Hot Toys TFA Episode 7 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TFA (EP7) Star Wars figures?

Why thank you!

I know I'm pushing my luck, but when will we get a Luke and Leia from ANH? :)

Good question, truth is I don't actually know any release dates or timing. That is up to HT an Disney. I am only fortunate enough to know what's on the development drawing boards. But they are coming!

Good question, truth is I don't actually know any release dates or timing. That is up to HT an Disney. I am only fortunate enough to know what's on the development drawing boards. But they are coming!

Thanks!

How would you make a functioning figure out of the Jabulani Droid anyway? Silly concept, that and the lightsaber with the hand guards. If the PT had anything going for it with the awful plot/acting/set designs/effects it did have some cool character designs. But of course if the new movies are great it will magically elevate everything, even the bad stuff (much like it did with the OT).

How would you make a functioning figure out of the Jabulani Droid anyway? Silly concept, that and the lightsaber with the hand guards. If the PT had anything going for it with the awful plot/acting/set designs/effects it did have some cool character designs. But of course if the new movies are great it will magically elevate everything, even the bad stuff (much like it did with the OT).

Yeah, I'd say Gonk Droid (silly fridge with feet) is right up there with Jabulani Droid (is that the ball droid with the floating head?).

Yeah, I'd say Gonk Droid (silly fridge with feet) is right up there with Jabulani Droid (is that the ball droid with the floating head?).

Perfect example. Pretty uninteresting square box with silly legs and feet there, but the movie being so great made it cool. Hell I'd want a 1/6 one, even had it in smaller scale when I was a kid.

Yes the droid with the bottom part that looks like the Jabulani.
jabulani_V2_by_alejit0.jpg

I'm guessing that any EP VIII figures will not be released or even revealed until the movie comes out simply to keep everything hush hush. However I imagine that figures for EP VIII and IX will be revealed before those movies hit the theater. That seems to be how they are handling the Marvel line.

Supposedly that thing is done with practical effects. No idea how or if that can translate well to 1/6. Rumours and such.

:lol

Seriously though...how would you do that with practical? The dome appears to float freely over an unbroken sphere, in the quick clip we're shown.

Sorry. Haven't read the thread.

My comment was more of a general one at the demand for TFA figures when we have t even had all the classics yet.

Sorry. Haven't read the thread.

My comment was more of a general one at the demand for TFA figures when we have t even had all the classics yet.

Ah! I'll give you that. I have a feeling those TFA stormtroopers are going to be good. Not army-building good (that's reserved for OT) but good for one or two. The rest...almost guaranteed I won't be into the rest. Really just want to see it already.

I know the focus is on OT right now but...I still would kill for a HT ROTS Kenobi as well as a TPM Qui-Gon.

Just the thought of a HT Neeson sculpt makes me moist. We'll never see Ra's despite all of Howard's ******** over the years.

The only PT figure (with a big exception for the clones of course :lol) I would be remotely intrested in is TC-14 or what the name was. But to me it would work just as good as the unfriendly droid on Bespin or the silver droid on the Tantive IV.

I have a feeling we did get wind of EP7 figures during SDCC.

Back