Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It not useless but if u have him high up on a shelf, it's not strong enough to support him fully, thus, he has the potential to full off the shelf.

Have you got yours yet? curious to know what you think of it in hand.

I'm hopefully of getting mine just before Christmas lol

Finally got my shipping notice from sideshow, should ship Wednesday next wk.
That’s over 2years since I pre ordered on day one it went up on the 26th July.
Think this will be the last purchase I make from sideshow, really not happy with their service.
If you pre order day one you should be ahead in line of people who pre ordered it after you, but that’s not how sideshow operate.
Really kinda spoiled this release for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine also... finally.

You live in the UK also? I think I'm gonna give up on Sideshow and just stick with KG. Th eonly reason I go sideshow is incase of damage and payment plans and rewards. But in reality rewards are only worth it for those who live in the US, as the shipping is beyond stupid, then add the import taxes sideshow is just not worth it for international buyers, not to mention treated differently. Really wish there was a decent European hub, like Oz have Popcultcha, US Sideshow....

You live in the UK also? I think I'm gonna give up on Sideshow and just stick with KG. Th eonly reason I go sideshow is incase of damage and payment plans and rewards. But in reality rewards are only worth it for those who live in the US, as the shipping is beyond stupid, then add the import taxes sideshow is just not worth it for international buyers, not to mention treated differently. Really wish there was a decent European hub, like Oz have Popcultcha, US Sideshow....

KG Hobby still have no shipping date for mine so not sure they are worth bothering with either. Having made more upfront I was supposed to get within about two weeks of release....more than two months later still no sign.

Yeah I’m in the uk too,
Iv ordered a few things from sideshow, mostly things that I know will sell out immediately-exclusives like suicide squad batman etc & like you for the re assurance that if anything is wrong-I can’t fault them that way. Every time iv had a fault iv had no problem getting replacements.
Saying that tho I’d say out of the 20 figures iv ordered from sideshow at least 5 iv had problems with.
Compared to the 100+iv ordered from Hong Kong direct & had problems with 2. Both times I received full replacements from my Hong Kong seller.
Sideshows rewards programme is a joke-what you overpay with them negates the reward & your still losing money
The shipping is shocking but the custom fees kill it-£87 for 1:4 and £50-60 for 1:6
Compared to cheaper ems shipping from Hong Kong with no custom fees.
Even at this stage now, the fact iv had to wait so long for the joker has ruined it for me-I’d of rather paid more & received it earlier than wait 4 months for it.
As it stands the hot toys joker has cost me £570 from sideshow.
I should of just got it from Hong Kong direct & I won’t make this mistake again

Also just realised the proposed shipping date they gave me is Wednesday the 31st July.
Conveniently the last day of sideshows estimated arrival window.
After this date you can cancel your order & receive your deposit back & reward points used to order.
I got a feeling it won’t be posted next Wednesday....

According to one guy I was getting it from their European warehouse but then someone else told me I was getting it straight from Hong Kong.

You would think I’d receive the 1st batch if it was coming direct from Hong Kong tho?

Basically they just gave me excuse after excuse.

Be interesting to see where it ships from when I get my tracking number....

Yeah sounds like they are giving you the run around anyway good luck man, hope you get yours soon.

Have you got yours yet? curious to know what you think of it in hand.

Yes I have, I got it this week, just haven't had the time until now to take any pictures. The mob painted sculpt pretty much looks the same as it does in pictures but I found the EX looked better in hand for some reason. I know someone previously said on here that from front on the Hot Toys Mob painted sculpt looks better than EBs but I would have to disagree. I can't notice Ledger at all when I look at the sculpt directly straight on, whereas EBs I can, despite that oblong head shape. The facial features like the nose, mouth and eyes are better on EBs, but the head shape is definitely better on the Hot Toy's sculpt; so that's why others may prefer Hot Toys one over EBs.

This is the only angle from front on where I can see Heath in the mob painted sculpt for some reason.

Heath.jpg

Obviously what I said is just an opinion and I am not saying one sculpt is better than the other as a fact, I just see Ledger more in the EB sculpt.

I'm hopefully of getting mine just before Christmas lol

Did they say what the hold up is?

Also just realised the proposed shipping date they gave me is Wednesday the 31st July.
Conveniently the last day of sideshows estimated arrival window.
After this date you can cancel your order & receive your deposit back & reward points used to order.
I got a feeling it won’t be posted next Wednesday....

Ahh man I hope it does get posted then and that date is just a coincidence.

Last edited:
Yes I have, I got it this week, just haven't had the time until now to take any pictures. The mob painted sculpt pretty much looks the same as it does in pictures but I found the EX looked better in hand for some reason. I know someone previously said on here that from front on the Hot Toys Mob painted sculpt looks better than EBs but I would have to disagree. I can't notice Ledger at all when I look at the sculpt directly straight on, whereas EBs I can, despite that oblong head shape. The facial features like the nose, mouth and eyes are better on EBs, but the head shape is definitely better on the Hot Toy's sculpt; so that's why others may prefer Hot Toys one over EBs.

This is the only angle from front on where I can see Heath in the mob painted sculpt for some reason.

View attachment 462622

Obviously what I said is just an opinion and I am not saying one sculpt is better than the other as a fact, I just see Ledger more in the EB sculpt.

Did they say what the hold up is?

It's a damn shame they didn't fully paint the EX sculpt. I've always preferred the smudged look to the heavy makeup from early in the movie.

How do you feel about the recently revealed Sideshow PF and the Queen Studios(only seen the head so far) in terms of likeness to Ledger?

Maybe Prime 1/Blitzway will crack it with their upcoming Ledger but I wasn't overly impressed with K.A. Kim's attempt at Emilia Clarke so who knows. :dunno

The hold up is KG Hobby sending out figures to people who ordered months after I did. They admitted their mistake after consulting their records and have knocked 10% of the final price as way of compensation but still no word on when they get another batch in.

It's a damn shame they didn't fully paint the EX sculpt. I've always preferred the smudged look to the heavy makeup from early in the movie.

Yeah when I look at that sculpt I can clearly see Ledger on both sides of the face, it really was a stupid move their part to make a sculpt the way they did.

How do you feel about the recently revealed Sideshow PF and the Queen Studios(only seen the head so far) in terms of likeness to Ledger?

Sideshow PF sculpt is ugly, I can see a lot of areas they got right like the nose but it just looks ugly. Queen Studios has a good resemblance to Ledger whist having the same expression as the PF, but even that has major flaws.

Maybe Prime 1/Blitzway will crack it with their upcoming Ledger but I wasn't overly impressed with K.A. Kim's attempt at Emilia Clarke so who knows. :dunno

Yes I am surprized how far off she was with the likeness, Clarke has large eyes, yet she made them quite small, thus, I am not that confident in her doing Ledger. Then again she might surprize us, so who knows.

The hold up is KG Hobby sending out figures to people who ordered months after I did. They admitted their mistake after consulting their records and have knocked 10% of the final price as way of compensation but still no word on when they get another batch in.

Sorry to hear that man, your situation sounds seems similar to Creasy's. :(

It's good that they knocked off 10% though, considering how much the special edition cost to buy on eBay.

I got this figure yesterday and so far i am extremely disappointed with the outcome. After two years of delay, the figure that arrived did not look like the prototype at all. The paint applications are beyond amateur and a total disservice to sculptor Yulli. Even the exclusive head is half assed. For a 1/4 figure, this feels really cheap. I will be uploading side by side comparison photos so everyone can see what crap paint job those losers did with my favorite movie villain. This sucks and i feel like contacting sideshow to return it.

It appears they are not hand painted and looks like they used that computer printing technique with all the micro dots everywhere when you look close. Even the exclusive head sculpt has a different circumference so it is a pain in the ass to get it on without heating it up and bending/ruining the collar... Chinese 1/6 figures are higher quality than this $500 one. They cheated us dark knight fans.... Anyone else disappointed?

I got this figure yesterday and so far i am extremely disappointed with the outcome. After two years of delay, the figure that arrived did not look like the prototype at all. The paint applications are beyond amateur and a total disservice to sculptor Yulli. Even the exclusive head is half assed. For a 1/4 figure, this feels really cheap. I will be uploading side by side comparison photos so everyone can see what crap paint job those losers did with my favorite movie villain. This sucks and i feel like contacting sideshow to return it.

It appears they are not hand painted and looks like they used that computer printing technique with all the micro dots everywhere when you look close. Even the exclusive head sculpt has a different circumference so it is a pain in the ass to get it on without heating it up and bending/ruining the collar... Chinese 1/6 figures are higher quality than this $500 one. They cheated us dark knight fans.... Anyone else disappointed?

From the pictures that other people have uploaded it looked as advertised to me but I would like to see your side by side pictures to see what you are talking about.

disagree. I love it! eye of the beholder i guess...

but why would you return it? You can sell it on eBay and make a big profit. :dunno

I understand what you are saying. I do agree with your disappointment however I have come to accept it and love it for what it is. I might go to get a custom head or repaint in the future.

And here how it should have look like: (from Jc Hong Instagram post)

305ef802b07464571d95a5673f3bddd0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It appears they are not hand painted and looks like they used that computer printing technique with all the micro dots everywhere when you look close.

Yeah, they've been doing this automated painting for years.

They're lying when they say that "Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted" in the specifications list.

dots.jpg

Yeah when I look at that sculpt I can clearly see Ledger on both sides of the face, it really was a stupid move their part to make a sculpt the way they did.

Sideshow PF sculpt is ugly, I can see a lot of areas they got right like the nose but it just looks ugly. Queen Studios has a good resemblance to Ledger whist having the same expression as the PF, but even that has major flaws.

Yes I am surprized how far off she was with the likeness, Clarke has large eyes, yet she made them quite small, thus, I am not that confident in her doing Ledger. Then again she might surprize us, so who knows.

Sorry to hear that man, your situation sounds seems similar to Creasy's. :(

It's good that they knocked off 10% though, considering how much the special edition cost to buy on eBay.

Cheers man,
Still waiting on a shipping notice for my joker.
How you liking yours?
I got a qs009 again after selling my 1st one, just to go with the joker-when he finally arrives.
On a plus note my John wick has been sent

The DX11 isn't perfect by any means but it does a better job than this figure of capturing that pout Ledger had in many scenes.

Back