Hot Toys - TF001 - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) (Spec + Pics)

Excited... Confused... Disappointed... pass

Re: Hot Toys - THE TRANSFORMERS G1: Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) (Spec + Pics)

When i first saw the announcement i was gonna explode from joy, but then i saw the specs and my joy left just as fast. I dunno, i just think that for a robot figure like this to stand out from the MP line they should of made it larger, not 1/6 scale but definitely larger then 12 inches. Like at 18 or so, it would have more presence. That to me would give you more reason to buy it, otherwise its just an overpriced non transforming MP clone.

When i first saw the announcement i was gonna explode from joy, but then i saw the specs and my joy left just as fast. I dunno, i just think that for a robot figure like this to stand out from the MP line they should of made it larger, not 1/6 scale but definitely larger then 12 inches. Like at 18 or so, it would have more presence. That to me would give you more reason to buy it, otherwise its just an overpriced non transforming MP clone.

Screw that, this is probably not a one off and considering HT pricing of things that size, I'd like this to stay in the realm of buy ability even if it does hurt a little to buy. At 18", I'd probably have to pass altogether on considering the line.
As much as I love my MPs, this Prime looks like he's straight out of a "what if Bay actually did a G1 movie", there should be no confusing this we it an MP10, not even close.

You know....I have to say deep down in my soul there is not another true G1 Transformer nutcase on this planet more than me. But all this talk about oh it can't transform to justify not buying it is.....nvm...I won't go there.

It's amazing to me how in just about every Transformer thread and post with pictures, you always see the Transformers together in robot form. Why is that?

I'll tell you why! While the fact they transform is cool...especially in the cartoons...WHO CARES?????

Transformers G1 are so great because of the recognizability of them in ROBOT MODE!!!!! I don't know anyone that keeps Optimus Prime or any other character for that matter (OUTSIDE OF THE DINOBOTS) in alternate mode. Who the *****k cares?

On top of that, the Masterpiece Transformers were too damn difficult to transform anyways (at least for my friend and myself...lol pretty sad I know)....and here is the biggest selling point of Hot TOYS Transformers G1 line to me.......less chance of loose joints, broken joints, paint damage, etc. which usually results from transforming a Masterpiece Transformer back and forth from robot to alt mode.

Once again, I got to go into the why can't there be both mode???!!!! A MP Hasbro / Takara line for you kiddies....and a Collectors Hot Toys always in robot mode (cause that's the form that really matters) line for the adults?

Don't crap on MY Transformer's parade because maybe some of you like to play in your little sandbox transforming Optimus in vehicle mode so you can try and fit Hawk from GI JOE up in that muafugga.

MP fanatics stick to MP. True Transformers fans go with both! The pure Robot mode preferrer go with Hot Toys. Win...win....win in my book. Just don't nobody else crap on my parade of wanting an awesome detailed painted up Hot Toys robot mode Transformer with tons of options.
^^ Obviously a G2 guy.

Maybe each transformer in this line will come with a piece of Starscream... the most expensive build-a-figure of all time.

You know....I have to say deep down in my soul there is not another true G1 Transformer nutcase on this planet more than me.

I have to disagree, I'm sure there are plenty.

A Megatron with that Starscream head would look boss!

I consider myself a G1 fan period, and if some prefer their transformers to actually transform, I'm with them. BUT the MP line exists for that sole purpose, so, as far as I'm concerned everyone's taste is covered!

Passing on the ultimetal for sure now.

Maybe each transformer in this line will come with a piece of Starscream... the most expensive build-a-figure of all time.

lol :rotfl

A complete Starscream will be worth a mint on ebay... anyone know the figure Transmutate.

I love you Hot Toys. This will be my first purchase from them and god damn am I amped for this ish!

Sent from the Cack Pit of the Millenium Falcon

When i saw pics of this earlier i was certain it was a fake because i never thought in a billion years HT would ever be interested in Transformers,and really no point either as other companies does a great job allready.
It looks great,and i really don't care that it doesn't transform,i have my Takara figures so this is just a nice add to my collection.

But Starscream version?Why on earth does it come with Starscream parts?
Or is it something ive missed?I should know this if it's anything related to G1.

Sorry HT, stay with 1/6 figures. I don't see any reason for me to buy this, I'm perfectly satisfied with MP1 and then MP10. I don't see any reason to buy a non transforming G1 Optimus when the MP line has done it perfectly so far, plus this will most likely cost more.

Prime's hips don't lie...damn they are baby producing hips.

050425seibertron.jpg

starscream_disguise_small.jpg

Seeing the Starscream parts made me think of the G1 episode where the Decepticon's were disguised as Autobots and Starscream was in a Optimus get up causing havoc to ruin the reputation of the Autobots.

No pics of this guy from the Con?

I am all over this. Hopefully it ends up being a bit cheaper than we expect. I used to be against Transformer figures that don't actually transform but in all honesty I never posed any of my Masterpiece figures in alt mode except for Grimlock. Of my 8 Masterpiece figures I only have a Prime left and I am so uninterested in the vehicle mode that I sold the trailer. So a kick a** robot mode is all I need. Give me a Megatron to match and I am good. I love that he is bigger than the toys but small enough to fit in my detolf and fit in with the rest of my figures. The masterpiece figures are too small to look good next to my Hot Toys characters. And it looks great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dig the look of it. Maybe not so much the Starscream attachment but it's a nice accessory.

Nooooo freaking waayy... I love comic con...

Wow. Now let me have the movie version :D

Back