Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F532E252-5003-44D2-9B3F-A8A820AD912C.jpg

Just got this guy yesterday. The tailoring is on a different level.

Wow great use of lighting, the sculpt looks quite good in those pictures. :clap

Surprise surprise
The 31st July has come & gone & despite my notice from
Sideshow that it would be charged on this date.
I have not been charged or received shipping notice.
Think I’m entitled to a discount now?
Bearing in mind I ordered the exclusive day one of pre order 26 July 2017!
I must be the only one who hasn’t received it from sideshow

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

Oh man sorry to hear that, l spoke to live chat yesterday and they told me they are just receiving their second batch, so l doubt you are the only one that hasn't received theirs from Sideshow. I think you should contact them again to see what is going on.

KG Hobby have upped my discount to 15% now but still no word on when I'll get the figure. At this rate I'll end up getting it for free sometime in 2025.

KG Hobby have upped my discount to 15% now but still no word on when I'll get the figure. At this rate I'll end up getting it for free sometime in 2025.

I know this is awful but iv actually taken some comfort in your annoyance with this figure too.
Purely that it’s not just me-but rest easy as you have me beat.
Iv yet to hear a word back from sideshow on a discount & im gonna get stung with a custom fee-if I ever get it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is awful but iv actually taken some comfort in your annoyance with this figure too.
Purely that it’s not just me-but rest easy as you have me beat.
Iv yet to hear a word back from sideshow on a discount & im gonna get stung with a custom fee-if I ever get it [emoji106]

Thanks...I think lol. Sideshow definitely owe you a discount! KG Hobby are a much smaller operation and I do believe their mistake on my figure was genuine.

No excuse for Sideshow to mess you around for so long.

£100, they surely over charged you? I got the Prime 1 Hush Batman from Sideshow recently. That cost nearly $1300 after shipping but the import tax was only £60.

No idea even how to check if they have, but nah, just had to pay DHL £101 quid. Insane... Really puts into perspective for me about collecting anymore. At least from Sideshow, my last payment plus shipping was shy off a hundred pounds, add that 101 import tax and that's a whole new piece...

Awesome idea with the split shelves-it looks great!
What did you use for your shaped shelf and did you cut it yourself

Thanks! Not my idea though. :) I saw it on eBay at an outrageous price and thought I’d make my own. It’s a piece of 1/4” plexiglass cut and drilled for two of my figure supports to fit into.

If anybody wants one or more I’d be happy to make them available.

Just an FYI for anyone interested. I received my collectors edition Joker(non exclusive) yesterday and posted it in the For Sale thread with pics.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just received notification that’s it’s been sent via Hong Kong, been a long drawn out wait for this
I hope it’s been worth it

Just received notification that’s it’s been sent via Hong Kong, been a long drawn out wait for this
I hope it’s been worth it

Bought from Sideshow? I am still waiting KGhobby and i am waiting and waiting..... still waiting yes.
Thank god i am fisherman so i am learn for patience.

Yes from sideshow, I thought I was the only one still waiting

No idea even how to check if they have, but nah, just had to pay DHL £101 quid. Insane... Really puts into perspective for me about collecting anymore. At least from Sideshow, my last payment plus shipping was shy off a hundred pounds, add that 101 import tax and that's a whole new piece...

DHL charged me £100 custom fees for my exclusive joker, not sure how they work out the custom
Charges as last wk I got the 1/4 batman begins figure & they charged me £87.
Same size box and weight

DHL charged me £100 custom fees for my exclusive joker, not sure how they work out the custom
Charges as last wk I got the 1/4 batman begins figure & they charged me £87.
Same size box and weight

And I only paid £60 on a $1k plus statue via DHL. Makes no sense! Now I'm really worried how much I'll be taxed for the Prime 1 DK3 Batman. Why aren't these things consistent?

He finally showed up today. Overall I'm really happy. The stand is cumbersome and the crotchgrabber isn't good for much. I replaced it with a waistgrabber bit I had laying around. The tailoring is solid, and fortunately I don't see any difference in the collar lengths, so I think I'm all good. Why on earth they didn't do a double jointed elbow is beyond me, as his arm only bends 90 degrees currently. Still, he'll look great next to my 1/4 scale TDK Bats.

IMG_5381.jpg

Hi, guys and gals!

I’m a long time lurker who finally decided to join in the conversation. Most of the crap I own I originally found out about here. Anyway, onto the discussion!

I got my EX in about two weeks ago and I love it. I’m really glad HT decided to tweak the head sculpt before release as I thought the prototype looked too much like “The Crow.” The only thing that bothers me is I can’t feel or hear the head pop into its ball joint on mine. I’m 99.9% sure it’s in there, because he’s not sporting a giraffe neck, but it’s still irksome. I also took the advice from this thread and ordered one of the waist grabbers before the figure even came. This wasn’t my first Hot Toy figure and I cannot say it’s the best one I have (AoU Hulkbuster), but I still think it’s great!

Well it’s finally here.
It’s only taken 741 days since I preordered it as soon as it went up on sideshow

Just got my invoice from KG Hobby...FINALLY!!!!!! :lol

My expectations are low of the headsculpts so don't think I'll be too disappointed. Enjoy it for what it is until I can afford to either get one of the heads repainted and haired or get a custom.

Back