Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some one on the hot toys fb group photo shopped the hot toys head sculpt to the original photo. I definitely think the problem is the hair and the ears. wish the expression was also a bit more intimidating.

Some one on the hot toys fb group photo shopped the hot toys head sculpt to the original photo. I definitely think the problem is the hair and the ears. wish the expression was also a bit more intimidating.

Looks ok when you look at there but when you compare to the actual shot, you can see how off the likeness is.

facefront-1.jpg

The face shape looks quite accurate but everything else is off, the eyes are way too small and the brow shape is angular when it should be arched, which evidently is making the eyes appear smaller. The worst thing about is the nose, it's deformed, one nostril is lower than the other.

For me overall it looks far better than EBs. The tailoring on HTs is so much better and we all know the quality is going to be much better. I never got the EB Joker but i saw it in-hand and never liked it. If i had it now, i would totally sell it and use the money to get HTs plus you will have $$ left over if they are still going for $800 or so. But it might start to go down in price now that this is revealed.

Looks ok when you look at there but when you compare to the actual shot, you can see how off the likeness is.

View attachment 354729

The face shape looks quite accurate but everything else is off, the eyes are way too small and the brow shape is angular when it should be arched, which evidently is making the eyes appear smaller. The worst thing about is the nose, it's deformed, one nostril is lower than the other.

Isn't that why they have so much time between prototype and release to fix these details? I think it's a decent starting point for them but underwhelming compared to the 1/4 Batman Begins prototype.
The smaller eyes are really noticeable now you've mentioned it. I can't unsee them, hope they fix that.

For me overall it looks far better than EBs. The tailoring on HTs is so much better and we all know the quality is going to be much better. I never got the EB Joker but i saw it in-hand and never liked it. If i had it now, i would totally sell it and use the money to get HTs plus you will have $$ left over if they are still going for $800 or so. But it might start to go down in price now that this is revealed.

I think so too, and ****, it's not like the EB is easily obtainable anyway. If you have one, and are happy with it, keep it. I'm not paying 1K for it anytime soon.

This will do, and for ****s sakes, it will get tweaked. Remember QS001?

yeah, chill.

For me overall it looks far better than EBs.

Whether or not its better than EBs is debatable, IMO the EB one is better but I can see how some would not see that. I actually see aspects on this sculpt that are similar to EBs though.

The tailoring on HTs is so much better and we all know the quality is going to be much better.

True the EB clothing quality is just horrible. The tailoring would be even better though if it was done by Kato.

I never got the EB Joker but i saw it in-hand and never liked it.

Likeness is subjective, some people will see pros with that sculpt, whereas others will only see the cons, and yes EB has many, which is why Zack resculpted it.

If i had it now, i would totally sell it and use the money to get HTs plus you will have $$ left over if they are still going for $800 or so. But it might start to go down in price now that this is revealed.

I am betting it will, most people prefer Hot Toys, even if most people think the overall likeness is better on EBs.

Whether or not its better than EBs is debatable, IMO the EB one is better but I can see how some would not see that. I actually see aspects on this sculpt that are similar to EBs.

True the EB clothing quality is just horrible. The tailoring would be even better though if it was done by Kato.

Likeness is subjective, some people will see pros with that sculpt, whereas others will only see the cons, and yes EB has many, which is why Zack resculpted it.

I am betting it will, most people prefer Hot Toys, even if the overall likeness is better on EBs.

yeah, i care more about the overall figure than just the HS. EBs clothing is cheap as well as their bodies IMO. Some might like it, but I just couldn't. I won't make comments on the HS just yet until HTs shows us final product which we got a long time for that. And even then, I am sure it going to be nice high quality. Will it be 100% perfection, no probably not. But i am more interested in a nice quality high-end figure where if i'm spending $500 or so I feel its worth it, like with their TDKR 1/4 is my favorite HTs Batman. I wasnt even interested in this scale until i got the TDKR 1/4 and then i was like man, I need the Joker!!! :)

Just never felt EBs was worth the retail price and certainly not the $800 or so it goes for now. :lol

Im just not Headsculpt crazy/obsessed like some of the Freaks. I love HTs products and thats all I really care about. If they make a character I love, then i'll be buying it :)

Isn't that why they have so much time between prototype and release to fix these details? I think it's a decent starting point for them but underwhelming compared to the 1/4 Batman Begins prototype.
The smaller eyes are really noticeable now you've mentioned it. I can't unsee them, hope they fix that.

TBF EB has the same issue. It will be the last I mention anything wrong with this, since people want the thread to be locked if you point out what is wrong with the sculpt. Nothing will get tweaked if u don't point out the major flaws with this and so far I am the only one doing it, everyone else uses excuses like expression is wrong and that's whats affecting the likeness. The QS001 only got tweaked because someone bashed the hell out of the proto on here and on Hot Toys facebook page under a ghost account.

yeah, i care more about the overall figure than just the HS. EBs clothing is cheap as well as their bodies IMO.

No that's actually a fact.

Some might like it, but I just couldn't.

Like I said people see things differently.

I won't make comments on the HS just yet until HTs shows us final product which we got a long time for that.

No one is saying you have to.

And even then, I am sure it going to be nice high quality. Will it be 100% perfection, no probably not. But i am more interested in a nice quality high-end figure where if i'm spending $500 or so I feel its worth it, like with their TDKR 1/4 is my favorite HTs Batman. I wasnt even interested in this scale until i got the TDKR 1/4 and then i was like man, I need the Joker!!! :)

Well if it's quality you want then Hot Toys is the way to go.

Just never felt EBs was worth the retail price and certainly not the $800 or so it goes for now. :lol

It actually goes for over 1K now, and yes because of the poor quality I would say its not worth it.

Im just not Headsculpt crazy/obsessed like some of the Freaks. I love HTs products and thats all I really care about. If they make a character I love, then i'll be buying it :)

Well as long as your happy that is fine but no one should be against people that are criticizing this sculpt. Unless it turns into an EB vs HT or Adam vs HT debate.

The QS001 only got tweaked because someone bashed the hell out of the proto on here and on Hot Toys facebook page under a ghost account.

I can't remember anyone have used a ghost account, they were actually bashed by EB. HT had the feeling to be the top dog, when it came to the Batman license, they felt comfortable. EB surprisingly got the 1/4 TDK license and showed their first teasers of their 1/4 line. HT felt impelled to go the 1/4 route aswell and failed hard with their first prototype, when it came to the showdown and both companies showed their prototypes. It was then the competition between HT and EB, which happened at the same time, and peoples negative reaction for the HT prototype and love for the EB prototype which forced HT to do sth and to redo the whole figure from top to bottom, as they didn't want to loose their buyers to their archrival. That competition brought us then the QS001.

As for the Joker and this case now, there is no real competition, there is no other company which can bring us an alternate solution and which can force HT to redo this figure. I'm sure HT is getting the dissapointment, but i'm not sure that HT will do the same efforts to redo the figure as back in the time with the QS001 and this one here needs this effort badly. But I really do hope so. I was also waiting for HT attempt, as I never liked the EB version and that's why i've never bought it from the beginning. They have to improve this one here that much, as the QS001 back at the time to gauge my interest in buying it. As for now, i'm not impressed and dissappointed by this attempt. You see all the beautiful figures with all the strong likenesses from the BVS line and so I've expected an highly improved Joker figure from them. Instead of getting a 'next gen' HT Heath Joker version, it's almost a step backwards figure, and that is why it disappoints me.

Dude 1: "It's a great start, but there are several inaccuracies that need to be corrected and the likeness is not quite there, yet."

Dude 2: *proceeds to ***** out dude 1*

Dude 1: "I think this needs to be fixed, as well as this and this."

Dude 2: "Shut up. Looks fine to me."

10 months later...

Dude 1: "Wow! It looks so much better than the prototype! I can't believe they listened!"

Dude 2: "Wow! It looks so much better than the prototype!"

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

TBF EB has the same issue. It will be the last I mention anything wrong with this, since people want the thread to be locked if you point out what is wrong with the sculpt. Nothing will get tweaked if u don't point out the major flaws with this and so far I am the only one doing it, everyone else uses excuses like expression is wrong and that's whats affecting the likeness. The QS001 only got tweaked because someone bashed the hell out of the proto on here and on Hot Toys facebook page under a ghost account.

I believe in John Roberts.:wink1:

I can't remember anyone have used a ghost account, they were actually bashed by EB. HT had the feeling to be the top dog, when it came to the Batman license, they felt comfortable. EB surprisingly got the 1/4 TDK license and showed their first teasers of their 1/4 line. HT felt impelled to go the 1/4 route aswell and failed hard with their first prototype, when it came to the showdown and both companies showed their prototypes. It was then the competition between HT and EB, which happened at the same time, and peoples negative reaction for the HT prototype and love for the EB prototype which forced HT to do sth and to redo the whole figure from top to bottom, as they didn't want to loose their buyers to their archrival. That competition brought us then the QS001.

As for the Joker and this case now, there is no real competition, there is no other company which can bring us an alternate solution and which can force HT to redo this figure. I'm sure HT is getting the dissapointment, but i'm not sure that HT will do the same efforts to redo the figure as back in the time with the QS001 and this one here needs this effort badly. But I really do hope so. I was also waiting for HT attempt, as I never liked the EB version and that's why i've never bought it from the beginning. They have to improve this one here that much, as the QS001 back at the time to gauge my interest in buying it. As for now, i'm not impressed and dissappointed by this attempt. You see all the beautiful figures with all the strong likenesses from the BVS line and so I've expected an highly improved Joker figure from them. Instead of getting a 'next gen' HT Heath Joker version, it's almost a step backwards figure, and that is why it disappoints me.

This is true.

They have no reason to beat anyone now since, well, there's no one to beat.

A shame.

I can't remember anyone have used a ghost account, they were actually bashed by EB. HT had the feeling to be the top dog, when it came to the Batman license, they felt comfortable. EB surprisingly got the 1/4 TDK license and showed their first teasers of their 1/4 line. HT felt impelled to go the 1/4 route aswell and failed hard with their first prototype, when it came to the showdown and both companies showed their prototypes.

Well he bragged about it on here that it was him that caused the change it is probably still in the QS001 thread he used a different name on Facebook. Maybe it wasn't just him but he was the one that took credit.

It was then the competition between HT and EB, which happened at the same time, and peoples negative reaction for the HT prototype and love for the EB prototype which forced HT to do sth and to redo the whole figure from top to bottom, as they didn't want to loose their buyers to their archrival. That competition brought us then the QS001.

Well regardless, whether it was one person or several, the point is people bashed the hell out of how horrible it looked, which is why Hot Toys changed it. However, if they only did this because they were trying to compete with EB, then that's pretty bad.

As for the Joker and this case now, there is no real competition, there is no other company which can bring us an alternate solution and which can force HT to redo this figure. I'm sure HT is getting the dissapointment, but i'm not sure that HT will do the same efforts to redo the figure as back in the time with the QS001 and this one here needs this effort badly.

Well they tweaked the WW head sculpt, so its possible they will tweak this but I highly doubt they will do a complete redo-over like they did with the QS001.

But I really do hope so. I was also waiting for HT attempt, as I never liked the EB version and that's why i've never bought it from the beginning. They have to improve this one here that much, as the QS001 back at the time to gauge my interest in buying it. As for now, i'm not impressed and dissappointed by this attempt. You see all the beautiful figures with all the strong likenesses from the BVS line and so I've expected an highly improved Joker figure from them. Instead of getting a 'next gen' HT Heath Joker version, it's almost a step backwards figure, and that is why it disappoints me.

:exactly:

Whereas everything else is getting better, like the Training sculpt WW etc and just about every other character.

Last edited:
Dude 1: "It's a great start, but there are several inaccuracies that need to be corrected and the likeness is not quite there, yet."

Dude 2: *proceeds to ***** out dude 1*

Dude 1: "I think this needs to be fixed, as well as this and this."

Dude 2: "Shut up. Looks fine to me."

10 months later...

Dude 1: "Wow! It looks so much better than the prototype! I can't believe they listened!"

Dude 2: "Wow! It looks so much better than the prototype!"

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

:goodpost:

But maybe this time we should just listen to Dude 2 and lock the thread because its good enough as it is. :lol

I believe in John Roberts.:wink1:

Yes I believe in him to, wherever he may be. :wink1:

Last edited:
Back