Hot Toys : The Crow ( Brandon Lee ) Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got bored today and I thought I'd read this thread from the first page, LMAO I never knew HT made this Eric Draven figure because you guys were pestering HT to make him and they listened :D

Re: Hot Toys The Crow petition

With all the interest in the Crow here recently the new figures, and even Mezco doing their version of Eric in the one12 line I wouldn?t be surprised to see someone taking a stab at him again in the 1/6th scale arena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys The Crow petition

With all the interest in the Crow here recently the new figures, and even Mezco doing their version of Eric in the one12 line I wouldn?t be surprised to see someone taking a stab at him again in the 1/6th scale arena.

So, chances of Ashe Corven(Vincent Perez) City of Angels Crow figure next?
e97fa8e66e8425e8601c54837882d01c.jpg

Yeah I went there ....:horror

This is why I need InArt to be successful, C’mon Hot Toys.

Got him 4 years ago brand new, guess he has a good run there lol.

9CD78600-388A-4841-906E-53E203ACC39C.jpeg

Attachments

• 1047C61D-79FA-413D-81CE-187763B57061.jpeg
    1047C61D-79FA-413D-81CE-187763B57061.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 0
  • B56C5BC9-F356-4FAC-ABCF-919956210E57.jpeg
    B56C5BC9-F356-4FAC-ABCF-919956210E57.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 9C427C55-6468-434B-8FF5-9E884B48E4D7.jpeg
    9C427C55-6468-434B-8FF5-9E884B48E4D7.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 88307D9E-0B2C-42DC-B94F-2FC698CC4E42.jpeg
    88307D9E-0B2C-42DC-B94F-2FC698CC4E42.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 0
Well, luckily the sideshow version will come out soon and you’ll be able to replace the pants that way. Sideshow pleather is better than what HT uses. There’s no guarantee that InArt would make the pants out of real leather. But, you can contact GeeWhiz customs as they’ve made real leather replacement for these

I can't believe with the prices and general level of quality in this hobby, people still have to tolerate pleather (and rubber) falling apart on their ridiculously expensive figures. Its just unacceptable.
I feel bad for new collectors not on forums like this one, that are putting their hard earned cash down for a beloved character, and have zero clue its going to disintegrate on them.

Well, luckily the sideshow version will come out soon and you’ll be able to replace the pants that way. Sideshow pleather is better than what HT uses. There’s no guarantee that InArt would make the pants out of real leather. But, you can contact GeeWhiz customs as they’ve made real leather replacement for these

Just heard back from GeeWhiz customs and they quoted me $195 for the pants, which doesn’t include me shipping them the existing outfit, plus shipping back to me.

I think I’ll hold out until the SSC version comes out and try to find it parted out. Thanks for the help!!!

Just heard back from GeeWhiz customs and they quoted me $195 for the pants, which doesn’t include me shipping them the existing outfit, plus shipping back to me.

I think I’ll hold out until the SSC version comes out and try to find it parted out. Thanks for the help!!!
$195 for just the pants?! Ouch!

Wow! So they’ve really upped their pricing then. Last year they quoted me $250 for their real leather Indiana Jones jacket which seems reasonable compared to these pants as that looks more complicated to make. The pants seem like they’d be more than just $50 worth of less work than the jacket. Can’t imagine how much their Indy jacket will be today then if I were to inquire about it.

That sucks as I was going to send them some leather bits to restore but I guess I’ll need to find another avenue

Happy to say I just found a really good deal on this figure with very minor flaking issues! Have wanted it forever and am super happy to have it in the collection.
I will probably replace the pants and jacket with the sideshow when they come out.
Has anyone done a body swap on this figure? Or is that even necessary?

Happy to say I just found a really good deal on this figure with very minor flaking issues! Have wanted it forever and am super happy to have it in the collection.
I will probably replace the pants and jacket with the sideshow when they come out.
Has anyone done a body swap on this figure? Or is that even necessary?
Body swap will be difficult b/c the arm wraps are part of the body, not the shirt. So you have to do a little bit of Frankensteining to get all the parts to fit. I did it way back when I had this figure and the juice definitely wasn’t worth the squeeze. It was marginally better at best.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a body to replace this with. I know people say the Hot Toys Bruce Lee however looking online I’ll be paying more than I paid for the actual figure. Is there alternatives people have used and do people know how they get the t shirt off the arms?

Does anyone have any recommendations on a body to replace this with. I know people say the Hot Toys Bruce Lee however looking online I’ll be paying more than I paid for the actual figure. Is there alternatives people have used and do people know how they get the t shirt off the arms?
As I said above,"Body swap will be difficult b/c the arm wraps are part of the base body, not the shirt. So you have to do a little bit of Frankensteining to get all the parts to fit. I did it way back when I had this figure and the juice definitely wasn’t worth the squeeze. It was marginally better at best." To add to this: The Hot Toys figure has a sculpted neck while most muscle bodies have a neck as part of the body/torso. So you'd need to either modify the HT headsculpt by removing the neck and getting it to fit on the new body or modify the the neck area of the muscle body you're trying to use.

If you want to try it with the Bruce Lee body, you can search eBay for the "1/6 Ganghood muscle body 2.0" as it's a direct KO of the HT Bruce Lee body and usually around $30.

As for getting the HT shirt off, I believe it's glued in where the shirt meets the sculpted arm wraps, so you'd have to be very careful when trying to remove it without tearing it at those areas.

However, with the Sideshow figure having now been released, you could always buy one of their shirts to replace the HT one since the arm wraps are part of the shirt and not the body on that one. It will be one less thing to worry about. It's the route I would go with if I was thinking about trying to update the HT figure.

As I said above,"Body swap will be difficult b/c the arm wraps are part of the base body, not the shirt. So you have to do a little bit of Frankensteining to get all the parts to fit. I did it way back when I had this figure and the juice definitely wasn’t worth the squeeze. It was marginally better at best." To add to this: The Hot Toys figure has a sculpted neck while most muscle bodies have a neck as part of the body/torso. So you'd need to either modify the HT headsculpt by removing the neck and getting it to fit on the new body or modify the the neck area of the muscle body you're trying to use.

If you want to try it with the Bruce Lee body, you can search eBay for the "1/6 Ganghood muscle body 2.0" as it's a direct KO of the HT Bruce Lee body and usually around $30.

As for getting the HT shirt off, I believe it's glued in where the shirt meets the sculpted arm wraps, so you'd have to be very careful when trying to remove it without tearing it at those areas.

However, with the Sideshow figure having now been released, you could always buy one of their shirts to replace the HT one since the arm wraps are part of the shirt and not the body on that one. It will be one less thing to worry about. It's the route I would go with if I was thinking about trying to update the HT figure.
I modified the stock body. I also shortened the forearm length as they were very long. The Bruce Lee body is too small and short, unfortunately. You would need to use the Bruce Lee upper torso and the Hot Toys waist and legs. To remove the shirt, just use a hair dryer and pry the shirt from the inside of the tape wraps.

Did my own sculpt which I will release sometime next year.

Instagram @yondu.toys

Attachments

• PXL_20221109_100537493.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20221109_100537493.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20221109_100233206.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20221109_100233206.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
There is no body you can swap out to use for Eric. The forearms are specially made and cannot be transferred to a new body. The sculpts neck is very long and doesn't look right on any body. Ive tried. I had to Dremel the pecks, sculpt in a new collar bone higher, and added traps. But I used my own sculpt. I haven't tried the stock sculpt as I threw it in the trash.

Attachments

• PXL_20221109_100233206.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20221109_100233206.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
This is why I need InArt to be successful, C’mon Hot Toys.

Got him 4 years ago brand new, guess he has a good run there lol.

View attachment 583977
Any figure with pleather or rubber needs to be sealed with Angelus NEUTRAL paint. It adds a layer of protection and will never flake. These pants can be saved, it's just two spots. My entire pants disintegrated! I restored them with Liquitex paint and Angelus sealer.

Attachments

• PXL_20221015_092534978.jpg
    PXL_20221015_092534978.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20221016_032517096.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20221016_032517096.PORTRAIT.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20221016_073859287.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20221016_073859287.PORTRAIT.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20221109_100537493.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20221109_100537493.PORTRAIT~2.jpg