Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:horror Oh wow that is ugly! Thanks for posting.
If this 1/4 Joker improves even half as much as the qs001 did it will be pretty awesome.

Yes it would, but it's much easier to sculpt cowls and mouth plates than it is to re- sculpt an entire head, which is as Thrustmaster implied needs to happen, since so many things are off with this Joker sculpt.

is that the old batman 1/4?

No it's the proto that never got released because of the back lash it got.

This still looks remarkable. Just some updates to HS. I'm totally buying this.

:) Me to. Hope it goes up for pre-order fairly soon along with the 1/4 Begins Batman. I'll be displaying them together even though it's obviously not screen accurate. Love the Begins suit, don't care for TDK version. It's still Bale Batman with Ledger Joker so good enough for me. :lol

:) Me to. Hope it goes up for pre-order fairly soon along with the 1/4 Begins Batman. I'll be displaying them together even though it's obviously not screen accurate. Love the Begins suit, don't care for TDK version. It's still Bale Batman with Ledger Joker so good enough for me. :lol

Exactly. They look amazing together. Begins is my fav armor too. Just hope the cost isn't too crazy

It's still an accurate dark knight display.

This needs an overhaul from top to bottom.

Somebody posted this in OSR, and I have no idea where the original post went, but I managed to save it, and, honestly, I feel like that's where this needs to be in term of likeness:

IMG_0709.JPG

Now, if only someone could modify the hair on the amended pic, I feel like we'd be in business.:lol

Somebody posted this in OSR, and I have no idea where the original post went, but I managed to save it, and, honestly, I feel like that's where this needs to be in term of likeness:

IMG_0709.JPG

They forgot to fix the nose, the right nostril is so much lower than left nostril, even with that fixed, its still no where near accurate. For starters the brow shape should be arched more and not angular so much that can't see his eye lids. Here are three comparison pics below, from some reason it's hard to find a good portrait as Ledger as the Joker.

joker2292012.jpg

only.jpg

85cff23f92ee27810a23ee160cb47bba--joker-heath-the-joker.jpg

Now, if only someone could modify the hair on the amended pic, I feel like we'd be in business.:lol

First fix the facial likeness, then worry about minor issues like the hair.

Last edited:
Good pic Cap, but just like my Joker pics it's still harder to see the features of Ledger's face. :(

Looked a little harder and finally found a good one where you can clearly see Ledger's features.

Best one.jpg

If you combine that with the HT sculpt you can how off the likeness is.

Last edited:

View attachment 355195

The mouth is very much improved there. You can almost see him about to say something in that Joker voice.

Hmm. Not understanding all the hate this is getting. No doubt it'll be excellent upon release. I'll be picking up this and the Batman Begins 1/4 scale figure (even though that's not my favorite suit).

They forgot to fix the nose, the right nostril is so much lower than left nostril, even with that fixed, its still no where near accurate. For starters the brow shape should be arched more and not angular so much that can't see his eye lids. Here are three comparison pics below, from some reason it's hard to find a good portrait as Ledger as the Joker.

View attachment 355215

View attachment 355214

View attachment 355216

First fix the facial likeness, then worry about minor issues like the hair.

All good points and refs DA.

Here's another:

868cf27f2ace5d37580ba521a9977529.jpg

That's an excellent list. Now you just need to find someone who can manifest it in a photoshopped pic. I think listing the issues is one thing, but giving them a visual representation to shoot towards really helps.

Back