Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's certainly the best Ledger Joker sculpt they've done. It does look like they've changed some things, like the face paint wear on his brow line, his mouth, etc. If the head from this were shrunk to 1/6th scale like the QS001's faceplates were for the armory set I'd go gaga.

Does this include the ferry detonator at all?

To those who may be getting this early (before sideshow), where or who would you buy this from?

It's certainly the best Ledger Joker sculpt they've done. It does look like they've changed some things, like the face paint wear on his brow line, his mouth, etc. If the head from this were shrunk to 1/6th scale like the QS001's faceplates were for the armory set I'd go gaga.

Does this include the ferry detonator at all?
I think it includes the detonator.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

hqdefault.jpg

The more I compare both headsculpts, the more the previous hs looks better in some way. The latter looks like an idealized version of Heath.

Final product doesn’t look bad but it doesn’t look great either. For a company that has had 11 years worth of experience with this character, it’s really a mediocre effort. For the two years it took to get this out plus the delays plus the price tag, I think they could have done better.

It’s been an underwhelming release since day 1. The thing that gets me the most is how boring the headsculpt is. He looks bored. In the film, Ledger as the Joker looked anything but. He had so much character and this just doesn’t capture that. The expressionless dead glare really reminds me of the current Pennywise from It.

I wonder if anyone will be commissioning painters to fill in that "half face" sculpt Hot Toys left unfinished. It's sad because it looks really good, but the skin showing through really wrecks it.

One more thing, I really like how his coat drapes/looks. On the DX11 the material was super bunchy, but with a larger scale it looks a lot more natural. I especially like how it looks on his sleeves here.

e2aec4db63d6eacb4e6f01f394e60ce8.jpg

y include pencil if no table. wtf

I wonder if anyone will be commissioning painters to fill in that "half face" sculpt Hot Toys left unfinished. It's sad because it looks really good, but the skin showing through really wrecks it.

It would end up looking pretty much identical to the regular head though. Is the expression even different?

Judging from the pics, the standard head's paint is based on the cleaner mob meeting scene, and the "half face" sculpt looks messier, like the interrogation scene.

They are the same head but the paint is slightly different. The black eye paint around his right eye is a giveaway since it has that "rubbed" look on the EX head. I'll try to post a comparison when I get home.

Judging from the pics, the standard head's paint is based on the cleaner mob meeting scene, and the "half face" sculpt looks messier, like the interrogation scene.

They are the same head but the paint is slightly different. The black eye paint around his right eye is a giveaway since it has that "rubbed" look on the EX head. I'll try to post a comparison when I get home.

Ah I understand - repaint it so as to at least be able to represent two actual movie scenes even if the sculpt is the same. Yeah, poor choice from Hot Toys to do this transition thing. I expect very few people will actually use that head like that.

Is this actually released today or will it be Friday? Was expecting to see at least some in-hand pics by now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It released today(Thursday) in Hong Kong. In hand pics will be slow due to the easter weekend. No post in the UK until Tuesday now, not sure about other countries.

Back