a picture of it, when HT showed it up for the first time at the ACG HK 2012:

qsbat2.jpg

Just like Darkavatar said, you can see them in the first page of its own thread. Here's also a picture of it, when HT showed it up for the first time at the ACG HK 2012:

qsbat2.jpg
I would never have bought that.

Thank god we got what we did. Still my favourite figure!!!

Oh yeah totally forgot about them. :slap

Just like Darkavatar said, you can see them in the first page of its own thread.

Here's also a picture of it, when HT showed it up for the first time at the ACG HK 2012:

qsbat2.jpg

Now that's a classy pose. :rolleyes2

I find it strange how they could pose a figure like that, it's like they really didn't care, those dam bug eyes really show on that cowl, and the mouth piece looks nothing like Bale.

qsbat2.jpg

:horror Oh wow that is ugly! Thanks for posting.
If this 1/4 Joker improves even half as much as the qs001 did it will be pretty awesome.

Back