Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops sorry guys, I was at work... I remember the MP-01, MP-02 and MP-04 blaster being KO'd but I can't remember where I saw it... in the meantime, there's this guy on ebay trying to sell it for $50 which is way too much... you can still buy a Hasbro used figure for $100, better off going down that route...

Ion Blaster Gun 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime Transformers Masterpiece RARE | eBay

I'll try to figure out where I saw it...

Hopefully this thread starts to heat up soon. I really would like to pull the trigger on this figure but I am waiting for some of the transformer collectors to weigh in on the opinions of this vs the MP lines for quality. This looks like a damn fine piece, but I am shaky on it because I would want at a minimum a Starscream or a Megatron to book end with this and it would be disappointing if HT just closed this off and moved along without giving Prime a running buddy.

My Optimus arrives at my LCS on Wednesday. I don't think this sold very well, or is very popular on these forums, but it's one of my most anticipated figures in the pipeline. Probably right behind Hulkbuster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion it's the fact that other characters aren't a guarantee.
If they announced 4-6 others or at least Megatron, more would bite.

Got this converted into flex pay due to MMS256D07 & VGM17 release. Instead of having it within this week, got pushed back to November! Well, better than cancelling it. LoL!

So I put it the batteries in and my light up feature doesn't work :(

Can't be bothered to send the figure back to HK, but it's a bummer for sure.

check to make sure there is no clear tab you need to pull out first. A lot of the HT figures have this to prevent battery leakage. Also make sure the batteries are making good contact in the battery compartment and its not impossible to have bad batteries brand new. I'd try swapping them out. I hope one of these fixes your problem, that is an very disappointing moment for a collector when something like this happens. Fingers crossed for you buddy.

Ah the old HT irony. People won't buy without promise of other figures in the line but other figures won't be developed unless the sales are there.

:(

4d98fb5a7b17e415b76867be02bfef69.jpg
56dfc988dcddf638203d6ee4bd280b98.jpg
e3bf4f2bf87cbbb26b6c56ffeb36ccf2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back