Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks phenomenal. Could have slightly better paint definition on the hair, but everything else is outstanding. Tailoring especially. The body looks great also, that pic with him sitting down with his hands together, his arms properly fill out the shirt, looks incredibly well made.

Currently laughing at all the people that pulled out within this month who will dive back in.

Super happy with this. Will probably be my number one piece for years to come. Also really happy Hellboy shown today, good day for Hot Toys!

Yep, wake up to find this thread on fire as expected.

They definitely improved the sculpt. I see Ledger even more now. Hair is a little soft but the face looks incredible. With all the accessories this thing has I just know it's going to be an all around fun figure.

Also it seems in classic Freaks fashion some are crapping on it for not being perfection. I just don't understand it.

I’m happy with it. Here’s the final product from IG. I’m definitely happy I got the EX, I ordered as soon as it went up so so long ago lol. I may snag a second for alternate display which may be a good idea since the market for this one will skyrocket despite criticisms.
0367a4f3875d199bc8649dcdbcc8589f.jpg
91c605c31faf005fe63043780f2f2350.jpg

No, no and no. Personally in this acton doll I don't see the similarity with Heat Ledger. The Enterbay sculpt is still the best, but still no company has managed to make a great Joker 1/4. It is not worth buying this doll by spending all this money! Once again Hot Toys failed in the Joker's sculpt; it's a shame because he made some great sculpt on other characters! I do not buy it and I do not recommend the purchase. Then everyone is free to do anything! :)

Original prototype pic versus new promo pics.
Very slight differences, but still not sure if it's just due to the slightly different paintwork or not.
Eyes seem larger? Hairline is lower and slightly different. But again, may just be the new paint?

14JokerHTBeforeAfterpromos.jpg

Original prototype pic versus new promo pics.
Very slight differences, but still not sure if it's just due to the slightly different paintwork or not.
Eyes seem larger? Hairline is lower and slightly different. But again, may just be the new paint?

View attachment 450790

The nose and the hair are definitely changed.

I think the new nose looks better.

The hair is softer but not a big enough deal for me to not buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, no and no. Personally in this acton doll I don't see the similarity with Heat Ledger. The Enterbay sculpt is still the best, but still no company has managed to make a great Joker 1/4. It is not worth buying this doll by spending all this money! Once again Hot Toys failed in the Joker's sculpt; it's a shame because he made some great sculpt on other characters! I do not buy it and I do not recommend the purchase. Then everyone is free to do anything! :)

I am not sure who Heat Ledger is, so yeah... they probably did not get the sculpt close to HIS likeness.

Do not buy it, and don't recommend it. Whatever floats your boat.

I have mixed feelings, at the beginning I liked more with the exclusive HS and now looks better with the regular HS, however in the IG pics looks incredible both HS, I will keep my preorder (EX) and see in the reviews. most of the times the pics with Photoshop and all that **** ruins the figure.

I was originally planning on selling off the Heath Ledger sculpt but now I like them both equally. Can't wait to see reviews of him, altohugh I'm tempted to wait until I get it in hand first. But I probably won't, looks icnredible, especially all the different poses he could be in. Top notch work.

Looks like a definite improvement to me. I had no interest before due to the generic looking sculpt, but now that I'm seeing a better likeness I'm feeling a bit more tempted...

Looks the same - just warped from casting if anything.

Will still get since mine only has one payment left but I can see now the delay was because they don't care about this.

Back