Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m making one for him. Basic black and a street style to begin with. Would a crotch cradle work or does he need a waist grabber?

I’ll have the style below in 1/4 scale ready this week. I’ve already got one done in basic black. Just waiting on my figure to arrive so I can snap some pics.

View attachment 462071

That looks amazing!:clap

I’m making one for him. Basic black and a street style to begin with. Would a crotch cradle work or does he need a waist grabber?

I’ll have the style below in 1/4 scale ready this week. I’ve already got one done in basic black. Just waiting on my figure to arrive so I can snap some pics.

Still planning on the wall hanging ones? If not, an all black one does sound good.

That looks amazing!:clap

Thank you!

Still planning on the wall hanging ones? If not, an all black one does sound good.

For me personally I think I’ll have to have at least a couple. I don’t have enough Detolf space to get them in there so a special wall hanger may be the best option. I’m really wanting to put an 11x17 poster on it as a backdrop too.

That looks awesome! For the 1/4th scale I'd recommend a waist grabber - the crotch grabber included with him does next to nothing.

I ordered the waist grabber on Amazon. But in the meantime. I did this:
fe37874f413956954ae4d4d44bac1c2d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just got mine. I fell victim to the left collar being longer. Already emailed sideshow. I’m assuming they’ll send me a new body and ask me to destroy the old?

What's the issue with the stand? Crotch grabbers are preferable to me always, just pull the thing all the way up to his groin. Don't like the idea of having anything tight clamping to the figure.

I ordered the waist grabber on Amazon. But in the meantime. I did this:
fe37874f413956954ae4d4d44bac1c2d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wow I just tried this on mine, it's much better, would have never thought of this, thanks so much for posting! :rock

What's the issue with the stand? Crotch grabbers are preferable to me always, just pull the thing all the way up to his groin. Don't like the idea of having anything tight clamping to the figure.

Well he is very top heavy, so a crotch grabber is not enough as he tends to lean forward, so I am sorry to say but you really need a waste grabber if u want something to fully support this figure.

The way his shoes turn up at the front reduce his stability quite a lot. I remember Dean Knights review saying the crotch grabber doesn't hold him up unless he's perfectly balanced. The stand is next to useless.

Stand is great for me. Just make sure it's high enough and you've posed him well. Don't get what people are on about with it being useless, unless they just plop the figure down and expect it to stay.

Stand is great for me. Just make sure it's high enough and you've posed him well. Don't get what people are on about with it being useless, unless they just plop the figure down and expect it to stay.

It not useless but if u have him high up on a shelf, it's not strong enough to support him fully, thus, he has the potential to full off the shelf.

Sounds like due to him being top heavy and shoes not being flat that the use of the crotch grabber limits the poses he can be in. I’m not a fan of the waist grabbers either but for some figures that you can tuck the prongs in under the clothing it really helps stabilize the figure when doing less than Museum posing.

I’ve got a batch of 1/4 scale sized waist grabbers on the way that I’ll be using on my custom Joker stands for those that want one. I’ve also made a custom crotch cradle that I’ll be curious to try out.

Finally got my shipping notice from sideshow, should ship Wednesday next wk.
That’s over 2years since I pre ordered on day one it went up on the 26th July.
Think this will be the last purchase I make from sideshow, really not happy with their service.
If you pre order day one you should be ahead in line of people who pre ordered it after you, but that’s not how sideshow operate.
Really kinda spoiled this release for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got my shipping notice from sideshow, should ship Wednesday next wk.
That’s over 2years since I pre ordered on day one it went up on the 26th July.
Think this will be the last purchase I make from sideshow, really not happy with their service.

Where will you get your EX items from then? You should tell them you are never ordering from them again and see if they offer you a discount or something. So you finally got your shipping notice, that's only step one, the next step says we are about to charge your order now.

If you pre order day one you should be ahead in line of people who pre ordered it after you, but that’s not how sideshow operate.
Really kinda spoiled this release for me

Agreed I honestly don't get why this happened to you, maybe u got lost on the system because you preordered day one or something. :dunno

Where will you get your EX items from then? You should tell them you are never ordering from them again and see if they offer you a discount or something. So you finally got your shipping notice, that's only step one, the next step says we are about to charge your order now.

Agreed I honestly don't get why this happened to you, maybe u got lost on the system because you preordered day one or something. :dunno

Il go back to ordering direct from Hong Kong for exclusives.
I got a qs009 yesterday from sideshow & I had to pay £87 custom fees after shipping.
So I would of paid the same all in, including customs & international shipping if I’d want the Hong Kong route.
Iv live chatted multiple times ( at least 5 times ) highlighting my issues with this pre order & the fact I know people who ordered a whole year after me have already received theirs but they really don’t care.
They told me 7wks ago it would be shipping in 2wks.
Then they told me I was definitely not being skipped over, “many people pre order on day one”
Then they told me it’s because they treat international orders differently?!?

They just basically fobbed me off.
Il wait and see if I get a shipping notice then il contact them again about my wait. But honestly I think all their offer me is what-a $25 discount.

I’d just rather not give them my business

Il go back to ordering direct from Hong Kong for exclusives.
I got a qs009 yesterday from sideshow & I had to pay £87 custom fees after shipping.
So I would of paid the same all in, including customs & international shipping if I’d want the Hong Kong route.

Iv live chatted multiple times ( at least 5 times ) highlighting my issues with this pre order & the fact I know people who ordered a whole year after me have already received theirs but they really don’t care.
They told me 7wks ago it would be shipping in 2wks.
Then they told me I was definitely not being skipped over, “many people pre order on day one”
Then they told me it’s because they treat international orders differently?!?

They just basically fobbed me off.
Il wait and see if I get a shipping notice then il contact them again about my wait. But honestly I think all their offer me is what-a $25 discount.

I’d just rather not give them my business

Yeah I don't blame you sounds like a lot of excuses and if u can get them from Hong Kong for less hassle and same price then no reason to order from them now. BTW do you know if you are getting your piece from their US warehouse or their European one?

Hmm, maybe it's just the pose I have him in but I can push him forward or backward with my finger and we won't topple over with the stand.

Yeah I don't blame you sounds like a lot of excuses and if u can get them from Hong Kong for less hassle and same price then no reason to order from them now. BTW do you know if you are getting your piece from their US warehouse or their European one?

According to one guy I was getting it from their European warehouse but then someone else told me I was getting it straight from Hong Kong.

You would think I’d receive the 1st batch if it was coming direct from Hong Kong tho?

Basically they just gave me excuse after excuse.

Be interesting to see where it ships from when I get my tracking number....

Back