Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Crow petition

They could make a million Crow movies and it will NEVER take anything away from the first film.

It one of the greatest revenge stories of all time...personal favorite.

so whether crowvision own the rights outright or not, i imagine they were probably given some incentive not to license anything till the new movie is out, watched by millions, and officially panned.

Which is why NECA's current Cult Classics line has another Lee/Draven re-hash.

It's funny how people are just making stuff up to justify why this figure is "impossible", especially when that stuff flies in the face of common sense.

If anything this figure doesn't exist because contrary to popular belief Hot Toys is probably not beating down the door to the rights holders of every fan-requested property and vice-versa. If you could get all the necessary parties in a room and they could make the dollars and cents work there's no doubt that a figure of Brandon Lee as Eric Draven is within the realm of possibility, I just don't know if Hot Toys sees it as viable.

There's also the issue re: Crowvision's apparently-lax attitude about the quality of product they approve. There's good reason to believe that they're more interested in some no-name company putting out t-shirts and ashtrays for Hot Topic than a high-end figure company.

But yeah, there's absolutely no precedent whatsoever for an upcoming franchise entry making previous incarnations off-limits. That's just retarded, period.

There's certainly no precedent in the Crow franchise. They tried releasing non-Lee merchandise ONCE (with Vincent Perez and "City of Angels") and it all tanked. Ever since it's been all Lee. Did they make merchandise featuring Mark Dacascos? No. Eric Mabius? No. Edward Furlong? No. None of those failed attempts had any effect on the steady stream of merchandise based on the first film and I don't expect the new one to either, but then again I don't expect it to be released in theaters either.

Last edited:

DAMN. I gotta be honest, I never read long posts like that, I just skim through them. But I read that whole post so that says something. You pointed out good facts and made alot of sense.

Did you guys see this-
Q- Any consideration of a 12? figure of “The Crow” ?

A- Yes, it is a property that we look at from time to time, and one that we’re likely to tackle at some point, although in what format we couldn’t say.

Source-
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=7940&affiliate=philipctr

I'm guessing a PF (boo, hiss) but it's a start!

never seen that wook. i guess it is a start. and with sideshow's PF history it might actually quite good if it did turn out to be a PF. but i really really REALLY hope they don't do a 12" fig. but that's just me - i'm not a massive fan of sideshow 12".

HT need to do a DX figure of The Crow Eric Draven Brandon Lee was awesome in the in movie

I wouldn't say a DX version of the Crow. I love the Crow but I don't think there isn't much they could do for a DX version. A regular version of the Crow would be fine. I don't think it would really benefit that much from just the PERS head.

A Hot Toys Crow would be awesome......but I have always wanted a Natural Born Killers Mickey and Malory Hot Toys set.

Wow, my friends were just discussing this past weekend about the weird death of Brandon. I still think there is something fishy. Someone's sick twisted mind wanted to duplicate the Game of Death scene where Bruce gets killed while filming a movie within a movie. Somebody used live ammunition on the set and killed him. Of course, he didn't die, and proceeded to kick butt in the pagoda. Anyway, I know I've read there were no live ammunition that killed Brandon. But I still have this feeling in my gut that someone knew what they were doing. Either that, or this is one un-freaking-believable coincidence.

Hot Toy's Crow FTW! My vote is cast and I would DEFINITELY buy that!

DX or otherwise, I don't see how this wouldn't sell and I would bet it would be as popular as HT's Blade II figure.

If Sideshow makes it...I'm bagging out....don't really care for many of their 12" figures to date.

i wanna a HT The Crow...count me in.:pray:

altought i don't think it's gonna happen...

A Brandon Lee Crow figure would be the final piece in my collection. I seriously have every movie/TV character I wanted now, due to the talented sculpters and artists on this board and Hot Toys and Sideshow. The Crow figure would be that final piece making the collection I originally started out to achieve complete.

A Brandon Lee Crow figure would be the final piece in my collection. I seriously have every movie/TV character I wanted now, due to the talented sculpters and artists on this board and Hot Toys and Sideshow. The Crow figure would be that final piece making the collection I originally started out to achieve complete.

Wow, nice!

So what that really means is....you just gave yourself an annual raise of hundreds to thousands of dollars since you won't be spending that money on collectibles anymore! :clap :lol

I will probably be there......never. :slap

You have a Marty Mcfly?

You have a Marty Mcfly?

Yes, Marty and Doc are being worked on right now in my spare time with Spencers great sculpts and beto's Doc Brown radiation suit. I actually have a custom Brandon Lee Crow from sovereign studios using the old inteleg model head. It's really good but being a big fan of the movie and original comic I'd buy a HT version in a heartbeat. Chigger you are right on the money, it's an expensive hobby and after about 15 years of customizing and collecting I find myself buying things that are cool and then never display it and eventually end up selling it. I cut myself down to my original list of favorite characters and most all of them are made in one form or another. Unless a 1:6 Linnea Quigley or Elvira come along, that's about it.

Last edited:

Yes, Marty and Doc are being worked on right now in my spare time with Spencers great sculpts and beto's Doc Brown radiation suit. I actually have a custom Brandon Lee Crow from sovereign studios using the old inteleg model head. It's really good but being a big fan of the movie and original comic I'd buy a HT version in a heartbeat. Chigger you are right on the money, it's an expensive hobby and after about 15 years of customizing and collecting I find myself buying things that are cool and then never display it and eventually end up selling it. I cut myself down to my original list of favorite characters and most all of them are made in one form or another. Unless a 1:6 Linnea Quigley or Elvira come along, that's about it.

Awesome. Do you have pictures???

Mark Wahlberg has been offered the lead role in the Crow reboot so you may end up getting a Crow figure after all. Just not the right one.

Back