Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the same email. I doubt it'll come out in a month. We haven't seen updated pics since......the first pics?

Classic. I still really want the figure in my collection obviously but the delays and lack of transparency is putting me off on the whole thing.

Screw this figure. I've cancelled and will use the refunded flexpay for something that won't take nearly 2 years to arrive. I honestly feel better about it already.
I hope that whoever got my exclusive on the wait-list enjoys it. I wish you all the best with the wait gentlemen and women, good luck.

Screw this figure. I've cancelled and will use the refunded flexpay for something that won't take nearly 2 years to arrive. I honestly feel better about it already.
I hope that whoever got my exclusive on the wait-list enjoys it. I wish you all the best with the wait gentlemen and women, good luck.

Don't blame you at all. I paid £100 deposit and two years later still nothing. HT wait times for DC figures are now longer than Prime 1 statues.

Don't blame you at all. I paid £100 deposit and two years later still nothing. HT wait times for DC figures are now longer than Prime 1 statues.

That's an overstatement. Obviously this wait time is not typical Hot Toys. For Prime 1 its typical from the time the first pics are teased.

That's an overstatement. Obviously this wait time is not typical Hot Toys. For Prime 1 its typical from the time the first pics are teased.

I was going from time they are put up for official pre-order rather than teaser pics. This wait time for DC figures is pretty much standard for HT now, JL figures have been the same. I'd expect Deathstroke to be delayed heavily to. For Disney stuff yeah HT wait times are still pretty decent.

I still can’t believe how... their are no pics of this guy. Pre order went up-> few pics at the following event then swept under the rug??? Truly kept hidden from customers? I don’t like that way of doing business.

Not going to lie, it's put a sour taste in my mouth. The fact that I actually forgot this figure existed for the best part of a year until recently is sort of absurd. I'm keeping the pre-order because I think the figure will turn out great. And we've waited this long so in reality what's a month or two more.

But for anyone that will cancel out of spite who deep down actually do want it, I wouldn't suggest it. Someone else will pick it up and these will sell, Hot Toys won't feel the annoyances we all have with them. And that's the frustrating thing with them, in the end, for the most part they produce stellar figures, that I believe are the best in the market. So it's frustrating that they think, well... that they do get away with this. The fact that there's 0 communication with people at all is a flat out crap business model.

To then post a picture of an upcoming release schedule, release all the of the Marvel products in succession and then release other products not even shown on the upcoming releases before these? Disgraceful as a business.

Got me by the balls, though.

At this point I’m not even getting my hopes up for a joker movie figure. If hot Toys even does do it there’s plenty of MCU films that will probably overshadow it. If only hot toys revamped the rises figure and slapped dark knight on it, I wonder if they would have displayed this more at the shows as more of a complete display piece?

Maybe we're all directing our ire toward the wrong company. True, Hot Toys is the manufacturer of said items, but Sideshow, BBTS, and others are the outlets we purchase them from. They should be putting more effort into satisfying their customers and pressuring the manufacturer to get their sh#t together, especially when people are canceling orders.

Don't see what Sideshow can do, this is all on Hot Toys. Once I get this and the JL figures I'm waiting for I won't be pre ordering any more HT figures. May pick up the odd one post release but that will be all.

Tired of DC being an afterthought. Prime 1 will get most of my money from now on and I'll just keep my fingers crossed they never get a Marvel licence!

Being angry at Sideshow for another company's delay is very stupid.

Not angry at the delays if there's an issue with the toy and they need time to fix it, once fixed i'm sure they're going to show it, so i'm good till late may when they release these, i can wait till end of the year even, so i'm set.

I'm not angry with Sideshow. However if their supplier, Hot Toys, isn't delivering a product to their customers within a reasonable time, they should definitely be putting some sort of pressure on them.

Pretty sure Sideshow is the Supplier, Hot Toys is the manufacturer. Suppliers can't really do crap in this regard, they get what they're supplied, if they have problems with the manufacturer all they can do is drop them, in the end the manufacturer is what makes the supplier the money.

Hot Toys in their defence are sort of in a difficult position. Either they can expand their production and then in a couple of years not have enough products to make to warrant the expansion for this years blocks of ensemble films and other lines, or they can slow production on certain lines and give priority for lines that need to sell to make way for the quick follow ups of the previous films. Unfortunately this is what's happening, and annoyingly is the sensible way of doing it in business terms (have to remember they'll be working on upcoming Episode 9 of Star Wars, not to mention all the prequel and current versions they're doing), however, that doesn't excuse the piss poor communication they have had.

Pretty sure Sideshow is the Supplier, Hot Toys is the manufacturer. Suppliers can't really do crap in this regard, they get what they're supplied, if they have problems with the manufacturer all they can do is drop them, in the end the manufacturer is what makes the supplier the money.

Hot Toys in their defence are sort of in a difficult position. Either they can expand their production and then in a couple of years not have enough products to make to warrant the expansion for this years blocks of ensemble films and other lines, or they can slow production on certain lines and give priority for lines that need to sell to make way for the quick follow ups of the previous films. Unfortunately this is what's happening, and annoyingly is the sensible way of doing it in business terms (have to remember they'll be working on upcoming Episode 9 of Star Wars, not to mention all the prequel and current versions they're doing), however, that doesn't excuse the piss poor communication they have had.

"Sideshow Collectibles is the exclusive distributor of Hot Toys collectible figures in the United States, North and South America, Europe, Australia and throughout most Asian countries. It is also an official distributor of Iron Studios statues in United States territory."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sideshow_Collectibles

In case you dont know the difference:
https://theydiffer.com/difference-between-supplier-and-distributor/

I'm not angry with Sideshow. However if their supplier, Hot Toys, isn't delivering a product to their customers within a reasonable time, they should definitely be putting some sort of pressure on them.

They never did that’s why I don’t rely on them. So many broken promises and figured that have gotten the shaft for yet another red and gold robot variant. I love iron man but I got sick of it. So it’s better to just move on and not wait on them and get it when it comes. Or move to a more less expensive or reliable company like I’m doing.

S7KJerb.jpg

This thing better be, like, an Adam Gu and Kato level Joker after this much of a delay.

But, spoiler alert: It won’t be. :lol

Back