Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either, the Choocolate version will always be more but I'm thinking the regular SM M7 will get up to $1500 for a while just like the Gunmetal and Secrete Project Figures.

I do not think this will ever be as expensive as those early repaint variants. Maybe the chocolate version. But the sideshow one I don't think will.

Probably because of the tone and approach to the whole conversation

How do you infer tone from typed words? If I have an issue with someone I have no problem coming right out and stating so. I don't sugar up most of my discusions becuase I see no need. But just becuase I'm not all lovey dovey and using emoticons and cute gifs doesn't mean I'm in a fight. When you are debating something or discuss something I see no need for fluff. Doesn't mean I'm not gettin along. Not everyone is the same.

How do you infer tone from typed words? If I have an issue with someone I have no problem coming right out and stating so. I don't sugar up most of my discusions becuase I see no need. But just becuase I'm not all lovey dovey and using emoticons and cute gifs doesn't mean I'm in a fight. When you are debating something or discuss something I see no need for fluff. Doesn't mean I'm not gettin along. Not everyone is the same.

That seems directed at me somehow :monkey3

I don't know what you're talking about :p
Cute-Gifs-puss-in-boots-33184357-300-225.gif

:rotfl:dance

No, not you specifically. And I've got no issue with you. With most people. Even if I disagree with someone. It's the hate speak, even directed at a company, but especially at people (Howard chan is a person. The artist and people that work at hot toys and sideshow and so on). That's what I have issue with. And then the shots at me. Not a fan of those. But it's like just becuase I don't do those things in some kind of raging loon. That was my point. People complain beciase my posts are to long, but they are mostly not as long as two gifs. But becuase it's actual words it's some awful thing.

Sorry if you thought that was directed at you, or if anyone else feels the same. I was just pointing out what I don't do, not what anyone else does.

No, not you specifically. And I've got no issue with you. With most people. Even if I disagree with someone. It's the hate speak, even directed at a company, but especially at people (Howard chan is a person. The artist and people that work at hot toys and sideshow and so on). That's what I have issue with. And then the shots at me. Not a fan of those. But it's like just becuase I don't do those things in some kind of raging loon. That was my point. People complain beciase my posts are to long, but they are mostly not as long as two gifs. But becuase it's actual words it's some awful thing.

Sorry if you thought that was directed at you, or if anyone else feels the same. I was just pointing out what I don't do, not what anyone else does.

No worries. I was kidding :lol :hi5:
I just choose to ignore the negativity, in my experience, pointing it out only leads to more negativity. Either way I'm also not a fan of hateful talk, it brings the conversation down :thud:

Personal jabs are not acceptable either, its perfectly fine to argue your point or opinion but its not OK to call people names or otherwise insult anyone.

Anyway, :offtopic:
Whats the release date on this? I checked SSC but it doesnt say :dunno

I heard September. But no idea if that's official or speculaton
Well I asked them to split the flexpay in 4 payments and they just wouldn't allow it. They insisted I pay in 2 payments with the first payment starting in August. So I also think it wouldn't be ready until September.

Jacky Chang? His reviews are pretty good and prettt dead-on too

Yeah, I don't understand mandarin but his reviews are pretty good. I wish there were more collectors in Hong Kong that would do review. But, yeah the figure looks pretty sweet and I'am glad I P.O. it

Actually that's not correct.
The chocolate is fetching serious cash.

I was responding to the comment about after all the intial hype dies and the sideshow version hits...and that both versions will be up over the older gunmetal. I said at best the chocolate stays up. So, hard to say wrong when talking about the future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vc9o3n_EpE&feature=youtu.be

Chinese Blogger did a review on it. Don't know what he is saying though but thought I'd share it with you guys.

My Mandarin's spotty, but it didn't seem like there was too much new. He went through the different paint colors, which parts are translucent, where logos are located, the packaging, the difference between the regular and Chocoolate versions (it's a shirt, a pretty outer box, and an extra base cover), and a comparison to the original Mark 7 (mainly to compare color and extras). The part I couldn't understand (around the 11:40 mark) was about the black and dark brown/gold paint accents, like it might be reflective maybe (like the Python's black plastic)? I think he also mentioned that the paint on the bicep was a bit rough (or not as reflective as the other accents).

I will say, the packaging looks slick- the slipcover's translucent, and I think there's a magnet on the front flap of the cardboard box. And if anyone talks about a blue tint (non-ironically), I may blow a gasket. :gah:

Coincidentally, i recently Subscribed to Jacky Chang less than a week ago for the sole purpose of knowing he'd be first to review this figure, and i was right. Figure looks great, and I'm glad to see what appeared to be bronze in the previews/promos are much darker in-hand. Tinting out the Arc and eyes in Red is a MUST, against that black finish it's going to look so Brutal.

Back