Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Crow petition

this thread is going to make me cry. the first figure/collectible i ever bought was the movie maniacs series 3 one. that's what got me into figures. i tried to make a custom 12" one but it sucked.

it's time people. it has to happen. but my bet's with enterbay. hot toys would do an amazing job. but like br said, i want enterbay to do this one because of its links with the lee estate. if it happens, it'll be something special.

I'd love to see a HT Crow (Brandon Lee) !!! I'd definitely get one.

Good idea. I love the Crow. Brandon Lee of course.

If HT or Enterbay will make a really screen-accurate Brandon Lee Crow - I'm in for sure.
One of the most iconic chars to me.

I know, I feel your pain. Let's just ignore it and see if it goes away. :banghead

that is the most shocking remake news i've heard so far! hopefully it's not even a remake but a sequel of some sort which DOESN'T use the eric draven character. unfortunately ed pressman is a complete whore, especially when it comes to the crow franchise (did you SEE wicked prayer?). and i agree with you about the realistic style. sounds like norrington is just trying to cash in on nolan's use of realism. unfortunately, that only works well for a human character with no powers, who's supposed to be based in the real world. he doesn't seem to know what he's talking about - documentary style, but making the character more mysterious? sounds like borrocks to me.

and league of extraordinary gentlemen SUCKED - i'm glad he took the time off to reflect on his misconduct. let's hope he learned something useful from it - not to go from making a great movie (blade) to one that stinks and expecting everyone to love it.

I personally would prefer a comic book based Eric -- I even went back to my custom sculpt as a result of this thread last night -- but I would also love a Brandon Lee film version, too. Enterbay would be the way to go for me, but mostly for their shifting eye tech and their association with the Lee Estate.

As for the sequels, they never existed in my eyes. Sadly, the one that quite possibly should have was dismissed by Miramax/Dimension in its story pitch phase. Funny, how after the first film I thought it would be awesome if there was a female Crow. Coincidentally, James O'Barr apparently thought the same:

The Bride

For all it's flaws I still enjoyed City of Angels, do think it would've been a much better film if it wasn't for the studio's interference and I didn't think Vincent Perez did that bad a job with the material given to him.

that is the most shocking remake news i've heard so far! hopefully it's not even a remake but a sequel of some sort which DOESN'T use the eric draven character. unfortunately ed pressman is a complete whore, especially when it comes to the crow franchise (did you SEE wicked prayer?). and i agree with you about the realistic style. sounds like norrington is just trying to cash in on nolan's use of realism. unfortunately, that only works well for a human character with no powers, who's supposed to be based in the real world. he doesn't seem to know what he's talking about - documentary style, but making the character more mysterious? sounds like borrocks to me.

and league of extraordinary gentlemen SUCKED - i'm glad he took the time off to reflect on his misconduct. let's hope he learned something useful from it - not to go from making a great movie (blade) to one that stinks and expecting everyone to love it.

It will be a remake using the original story:horror. Brandon Lee died tragically during the making of this film so i think it is really of poor taste to remake it, Brandon Lee deserves to be the only Eric Draven!

Plus Norrington is plain horrible in everything he has done. He can't direct.

For the crow comic book version, dragonfly has two great statues, i have them and love them. I want Hot Toys to make Lee as Draven.

Has anyone actually contacted Hot Toys about this? It won't matter discussing the petition if Hot Toys doesn't know about it.

Wouldn't Hot Toys have to have a few meetings, discuss budget, draw up projections, show a few Power Point presentations, and buy the license if it's not already owned by somebody else? Or is a petition all it takes these days?

a petition would tell them there's demand for this thing. they aren't going to have a few meetings, discuss budget, draw up projections, show a few Power Point presentations, and buy the license if it's not already owned by somebody else unless someone tells them quite a few people want this. they ain't flipping psychic.

i sent an email a long time ago, and i think a few other people did too. but i got the stock "your message and ideas have been passed onto the production team" reply.

I think it's been mentioned that they read this board, too.
If NECA was able to make 1/6 years ago I imagine the license is attainable. It's always iffy when it's an old movie without a current push in the media, but what the hell? It's a pretty simple figure compared to what they usually do.

Well good to know that Hot Toys may have got some interest spurred to possibly start a Crow figure. They have been making some obscure licenses lately, i.e. Edward Scissor Hands, POTA, Movie Icons. All old and without and current push of publicity.

For all it's flaws I still enjoyed City of Angels, do think it would've been a much better film if it wasn't for the studio's interference and I didn't think Vincent Perez did that bad a job with the material given to him.

woohoo, i don't have to cower in shame for liking this film anymore! nowhere near as good as the first but i still think it had its moments. he dispatched of the bad guys in some cool ways at least, and there was some cool imagery in there. i think vincent perez is an amazing actor - have you ever seen la reine margot? great movie. definitely the 2nd best of the bunch. i mean come on - edward furlong? pecker.

I haven't but I'll have a look. I did enjoy the movie's art direction as well, not the same dark and grim streets of Alex Proyas' original but was something new to distance itself as a different story.

There is a fan-edit I downloaded (haven't watched it yet) where someone's tried to re-build as much of it as possible from deleted scenes and re-inserted storyboards.

I just think it's judged more harshly than it needed to be because the first one has become so iconic.

I'd still love to see a version of the original that was pure to it's comic counterpart. Is easily the strongest and most emotionally powerful telling of the story.

Back