Hot Toys: The Avengers: Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
994170_10151520929013528_557302764_n.jpg

I think the new head looks really good on the Avengers Mark VI body

I seem to recall once reading that the IM2 parts didn't work on the Avengers one.
It's cool that they do.
Do you have both versions?

The leg pieces are incompatible because of the thighs being glued to the Avengers version but the arm, helmet, and chest was easy to pop and swap.

I purchased the BD items off of a fellow freak who was displaying him clean shortly after the sale for the Avengers version was announced.

I don't want to sell it but I was just curious what a set could fetch in case I'm in a bind.

The leg pieces are incompatible because of the thighs being glued to the Avengers version but the arm, helmet, and chest was easy to pop and swap.

I purchased the BD items off of a fellow freak who was displaying him clean shortly after the sale for the Avengers version was announced.

I don't want to sell it but I was just curious what a set could fetch in case I'm in a bind.

I suspect you'd get more money if you sold them separately in the same way that you bought them. But, who knows, in a bundle and on the right day you might get closer to $800. However, being an open and displayed Mark VI I would suspect something around $650 to $700 would sell quicker.

Not sure if it's been posted- MK 7 helmet on the MK6 body.
I personally like it. It looks like a head will actually fit. The MK7's jawline is lot more defined and substantial.

I unfortunately destroyed the lighting mechanism drilling a bigger hole so it would fit with the MK6 neck. The light from the neck still shines through but it's not as bright.

The helmet I ordered was glued together so I couldn't disassemble it. I could have kept the stock lighting intact.

9068851761_dce3d3962d_b.jpg

That head is way to big for the VI. Mark VII's body is taller and thicker than the VI, your photo definitely shows the size difference between the two Marks and how much of a larger body that head is made for. The VI neck piece also is giving the head a giraffe look as well but like you said it cannot sit lower due to the electronics.

I'll reserve comments on that VII head face plate.:lol

That head is way to big for the VI. Mark VII's body is taller and thicker than the VI, your photo definitely shows the size difference between the two Marks and how much of a larger body that head is made for. The VI neck piece also is giving the head a giraffe look as well but like you said it cannot sit lower due to the electronics.

I'll reserve comments on that VII head face plate.:lol

If there's one thing to take away from this board is that people will look at the same thing and come away with different opinions. I'd be remiss if I didn't say we'll have to agree to disagree. The phone photo I provided really doesn't do it justice. I do agree about the MK7's mouth being inaccurate but it doesn't bother me at all.

I'll just leave these 2 pics for comparison. The MK6's head is just too narrow for me. I wouldn't call MK7's head bigger, it's just better proportioned.

9093625282_259097093e.jpg
9093643894_720153041e.jpg

If there's one thing to take away from this board is that people will look at the same thing and come away with different opinions. I'd be remiss if I didn't say we'll have to agree to disagree. The phone photo I provided really doesn't do it justice. I do agree about the MK7's mouth being inaccurate but it doesn't bother me at all.

I'll just leave these 2 pics for comparison. The MK6's head is just too narrow for me. I wouldn't call MK7's head bigger, it's just better proportioned.

9093625282_259097093e.jpg
9093643894_720153041e.jpg

I agree with your statement about everyone sees things differently, however you have also picked a optimum viewing angle for these references (straight forward for these pics) to show the weakness of all prior HT Mark heads. These comparison pics are now one dimensional with no depth on the figure and also very up-close to take away from overall dimensions from a full body shot. At any other angle that head will start to look more disproportional and the neck seating will make it more pronounced.

Can you take a full body comparison pic of the VI with both heads from the side? I know that mark vii head is very bulbous so i would imagine it would hang over the back of the mark VI a lot. I believe that angle will show my point better about it being made more to match thicker mark vii body.

I agree with your statement about everyone sees things differently, however you have also picked a optimum viewing angle for these references (straight forward for these pics) to show the weakness of all prior HT Mark heads. These comparison pics are now one dimensional with no depth on the figure and also very up-close to take away from overall dimensions from a full body shot. At any other angle that head will start to look more disproportional and the neck seating will make it more pronounced.

Can you take a full body comparison pic of the VI with both heads from the side? I know that mark vii head is very bulbous so i would imagine it would hang over the back of the mark VI a lot. I believe that angle will show my point better about it being made more to match thicker mark vii body.

I'm glad you saw what I was trying to "improve". It's really the crux of why I did the switch. The back and sides looks fine and nothing seems out of place. You'll have to take my word for it for now (or not :p ) as I won't be home to take the pics for a few days.

I would have been fine with the stock VI's head as long as I didn't look at it straight on :lol , but since the VII exists I had to make the switch.
Again, it's all personal preference. I really wouldn't recommend the mod because it renders the head useless for the body it was made for.

I'm glad you saw what I was trying to "improve". It's really the crux of why I did the switch. The back and sides looks fine and nothing seems out of place. You'll have to take my word for it for now (or not :p ) as I won't be home to take the pics for a few days.

I would have been fine with the stock VI's head as long as I didn't look at it straight on :lol , but since the VII exists I had to make the switch.
Again, it's all personal preference. I really wouldn't recommend the mod because it renders the head useless for the body it was made for.

I hope you bought more heads for the Mark II,III,and IV.:lol Unless you are putting ol' clown head in a hall of armor it will distort any other mark suit head around it. I grabbed the Play Imaginative mark for that reason to put in a HOA. No flames, people like what they like.

I hope you bought more heads for the Mark II,III,and IV.:lol Unless you are putting ol' clown head in a hall of armor it will distort any other mark suit head around it. I grabbed the Play Imaginative mark for that reason to put in a HOA. No flames, people like what they like.

Haha good point! Thankfully I only own the MKVI and no plans on picking up older ones :wink1:

Here's a full body shot at eye level. Also shows the lighting from the MKVI's neck.

9094110572_871a0b19af_z.jpg

Back