Hot Toys TFA Episode 7 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys TFA (EP7) Star Wars figures?

Yes. Unless the new films and figures bomb. Which won't happen. So no Lobot I'm afraid. Etc

Ps hope I'm wrong

Funny you mentioned Lobot, I was actually thinking of him. I would hope that Hot Toys and Sideshow would divide the movies? I would still like to see Lobot, Count Dooku, etc.

I am a little concerned by how memorable this is going to be as well. If the movie just does not sit well, no purchases for me. I grew up with the OT. Wish episode 7-9 had been made earlier.

Yeah pretty much the attitude I'll be taking with this flick, though I may end up adding Jedi Master Luke to my collection depending on what he's like.

Master Luke is a must for me - maybe Han & Leia & a villain / trooper or two.

I'll see, depending on how much HT approximate / idealize the EPVII figures' headsculpts going forward. :lol

I think ideally I'd prefer to wait until the entire trilogy is finished before deciding on which figures to own. I mean if Luke gets a much more badass Jedi Master costume in Episode VIII, I'd much rather have that than his scruffy old hermit look in Episode VII.

I've always wanted to see Luke carry the torch for Ben, so bring on the EPIV Ben threads. :rock

I have a feeling that VIII & IX as films may be borderline stinkers - not to mention that quite possibly, the big three won't even be in them. That said, I'll be picking very sparsely (if at all) from the new trilogy - & I'm betting that VII gets my attention the most.

That new pic of that Sith guy in the film thread - blech. That **** is so not my focus.

Eh, I'm gonna be a crank and say it's too early for this thread. *grumbles*

That new pic of that Sith guy in the film thread - blech. That **** is so not my focus.

Visually, Kylo Ren is a very, very cool character that will translate well into a 1/6 figure... With all the different textures he has going on with his helmet, wraps hood weapons(more than one) and furs. Plus Adam Driver has a really distinct face which will make him a unique character. But it is what he does in the film fans will remember him for... ;) Of course I haven't seen it but the spoiler rumors floating about are pretty dead on.

Just tell me they're making a Master Luke, Jack.. that's all I really want to know mate. :lol

i could see Hot Toys revealing a TFA Stormtrooper before the movie opens.

Will have to see the movie before I decide. Who are all these new characters anyway? Kids of Han? Leia? Lando? Who's going to be a Jedi? Who is Luke training?
Until I know more, I'm not going to decide what figures, if any I would be interested in buying.

As it stands, Old Luke and maybe Han and Leia are the only one's I would be considering. However, it completely depends on what they are like in the film. Their characters may not translate well to figures now.

Will have to see the movie before I decide. Who are all these new characters anyway? Kids of Han? Leia? Lando? Who's going to be a Jedi? Who is Luke training?
Until I know more, I'm not going to decide what figures, if any I would be interested in buying.

As it stands, Old Luke and maybe Han and Leia are the only one's I would be considering. However, it completely depends on what they are like in the film. Their characters may not translate well to figures now.

I'm not sure Carrie Fisher translates well to figures now.

Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford don't look to crash hot these days either. Not sure why women are always degraded for their older looks whilst men get a free pass.

Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford don't look to crash hot these days either. Not sure why women are always degraded for their older looks whilst men get a free pass.

Yeah, you see a lot of that. We all age; lifestyle is half of the result, genetics the uncontrollable other half. I wouldn't even comment on it if it weren't so prevalent and obvious.

It's really too early to say. Let's get a couple of trailers and confirmed costumes out of the way. They is no way I would want a Carrie Fisher now compared to the OT and I'm not the only one. I think you would only get one to complete the set.

There are so many 3PO and R2' you can get away with

The film is months away and JJ doesn't tend to give that much away. But apparently the next trailer is going to before Ultron and there was something about the opening scene flying about ?

Leaked character art
IMG-20150316-WA0002_1426505341853.jpg
IMG-20150316-WA0002_1426505368293.jpgIMG-20150316-WA0002_1426505475462.jpg
IMG-20150316-WA0002_1426525814270.jpgIMG-20150316-WA0002_1426505443504.jpg

Yes to all of these 100% guaranteed.

Do you have inside info? I'd be interested in Kylo Ren, the other characters will only appeal as figures if they appeal as, well, characters. You didn't mention Poe Dameron, and I'm willing to bet that will be a fan favourite.

No one knows what Andy Serkis's character looks like yet, wonder if it'll be possible to make a figure of it?

Do you have inside info? I'd be interested in Kylo Ren, the other characters will only appeal as figures if they appeal as, well, characters. You didn't mention Poe Dameron, and I'm willing to bet that will be a fan favourite.

No one knows what Andy Serkis's character looks like yet, wonder if it'll be possible to make a figure of it?

Yes... Yes to Poe, and Yes.

Back