Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Crow petition

Not that I know of, I said I'd like to see a movie based purely on the comic. There's some big differences between the comic and the movie.

I haven't but I'll have a look. I did enjoy the movie's art direction as well, not the same dark and grim streets of Alex Proyas' original but was something new to distance itself as a different story.

There is a fan-edit I downloaded (haven't watched it yet) where someone's tried to re-build as much of it as possible from deleted scenes and re-inserted storyboards.

I just think it's judged more harshly than it needed to be because the first one has become so iconic.

I'd still love to see a version of the original that was pure to it's comic counterpart. Is easily the strongest and most emotionally powerful telling of the story.

hey nocturne, do you think the comic book is filmable? i agree it is one of the most powerful things i've seen but the story is quite disjoint and erratic (which i think is part of its draw) and the style changes tac quite often. if they had an amazing amazing director behind it they might be able to reproduce it, but it'd be an art house picture. problem is, no hollywood studio would ever go for that. i think that's why we saw a lot more action in the movie. i would also like to see a version more like the comics actually, thinking about it now. but like i say, you'd need a really really talented person to bring the energy of the book out.

as for figures, movie or comic, i'd buy either. both are just as appealing. but the movie version is probably more likely to get made someday.

I think it would be, if you did what Zack Snyder did with 300, use the graphic novel as the basis and fill in the gaps. There just seems to be so much of O'Barr's own pain ingrained into that story. I loved the collected version where it has selected poetry and song lyrics such as The Cure's "The Hanging Garden"

I leant the book to a friend of mine, she said that it touched her so much that it made her cry.

Not that I know of, I said I'd like to see a movie based purely on the comic. There's some big differences between the comic and the movie.

Yeah there is. I thought we were talking about the movie being re-made. I didn't like the graphic novel as much as the movie.

BURN THE HERETIC! :lol

I take it you like the graphic novel more?:lol I just thought it was uneventful how he wasn't weak and just desroyed the bad guys. The movie made it more interesting by taking his powers away and making him vulnerable.

To me that made it more interesting.

I am a fan of both and enjoyed both takes very much. I'd never have discovered the graphic novel if it wasn't for the film.

I just enjoyed the way the story seemed more emotional, the mental turmoil he was in, visions of the past, how little things haunted him.

I will admit having him unstoppable for the whole film would have made it more of an anti-climactic.

Think the characters been diluted a little from over exposure, even South Park took the piss on their halloween episode. "No one better come dressed as the Crow!"

Would've been good to see how it had played out if they'd kept the "Skull Cowboy" who stripped him of his powers just as he went after "Top Dollar" because he'd had his vengence and killed the one's who wronged him in person.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/jM4NMeVWGmE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/jM4NMeVWGmE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I agree with you. It was more emotional how he cut himself because he was in so much emotional pain. And I used to have the skull cowboy trading card and could never figure out what he was 'cause he wasn't in the film:lol I had to do research to find out what he was.

I also got into the graphic novel because of the movie.

Found this great 5 min compilation of behind the scenes footage too
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/HU6OhTcHPA4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/HU6OhTcHPA4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'd love to see them do a proper Blu-Ray release with extra's like this and stop just re-hashing the DVD from the 90's. Plus the UK cover must be the laziest DVD cover I've ever seen.

1130442x.jpg

How cheap does that look ?

wow:lol horrible looking. I have the 2 disc dvd but it's not that impressive ya know? I want them to do another editon with better stuff. I mean it's popular enough to do a better edition.

I have the neca 18" crow and love it but they messed up on one thing,he's wearing Shelly's ring on his necklace and they gave it to him on his pinky finger also :lol they gave him 2 of Shelly's ring.

Hmm, I've not got the NECA. I've got the McFarlane 6" one still sealed in it's packaging (Although the plastic case has yellowed a little)

Would be great to see a premium format of the movie version as I think it warrants that extra detail. I'd happily pay for one of those. Especially if they had the Crow itself as an exclusive.

Just feel the first film has been milked in such a cheap and tacky way in order to sell it to Hot Topic kids, who discovered the film and Nightmare Before Christmas 9 years too late! It's a wonderful film that deserves more than it's been given.

Absolutley. It deserves more credit than a fad for goth kids. It's a tragic movie and is great. Not something to make emo kids relate to it. :lol

I'd love a pf I think that's the best thing they could do. I'd be amazing.

I have no problem with the goth thing (I am one myself after all :lol) but most don't bother to scratch beneath the surface. most of it seems to be "OMG Brandon Lee he's so hawt LOLZ" and unfortunately they give the rest of the scene a bad name.

It has proved itself to be a license that sells well though even after all this time, so I can't see why a higher quality piece based on the license would be such a risk. Admitedly I was never too keen on NECA's 1:1 bust (I think it was them anyway)

I have no problem with the goth thing (I am one myself after all :lol) but most don't bother to scratch beneath the surface. most of it seems to be "OMG Brandon Lee he's so hawt LOLZ" and unfortunately they give the rest of the scene a bad name.

It has proved itself to be a license that sells well though even after all this time, so I can't see why a higher quality piece based on the license would be such a risk. Admitedly I was never too keen on NECA's 1:1 bust (I think it was them anyway)

I'm not a goth but I'm a metal head and I agree with you. People don't just see it as a great movie,they "scratch beneath the surface". I thought the 1:1 scale was okay and was going to get it just because it's the highest quality thing that's been made IMO. But I'll stick with my 18" until I get a hot toys or pf from ss.

I'm not a goth but I'm a metal head and I agree with you. People don't just see it as a great movie,they "scratch beneath the surface". I thought the 1:1 scale was okay and was going to get it just because it's the highest quality thing that's been made IMO. But I'll stick with my 18" until I get a hot toys or pf from ss.

I do regret missing out on the 18" as it was really nicely sculpted. I think I'd prefer a premium format over a Hot Toys now when I think about it. Would like to see a pose different from the walking one that's become standard.
I think this would make a lovely pose

339r11t.jpg

If the window was incorporated as a part of the diorama. Not having the coat should make it a little cheaper as well and due to the scene allow a gentler facial expression as opposed to manic smiles or grim determination shown in so many other pieces.

If anybody was to produce a diorama for Crow then I think Enterbay are the ones, They would be able to pull it off and they would incorporate it into the packaing knowing them!!

Back